Gaming What is this adware and how should I fix this?

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
OP
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
Today I booted up my computer to find this in the bottom right corner of my desktop. (Haven't opened anything yet.)
firefox_2018-06-05_19-56-22.png

I was able to use ShareX to find the name and icon of this app.
2018-06-05_19-59-09.png

I haven't found it in Task Manager (I just did a rough check) and haven't found it in my start up. I'm using Avast to scan my computer and i'm going to get that SysInternals program to look for what actually runs at start up.

What is this and what else should I do? (I'm keeping this thing opened.)

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so do you have a better suggestion? Or are you just here to bash the only solution being offered so far?

Not very productive imo.
i am just stating a fact here
no i do not i was hoping someone else had some better ones i had to abandon chrome and now only use FF
because my AV and the 7 malware removers i tried will not get rid of fucking rocket tab ads and a browser hijacker that rerouts all searches to yahoo
i tried to let chrome search and clean my PC no luck i tried ever malware removal guide
and no luck this new ad ware is some seriously fucking virulent shit and i gave up trying to remove it like these crap malware programs gave up bothering to put up proper definition updates years ago
my advice if f you get one of these adwares is
learn to live with it
switch browsers
or formatt your HDD or buy a new PC

Last edited by weatMod,
Reactions: x65943

Uiaad

GBAtemp's resident guinea pig
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@jacklack, hard to say without identifying the process its running ( even then its probably just some garbled text ) MB should tell you more or less what it is

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
OP
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys so I found out it was Clover, which sucks but I was planning to uninstall it. I got the Malwarebytes free trial so it was able to stop the site and when it first launched I quickly opened task manager, closed the Clover helper program and the adware thing went away. So I uninstalled it. Thanks so much for the help guys!

TL;DR Clover I guess is now adware, rip.

EDIT: Someone PM'd me on discord and so if you want to use clover but don't want adware, use the latest version without adware which is 3.0.406.

Last edited by Jacklack3,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: