Wordpress

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
let's talk about the wiiU .rpx
Let's take Mario Kart 8 as a model: what's in the Turbo.rpx file?
Opening it with the HxD is a compressed .elf
From what I've read around, the .rpx would look like a .exe file for windows.
I go to the point: let's say I want in the game to rename a folder like "Gu_WaterPark" in "Gu_WaterHouse":rofl2:. How can I do it?
That's why I asked what's inside the Turbo.rpx file.
Somewhere I saw how to get the elf out of the rpx.
But in the HxD, let's talk about the elf file, I can not find the names of the folders
To be clearer: I'm interested only in knowing what's inside the elf.rpx file and how to modify it:P:unsure:

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You need to use a disassembler to analyze the RPX. It's not as easy as you think. You will be able to search for strings but all the game's code is in assembly. You can modify it if you find the right spots in the assembly (HxD can be used for modifying).

Wordpress

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Are no developer tools available to do this? I'm not asking where to download them, as I already have them, but I do not recognize which one does my need ...

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Any game is mostly free to store its resources in whatever way the devs wanted

There's no really such thing as extracting an executable, either - while it may indeed contain what were initially non-source-code files (read about "bin2h" and equivalents) you can't positively locate them afterwards once it's compiled - AND they get in the way of understanding disassemblies too!

The folder names you're looking for may well be compressed (again, in any possible arbitrary format)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/q1474nWP0bI?si=5v445vycfskxD3V8