Gaming What is your experience with the Wii2HDMI adapter?

TorqueEmPup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm now using cheap component cables and the OSSC, and the video quality i get from the wii2hdmi is pretty much on par to the 480p passthru option, the OSSC actually looks noisier because of the cheap cables. I wish there was an easier way to track down the good wii2hdmi units because they're a very good option in my experience.

And I can only imagine how much more difficult that might be for you in Brazil with how high import taxes are there.

I personally have a set of Component cables that has multiple ends for different consoles (Wii, PS3/PS2, and 360) When hooked up to my old small 27"? 720p Vizio I got for free from a relative, it's nice and crisp. I have no clue what brand they are, since that was probably like a good 13 years ago now when they were bought. lol

Mainly my venture into getting good picture out of the Wii, is I want to get it on my 55" 4k TCL
(ofc no Component inputs, only 3 HDMI, a Composite, and a RF jack) and for some reason I can't get F-Zero GX to stop crashing and resetting itself back to the title screen in the middle of gameplay on my Gamecube, which I have got one of those nice HDMI adapters for the Digital A/V port.

But alas, I may have to curb my desire to only play on original hardware to play F-Zero GX, and just use Nintendon't on my Wii U with a Gamecube controller adapter.

Last edited by TorqueEmPup,

MyJoyConRunsHot

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How is the Sewell Wii2hdmi compared to component output?

I have a decent component cable that I got from from monoprice and I just want a somewhat lagless hdmi alternative with similar picture quality for cable management purposes.

MarknuB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
And I can only imagine how much more difficult that might be for you in Brazil with how high import taxes are there.

I personally have a set of Component cables that has multiple ends for different consoles (Wii, PS3/PS2, and 360) When hooked up to my old small 27"? 720p Vizio I got for free from a relative, it's nice and crisp. I have no clue what brand they are, since that was probably like a good 13 years ago now when they were bought. lol

Mainly my venture into getting good picture out of the Wii, is I want to get it on my 55" 4k TCL
(ofc no Component inputs, only 3 HDMI, a Composite, and a RF jack) and for some reason I can't get F-Zero GX to stop crashing and resetting itself back to the title screen in the middle of gameplay on my Gamecube, which I have got one of those nice HDMI adapters for the Digital A/V port.

But alas, I may have to curb my desire to only play on original hardware to play F-Zero GX, and just use Nintendon't on my Wii U with a Gamecube controller adapter.

I didn't pay any import taxes. So far my experience with the ossc has been fine, but i can't get the best quality out of it due to the lack of an optimised configuration for the wii available on the internet. The configuration i've been using is for the GameCube and while it works, it feels like it could be sharper. I still use the Wii2hdmi when i need convenience and it still works great, i have nothing to complain. It looks as good as 480p can get, with no noise nor anything.

ChrisBurnes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check out the Mayflash one, it is better than the Chinese Wii2HDMI adapters.

Amazon item number is B07XG6X4TC
(can't post links)

Qf0007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The one labelled 'bad' looks to be the same as mine. It uses a different chip which is clocked at a higher frequency - maybe that is why it doesn't suffer the same issue.

I don't really any issues with the image quality of this version of the board other than the diagonal lines.

That said, I've been doing some tinkering and have made some progress :)

By 'bending' the frequency of the crystal with a series capacitor, the lines are no longer stationary or moving, but moving fast enough not to be visible. As per the photo below, I put a 4.7pF in series with the crystal and can no longer see lines.This is all subject to further testing of course, and the lines could re-appear if the temperature inside the case changes enough.
View attachment 218945

So I ended up getting a bad unit from ebay and started experimenting. Came across your post on here and started trying different ceramic caps that I have, and one labeled 15 (probably 15pf). It fixed the problem enough to where the noise is barely noticeable. Here are before and after pics
unknown.png
Capture.PNG

Reactions: xPoyo
D

Deleted User

When I tried the Wii2HDMI adapter out on my TV for the first time with my Wii, nothing would show up on the screen even with the HDMI cables plugged in. Then I decided to try it out on another TV and I was impressed with the results. The video quality was way better than with my composite cables. I'm guessing that the TV I have doesn't support the video signal this thing is outputting.

Reactions: MrCokeacola

Exidous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I tried the Wii2HDMI adapter out on my TV for the first time with my Wii, nothing would show up on the screen even with the HDMI cables plugged in. Then I decided to try it out on another TV and I was impressed with the results. The video quality was way better than with my composite cables. I'm guessing that the TV I have doesn't support the video signal this thing is outputting.
Yeah, not every tv/monitor supports 480p over HDMI. These adapters aren't upscalers, they're just converting an analog 480p signal to a digital one. And the Wii itself is taking a digital 480p from its GPU, and converting it to analog 480p before output. So it's all very silly for us.

Yuyukirby

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to get mine working(Just bought it) and the screen's gong between the game and no signal, even with a splitter.
The game I was working on is Pokemon Colloseum, cause I'd like to use this to stream from my Wii again.

Last edited by Yuyukirby,

donotprikel231

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the chip set dump if anyone wants it .bin just ask me P25Q40L.bin Because i dont know if its pirating.
Post automatically merged:

Good day, people of GBATemp.

I bought my third Wii just recently. Got it pretty cheap, only 60$ for the console, three remotes, two nunchuks and the Skylanders Swap Force set.

What I want to ask is: what is your experience with the Wii2HDMI adapter? I know most of you will say that I should get a component cable, but my LED HDTV is a few years old and does not have a component input (I was furious when I saw it didn't have one), only a composite, SCART and two HDMI inputs. So component is out of the question. I already ordered a cheap Wii2HDMI on Wish a few days ago.

Now, I don't expect wonders, but will it be at least slightly better or less blurry?
Did you experience any other problems with the sound, picture etc.?

Any help is appreciated.
For me it was way blurryer that normal but with some modification to the chips and stuff inside it was normal.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel