OP
Trophies
Website
gamesystemrequirements.com
XP
Country
Romania
mkoo said:
Perhaps I'll wait for N9. My inner geek wants a MeeGo phone which I'll install regular Linux apps if it's Atom powered.
If you mean the CPU, then yes, the rumors say that it will pack a 1.2 GHz Intel Atom CPU!
smile.gif

Attila13

Praise the Creep!
OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Romania
Originality said:
How about a phone using the 4-core ARM CPU from the NGP? That'd be pretty good for games...
Yeah, for sure
nyanya.gif

But the thing is that my Galaxy S gets a bit hot after playing like 10 mins on it Dungeon Hunter or Hero of Sparta and it's only whit a single-core CPU.... So with a phone with a 4-core CPU you'd need a bucket of ice to keep it cold after like 2 minutes!
rofl.gif

Daidude

Puzzled
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Haven't had many phones yet because I'm only 13 but the ones I have had are:

1.Samsung J700i on Tesco

Current Phone:
HTC Wildfire which I think is great but can be a bit slow at times.
Dunno why everyone my age wanted a Blackberry so bad when now everyones gotten over the fad and i'm happy I made the right choice.
smile.gif

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_64YBd64qrE8/THHs...-wildfire-2.png

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
1st phone i had was this 1 nokia 5110
nokia.jpg

2nd phone nokia 3210
Reviews-Nokia-3210.jpg

3rd phone was this one nokia 3310
4118TWTVDHL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

4th phone nokia 3410
Nokia-3410-Reviews1.jpg

5th phone samsung T100
sst100.gif

7th phone Sony CMD J70
sony-cmd-j70-1.jpg

8th phone Sony Ericsson T618
snt68i.gif

6th phone nokia 3510
nokia-3510.jpg

9th phone Motorola V100
movbox.gif

10th phone Nokia 7610
no7610_00.jpg

11th phone Nokia 7650
nokia_76501.jpg

12th phone Nokia N70
n70main.jpg

11th phone N73
3496-3.jpg

13th phone Nokia Xpress Music 5800
nokia-5800-xpressmusic-2.jpg

this is the phone i have now Sony Ericsson Xperia X10
se-xperia-x10-new-1.jpg

when it gets cheaper i will be getting this phone in the future. Sony Ericsson XPERIA Arc
sony-ericsson-xperia-x12-arc-all.jpg

Attila13

Praise the Creep!
OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Romania
jalaneme said:
1st phone i had was this 1 nokia 5110
nokia.jpg

2nd phone nokia 3210
Reviews-Nokia-3210.jpg

3rd phone was this one nokia 3310
4118TWTVDHL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

4th phone nokia 3410
Nokia-3410-Reviews1.jpg

5th phone nokia 3510
nokia-3510.jpg

6th phone samsung T100
sst100.gif

7th phone Sony CMD J70
sony-cmd-j70-1.jpg

8th phone Sony Ericsson T618
snt68i.gif

9th phone Motorola V100
movbox.gif

10th phone Nokia 7610
no7610_00.jpg

11th phone N73
3496-3.jpg

12th phone Nokia N70
n70main.jpg

13th phone Nokia 7650
nokia_76501.jpg

14th phone Nokia Xpress Music 5800
nokia-5800-xpressmusic-2.jpg

this is the phone i have now Sony Ericsson Xperia X10
se-xperia-x10-new-1.jpg

when it gets cheaper i will be getting this phone in the future. Sony Ericsson XPERIA Arc
sony-ericsson-xperia-x12-arc-all.jpg
Whoa! you really had a bunch, nice collection!
wink.gif

I saw that you like the Xperia series, and I saw that your description says "Female gamer", so what do you think about the upcoming Xperia Play aka PSphone or PlayStation Phone or whatever!
laugh.gif

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Attila13 said:
Whoa! you really had a bunch, nice collection!
wink.gif

I saw that you like the Xperia series, and I saw that your description says "Female gamer", so what do you think about the upcoming Xperia Play aka PSphone or PlayStation Phone or whatever!
laugh.gif

well the way sony are going about right now i am not sure if i want to buy anymore of there stuff, i may even go back to nokia, there phones have always been good
smile.gif
i don't think the xperia play would do so well because most people have a mobile phone and psp separately so i don't think a lot would buy this, imagine how much it would cost on contract! but the xperia arc looks promising you can't deny that..

sentinel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
Here is my list:

My 1st phone was a Motorola StarTac:
I had this phone back when I was at High school. Pretty nice phone for the time considering earlier phones were bricks, literally... This phone was a huge hit, at least here, Everyone had a StarTac...

starTAC.jpg

startac.jpg

2nd was a Nokia 5110:
This phone was just a replacement for the StarTac since that one died horribly... Don't remember a lot about it since it was just a transition phone...

nokia.jpg

3rd was a Nokia 6590i:
Ok I loved this phone so much, it was the smallest phone for the time, pretty advance and had great features. This phone was built like a tank, one time I dropped it on a beach, found it full of sand and salt water, still works
biggrin.gif

image624_2.gif

4th was a Nokia 6030:
This was another replacement phone I got from Ebay, I just needed an unlocked phone and it was cheap enough. Liked it at the time and still have it, still works
smile.gif

nokia-6030-00.jpg

5th was a Motorola Razr:
Ok this phone has the same story as the StarTac. A phone that was incredibly popular at the time and almost everyone had it. Still works too
smile.gif

mov3_00.jpg

6th was a RIM Blackberry Pearl 8110:
This phone was my baby for such a long time. It was my first smartphone and I loved it. Recently unlocked it and it still looks like new...
biggrin.gif

rim_blackberry_pearl_8110.jpg

7th and current phone is a Samsung Galaxy S Captivate:
Ok, this is my current baby, the BEST phone I've had. I just love android and this phone is just all that I need and much more. Great phone! Never had a problem with it at all. Its just an amazing phone and one I hope to have for a long time
biggrin.gif

Samsung-Galaxy-Captivate.jpg

jerbz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i just recently got a blackberry torch i love it so far.
my little sister got a samsung galaxy S captivate which i am a little jealous about.
i didnt know that was an option of a phone i could get..
=/

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Without bothering too much about photos at the moment, or exact dates:

1. Siemens C35i — I think I had this sometime in 2003/4; not certain, though I think had it at least until 2005. Still have the phone itself but hasn't turned on for a while; probably a depleted battery. It still turned on after I got a new one, so it wasn't the reason it was replaced.
  2. Motorola RAZR V3 — Pitiful memory space; I don't have this one anymore, as I exchanged it when the camera stopped working (curious issue; each time I turned the camera on it would fail to load and the screen would turn off, at which point I had to pull the battery to turn it on again).
  3. Samsung SGH-E370 — Nice little phone; this was what I got to replace the RAZR. It went to my sister after I'd finished with it.
  4. Samsung SGH-D600 — Second hand from eBay; I think I had that one in around 2007. Screen colours played up somehow in recent years and at some point most of the screen refused to work, though a couple of weeks ago I decideed to root around in it using the TV out cable and the screen started working properly again.
  5. Samsung SGH-U600 — Black and gold version, though originally I'd hoped maybe to get the silver one. That one I think I got at the start of 2009 (I think; might have to check on that. Might have either been January or October, thinking about it). I dropped it on the corner of a board in my room and the screen got a small crack on the first day. :P Overall it was alright. Still have that one too.
  6. Samsung GT-S5230 (Tocco Lite) — After my sister wanted to replace the E370 she and I both got these; she got hers a day or so before I did. Again, I have the date recorded, but not to hand, so I might add that in later. Either late 2009 or early 2010 though. It was nice, though the keyboard (virtual) could be frustrating. If something was added into the T9 dictionary there was no way to remove it and if you use it once it will automatically assume you're always going to want to use it first. On its side it would have a QWERTY layout, though the keys were often too small for me to use, so I usually kept it in normal keypad mode. One thing I didn't like was that it only had a limit of 500 SMSs. This included both incoming and outgoing, and the space was reduced when including EMSs (messages longer than 160 characters, for instance), so I had to empty my folders every few days sometimes. The strange thing is that the U600 had a size of 1000, despite it being older (again, this would be reduced when including EMS messages).
  7. Sony Ericsson Xperia X10September 17th, 2010–July 14th, 2011 (currently disabled). First Android device and I liked it a lot, despite the lack of multi-touch, which on the part of Sony Ericsson wasn't the best choice.
  8. Samsung Galaxy S IIJuly 14th, 2011–December 18th, 2012. A great upgrade from the X10; it has full multitouch which is an expected standard, and it's very fast in terms of 2011 technology.
  9. LG Nexus 4December 18th, 2012–November 4th, 2013. Incredible device. Quad-core and really quick; my first Nexus device and by extension my first smartphone with virtual on-screen buttons. Also my first to have an HD display. Also supports wireless charging, though I always used the traditional cable method.
  10. LG Nexus 5 — November 4th, 2013–November 5th, 2015. My second Nexus device. 1080p screen and it is fitting in very nicely. Rooted, as always; my Nexus 4 is still very much functional, though it has been retired as primary communicator. Always good as a backup and standalone device.
  11. Huawei Nexus 6PNovember 5th, 2015–November 24th, 2017. My third Nexus phone and fourth Nexus device altogether. Great specs, much bigger screen which I can handle easily thanks to having very large hands.
  12. Google Pixel 2 XLNovember 24th, 2017–present. Moving on from the Nexus line thanks to Google retiring it, the 6P encountered battery issues including early shutdowns and so the second model I had was replaced with this. Initially I was hesitant because of the high price and the lack of a headphone jack, but with other phones removing them (unnecessarily in my opinion) I decided I would have to try out wireless headphones, and found some with excellent battery life that would suit my needs (only a few hours of life is no good to me). The battery is certainly much better and the camera is excellent, as has already been confirmed by others. Required a replacement 2 XL when a curious issue arose in which no USB-C to USB-C activity could be recognised on the original. Fast charging was unavailable and the only way to charge was extremely slowly via USB-A connection.
  13. Google Pixel 5October 14th, 2020–November 18th, 2022. An upgrade more out of necessity than anything else; I would have continued with the second Pixel 2 XL if not for the fact that it sustained damage and, though still usable, compromised it, necessitating a replacement (or repair which may have been somewhat impractical price-wise given its age, though something I may still consider in the future as it is mostly intact). The Pixel 5 is a nice phone so far, though smaller and lower resolution, however with the 2/2 XL almost out of its support period I probably would've had to get a new one eventually anyway. I also miss the edge squeeze to activate the Assistant, but never mind; there are other ways of doing that. Original was subject to RMA in April '22 when my screen was separating from the main body. I suspect possibly wireless charging may have heated the glue over time and reduced its ability to actually hold the phone together but this is only a speculation on my part. Unfortunately the replacement (also a Pixel 5) started experiencing some sort of storage corruption leading to frequent crashes and reboots. I contacted support days too late to claim on my warranty (which for some reason applies to the original purchase and doesn't extend based on the RMA device being separate hardware...) so I only got a discount code which I eventually used towards...
  14. Google Pixel 7 ProNovember 18th, 2022–present. As I'm speaking it's yet to arrive but I know it's coming today. It was an expense I honestly would've liked to avoid, but a working phone is a necessity, and I had a discount that would expire by the end of the year so it was still my best opportunity. Waited until the Black Friday sale just in case I could find a way to stack offers, but there was no discount on the 7/7 Pro models here which is unfortunate. Still, I opted for that both because I want a phone to last as long as I can as I can't really afford to replace it often at the moment, and I'm hoping that its camera capabilities will come in useful in my currently somewhat lacklustre attempts at finding a way to monetise my photography.
- Samsung T-100. A phone so old the box proudly preaches about the new and exciting technology of the colour screen. No camera, no MP3 ringtone capacity, scuffed beyond recognition but technically fine. I lost the charger but aside from that it's in perfect working order.

I always experience nostalgia when I think about that phone. Someone I know got it when it was new; I remember the adverts on the TV; as you said, so old that they were actually advertising a colour screen (and it was a phone with left/right keys when at the time we were all used to up and down).

A Samsung Star, S5230.

samsung-star-nfc.jpg
You call that a Samsung Star where you are? Here it's a Tocco Lite.

I remember before having a phone of my own when I used to play the games on others, like Snake and Rotation. I particularly enjoyed my sister's 3310, and the game Space Impact. ^_^

Last edited by ProtoKun7,

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
i think a lot of people here remember the Nokia 5110, it was such a cool phone back in the day i was in college when i had one myself
smile.gif
sentinel5000 Motorola must be popular in america, i find it sells much more than nokia does, but in europe nokia is pretty much all we use here, as you can see from my phone history i didn't really get along with Motorola that much, their phones are ok.

i guess that makes 3 of us that remembers the Samsung T-100 phone.
smile.gif
back then it was quite state of the art phone, the ringtones and display were quite good too.

unnkown95

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i had a sony xperia x10, then i heard about the atrix so i returned that phone and on march 6 i will get my:
MOTOROLA Atrix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The most powererful phone evr produced

Frostshocker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have had a ton of phones in the past (not kidding i really have been through alot) so i wont bother making a list but this is my current phone

Blackberry curve 3g 9300:

r7w40l.jpg

Nothing too expensive/flashy at the moment.

Maybe ill go for an android when my contract is up on this when i get a phone i just pick whatever honestly although i really like the features and build quality of the blackberry.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Frostshocker said:
I have had a ton of phones in the past (not kidding i really have been through alot) so i wont bother making a list but this is my current phone

r7w40l.jpg

Nothing too expensive/flashy at the moment.

Maybe ill go for an android when my contract is up on this when i get a phone i just pick whatever honestly although i really like the features and build quality of the blackberry.

join the club, can you beat my world record? lol btw why has blackberry mobiles phones all of a sudden become so popular in the uk?, these phones you would only see them in america, now every young teen has them on the bus.

Frostshocker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
jalaneme said:
Frostshocker said:

-snip-

join the club, can you beat my world record? lol btw why has blackberry mobiles phones all of a sudden become so popular in the uk?, these phones you would only see them in america, now every young teen has them on the bus.

id say they got popular because of the "Blackberry Messenger" thing these phones have, makes all the kids feel "cool" like they are part of some club haha

i personally dont use it much
it is no different than any other messaging tool these days

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
unnkown95 said:
i had a sony xperia x10, then i heard about the atrix so i returned that phone and on march 6 i will get my:
MOTOROLA Atrix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The most powererful phone evr produced
Just had a look and it looks pretty sweet!

Especially the accessories you can use with it (especially that laptop dock).

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LG EnV2, was all the craze and I got it behind the curve (plus the buttons were crap), the EnV3 soon came out and i was ticked off
10585-4999-400-395-500x500.jpg

I then got a Samsung Alias 2, but then lost it on a rollercoaster a few weeks later, so i went back to the EnV2
samsung-alias-2-combo.jpg

I then got a freakin huge upgrade to the Galaxy S device on verizon, the Fascinate, i love it, especially because of a few excellent devs, namely Adrynalyne and jt1134
samsung_galaxy_s_fascinate_verizon_front.png
Samsung-Fascinate-Galaxy-S-Verizon-official-launch-date-2.jpg

xerces

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sprint:
Unknown Nokia Flip Phone
Unknown Samsung Flip Phone
Samsung Ace
T-mobile