Misc What is your bgm once transformed into a japanese hero?

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you were a japanese "henshin (transforming) hero", popping out of an anime series or a "tokusatsu" telefilm what would be your accompanying BGM (theme)? Post a message and the theme as an attachment in mp4, mp3, ogg or simple midi format. Only old and new japanese series, no Marvel, DC or Dark Horse characters or american series. Choose one that is original, engaging and compelling, as only japanese authors can compose. Come on let's make a nice, creative and dreamlike collection: don't disappoint me. In the meantime, enjoy this gem, which surely none of you have ever heard of.
😉
View attachment 322304

Last edited by Nikokaro,
Reactions: Hmed

Nova13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

From the Great Beyond, it's Nova, on the scene!
I've always thought the idea of henshin heroes to be great, ever since I saw episodes of Power Rangers: Dino Thunder as a little kid. Those old saturday morning tv blocks are a huge gateway to japanese culture in general, eh?

Reactions: Hmed and Nikokaro

Creamu

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
This theme song in truth is a bit of a sorrow dirge, not at all compelling, rather gloomy in fact.
Let me try again:

The sunlight kills the night and I hate all snakes and thiefs! Ohayou gozaimasu!
Evidently my idea was not liked or understood.
For someone who is not in on it, it's not quite clear what you where going for.
Not many people are as passionate about japanese culture as I am. 😅
...Popular culture...

Reactions: Hmed and Nikokaro

Nikokaro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I dedicate this one to our friend @AncientBoi . I read somewhere that you knew this legendary "tokusatsu" series, surely one of the earliest if we exclude the "Dai Kaiju" (giant beasts) movies (Godzilla, Gamera etc.).

Last edited by Nikokaro,
  • Love
Reactions: Hmed and AncientBoi

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dedicate this one to our friend @AncientBoi . I read somewhere that you knew this legendary "tokusatsu" series, surely one of the earliest if we exclude the "Dai Kaiju" (giant beasts) movies (Godzilla, Gamera etc.).

Truly I did. and the other ones as well. :)

Reactions: Nikokaro

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
To be honest, this doesn't come from Tokusatsu, and even if there is a little bit of henshin involved in the series (I guess you could say) this is not exactly a "hero's transformation" song, buuuut I like the song and I really think it sets up the tone / makes the adrenaline run as it should in such a scene.

• Love

Nikokaro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
this is not exactly a "hero's transformation" song, buuuut I like the song and I really think it sets up the tone
As a fan of the first series of Saint Seiya, I can't help but be excited about this theme: it fits nicely here. Anyway I was going to post it myself in a few days. Then I post the Italian version of the same song.

Reactions: sarkwalvein

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Might not strictly be within the parameters of the thread (is a Japanese band doing a song they wrote as far as I am aware) but I am going it anyway
Metalucifer - Flight of Iron Pegasus. Though you could pick almost any other Metalucifer song as far as I am concerned.... and I just saw they have a new EP that I had not heard. Guess I know what I am going to be doing for the next 40 minutes.

Possibly a bit obvious (or not as I don't see many discuss this any more)
Heero Yuy theme/The Wings of a Boy that Killed Adolescence

Nikokaro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I didn't know that japanese band, but from what I hear their style is the right one, apt to the spirit of this thread.
As for Gundam Wing, I am of the opinion that the first opening theme song is awesome, compelling and in some passages even touching.

Creamu

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Might not strictly be within the parameters of the thread (is a Japanese band doing a song they wrote as far as I am aware) but I am going it anyway
Metalucifer - Flight of Iron Pegasus. Though you could pick almost any other Metalucifer song as far as I am concerned.... and I just saw they have a new EP that I had not heard. Guess I know what I am going to be doing for the next 40 minutes.

Possibly a bit obvious (or not as I don't see many discuss this any more)
Heero Yuy theme/The Wings of a Boy that Killed Adolescence

What is your message?

Nikokaro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Friends, the last hour has come. Quickly, flee and hide in your homes. The Demon Kingdom has come to forcefully claim its dominion over the Earth..... But we have one last, faint hope left, and it is entrusted to him, who belonged to them but who, upset by a mortal love, betrayed his original mission....

Creamu

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Friends, the last hour has come. Quickly, flee and hide in your homes. The Demon Kingdom has come to forcefully claim its dominion over the Earth..... But we have one last, faint hope left, and it is entrusted to him, who belonged to them but who, upset by a mortal love, betrayed his original mission....

DESTROY THE DEMON KINGDOM NOW!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright