What song are you currently listening to?

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New Day Yesterday always sounded like a (early) Sabbath song to me..

As much as I'm a huge fan of Black Sabbath, they get a little too much sole credit for "creating heavy metal." And while Iommi was the master of creating cool licks and bulding whole songs around them, Jethro Tull and King Crimson were both miles ahead in musicality and technical proficiency.

Reactions: CoolMe

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As much as I'm a huge fan of Black Sabbath, they get a little too much sole credit for "creating heavy metal." And while Iommi was the master of creating cool licks and bulding whole songs around them, Jethro Tull and King Crimson were both miles ahead in musicality and technical proficiency.
Different kinds of music though.. One thing for BS is consistency, they stuck with their sound throughout their albums, heavy distorted guitars, thumping bass, exploding drums.. While JT & KC were more experimental, specifically the latter, folk/blues for JT, with some Jazz influence, they certainly do have more complex compositions in contrast (also improv)..

Reactions: Hanafuda

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1