Homebrew What to buy

Ryab

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im looking to get another 3ds and im wondering what models are still shipping that are below 11.4?

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
11.5 is relatively new so most consoles on the store shelves should still have 11.4 or under. Really it shouldn't be an issue if it's over 11.4 since we have NTRBootHax and will more than likely have an exploit for 11.5 eventually.

Bottom line, it really shouldn't matter unless you can't get a compatible flashcard for 11.5 and under(R4i Gold RTS).

Ryab

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
11.5 is relatively new so most consoles on the store shelves should still have 11.4 or under. Really it shouldn't be an issue if it's over 11.4 since we have NTRBootHax and will more than likely have an exploit for 11.5 eventually.

Bottom line, it really shouldn't matter unless you can't get a compatible flashcard for 11.5 and under(R4i Gold RTS).
i meant pre11.4

BlueLeafeon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know. My point was any recent firmware is hackable now with NTRBootHax so it really shouldn't matter. A flashcard is only $20 and with NTRBootHax you can fix a brick so it's definitely a worthy investment. I'm glad you found a 11.3 Galaxy though. :)
Yeah but the difference is being able to use OCS, which is so easy a noob could do it. lol

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It doesn't matter anymore, just buy any 3DS and buy an R4i Gold (URL on cartr4ids.cn)
You gain a lot out of this
1: You gain a method of exploiting your system that Nintendo can't block through OFW update. NTRBoot is a bootrom exploit, so it will require new hardware to fix
2: You gain a flashcart for DS games.
This is a 20$ investment to never worry again.

Reactions: BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah but the difference is being able to use OCS, which is so easy a noob could do it. lol
In my opinion, NTRBootHax is the easiest and fastest way to install CFW, it can't be patched and works on all firmwares with the bonus of fixing a brick and NDS games seeing as you'd have a flashcard. Not trying to take away from OCS or your decision, just saying. :)

It doesn't matter anymore, just buy any 3DS and buy an R4i Gold (URL on cartr4ids.cn)
You gain a lot out of this
1: You gain a method of exploiting your system that Nintendo can't block through OFW update. NTRBoot is a bootrom exploit, so it will require new hardware to fix
2: You gain a flashcart for DS games.
This is a 20$ investment to never worry again.
Exactly.

Last edited by BL4Z3D247,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol