Hacking What is the switch/ directory?

Retinal_FAILURE

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have finally got my switch to load homebrew launcher, but can't for the life of me find where to put these .nro files to make the homebrew launcher recognize any applications. I have a folder on the root of the micro sdhc card . it is named switch. Inside of this there are various .nro applications, but none of them are found. The usage instructions are not clear.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Lowercase switch is correct.
Had the same issue.

Eventually went away, with me reinstalling/re-running the exploit, reformating the (32GB) card from a windows machine (fat32), and populating the files from a windows machine. Was on macOS before.

As said before, this scene has a documentation issue the size of a barn door. We dont know what "Install" does, we dont know what "Run does", we dont know at which point the folder is looked at, we have strange intermittent issues that are brushed away as user error (when they arent), and we have devs that dont dare to establish a communication channel thats not a random gaming chat service.

Enjoy.

Also, please provide details on what OS you are on, and what you did to solve it, if you eventually do.

Last edited by notimp,

Retinal_FAILURE

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lowercase switch is correct.
Had the same issue.

Eventually went away, with me reinstalling/re-running the exploit, reformating the (32GB) card from a windows machine (fat32), and populating the files from a windows machine. Was on macOS before.

As said before, this scene has a documentation issue the size of a barn door. We dont know what "Install" does, we dont know what "Run does", we dont know at which point the folder is looked at, we have strange intermittent issues that are brushed away as user error (when they arent), and we have devs that dont dare to establish a communication channel thats not a random gaming chat service.

Enjoy.

Also, please provide details on what OS you are on, and what you did to solve it, if you eventually do.
nvm...I copy pasted the switch folder with .nro files from windows 10 desktop before starting the install, run process for switch. my switch's homebrew launcher couldn't see the folder and applications. deleted, then did just as the guide says...to make a new folder(on the sd card) copied over .nros to this new folder (same name haha) ((switch)) and voila! Timing mighta done some weirdness idk.

Last edited by Retinal_FAILURE, , Reason: making sense now.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Seems intermittent.
MacOS likely wasnt the issue.
Win 10 likely wasnt the issue.
Create a new folder instead of copying one over likely isnt the issue.

"Did you run "Install" again, or jut "Run" to make the folder eventually show up?" is all I could think of asking at that stage.. ;)

Last edited by notimp,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: