Hacking What will be possible with IOSU? A list of things.

Chuardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Yes, games like Xenoblade or The Last Story would be fantastic on the Gamepad if you ask me, especially The Last Story.
I also think that some games that don't use the Classic Controller are also compatible like Super Mario Galaxy 2, I could be wrong tho.

Jwiz33

Banned
Trophies
in the illuminati headquar—I have said too much!
Website
iwillcleanyourbasement.webstarts.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes, games like Xenoblade or The Last Story would be fantastic on the Gamepad if you ask me, especially The Last Story.
I also think that some games that don't use the Classic Controller are also compatible like Super Mario Galaxy 2, I could be wrong tho.
So they are now or will be with the IOSU exploit?

Chuardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
So they are now or will be with the IOSU exploit?
You can use it only if you buy the games on the eShop right now.
I guess that probably in the future we can get a way of using the Gamepad on other Wii games, maybe inyecting a Wii game on a VC title or something, who knows?

Jwiz33

Banned
Trophies
in the illuminati headquar—I have said too much!
Website
iwillcleanyourbasement.webstarts.com
XP
Country
United States
You can use it only if you buy the games on the eShop right now.
I guess that probably in the future we can get a way of using the Gamepad on other Wii games, maybe inyecting a Wii game on a VC title or something, who knows?
Oh, I thought you meant VC in Wii mode. I was about to install a bunch of VC wads :P

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol The guy claiming that it's fake is just intentionally trolling, you can feel the sarcasm towards the user he was replying to, to answer his question of it being real or not.

Last edited by MattKimura,

0nethe

Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
I was expecting a 5.5.0 Christmas' gift exploit under the tree :D but Santa didn't bring anything for me, so sad! Guess I was a bad kid this year. :)

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was expecting a 5.5.0 Christmas' gift exploit under the tree :D but Santa didn't bring anything for me, so sad! Guess I was a bad kid this year. :)
Take a look HERE

It was posted before Christmas Eve as a warning that it's not actually coming for Christmas. But next week later or longer.

0nethe

Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
Take a look HERE

It was posted before Christmas Eve as a warning that it's not actually coming for Christmas. But next week later or longer.

Oh thanks. I was offline for few days. Well, It is all good, I will enjoy the new Gateway release for Christmas in the mean time.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I heard the exploit isn't permanent and you have to install it everytime you boot the WiiU. Does it take long to do and is it a hassle to do? Just wanna know if it's worth it or if I should skip it.

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I heard the exploit isn't permanent and you have to install it everytime you boot the WiiU. Does it take long to do and is it a hassle to do? Just wanna know if it's worth it or if I should skip it.

In worst case it would just be like the 3Ds, meaning you would have your Wii U run on "normal mode" in each boot and you would have to go to the "exploited mode" through the browser, but that's all you'll need, normally everything that you've set we'll be always there, hacks, games, homebrew, since you probably put them on USB or SD card. In fact in the Wii U it would be much faster than 3Ds since you'll always have access to the browser through quick launch menu. So yeah if you could afford extra one or two clicks each boot before getting to your hacked Wii U, it is definitely worth it. The only problem is the constant risk of updating your sysnand, so hopefully the devs will come up with a way to permanently and efficiently block updates.

shovelcat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
XBMC for Wii U, Some Chat software for Wii U, Drawing game for Wii U, Firefox for Wii U, ScummVM for wiiU would be very nice with the gamepad. Dev Menu access ? ;)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nintendo should think twice before charging for devkit. There's a tons of possibility with the gamepad. They should release a free devkit.

Smashington

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm assuming if I were to use an external hard drive with apps/mods loaded from this exploit (like TCP Gecko or Loadiine), I wouldn't have to reformat the entire drive like I would if I were hooking it up to an unmodded system for memory storage, correct? Nevermind dumb question

Last edited by Smashington,

daicon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone has the knowledge: Would it be possible to add extra functionality to vWii mode through this exploit? Like for example being able to play a homebrew/wii/gamecube on the Wii U gamepad while in vWii mode? I'm assuming its impossible but I am curious. That would be pretty exciting to me.

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If anyone has the knowledge: Would it be possible to add extra functionality to vWii mode through this exploit? Like for example being able to play a homebrew/wii/gamecube on the Wii U gamepad while in vWii mode? I'm assuming its impossible but I am curious. That would be pretty exciting to me.
As mentioned before, since you could just inject oyur wii games while being in Wii U mode, you can use your gamepad on wii games then. But yeh would be interesting if someone figured out how to use gamepad on vWii for all the homebrew we already have there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gay history is serious