Whats the greatest deal you ever got on a game/ console?

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Panzer Dragoon Saga for $3 at Goodwill. It was missing one sleeve or it would have been mint. I actually got all 3 Panzer Dragoons there for $3 each and sold them for $350 on Ebay. I had already beaten PDS before so decided to go for the money.

Years earlier I got Suikoden 2 and Valkyrie Profile at a movie store for $2 each sold them for about $100 each.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: bowser

Finn_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a free N64. Ended up buying Glover for N64 later for 5 dollars. It's a satisfying wonky video game experience.

[^Blark^]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a free N64. Ended up buying Glover for N64 later for 5 dollars. It's a satisfying wonky video game experience.
oh man, I have this game too. had it as a child back in the early 2000's and recently bought it again a few years back. This game was/is actually really frustrating. (pop the ball you lose a life, hit the ball to far rolls off cliff lose a life, and not to mention the boss fight with the monkey) I haven't really touched it in awhile but maybe I'll give it another chance hahaha one of these days. (never beat this game or even got far in it)

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
European n3DS on 11 firmware with complete box/manuals and a copy of Xenoblade Chronicles for $160. Was originally for sale at $170, BUT I got the guy down to $160. Pretty good deal, plus now I had added a 64 gb card and downgraded and a9lh'ed the machine.

7iven8Nine

Shrek's Memelord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got an Xbox 360 for $80 about a year ago and made a 320GB hard drive for it using an old laptop hard drive I had. Works great.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I got Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete completely mint with all the pieces, manual, ect. for 50$ at a used-game store. Last time I got it grade, they offered me about 90$ to 120$
I also got OoT Gold edition complete with manual and box (not perfect, but still compete) for 15$ at a flea market.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Two brand new N3DS XLs for only $0.00. Yep, you read that right. Gratis, free, gratuitement~

I ended up buying a N3DS XL for 190.00 at the beginning of the year. When I got it in the mail, the bottom removable plate was scuffed something terrible. So I thought, well, it's replaceable, but at the same time, I ordered a new product, so I darn well get what I paid for. Cue me talking to Amazon support, to where they send me out a replacement unit, AND are willing to let me systransfer from the "damaged" N3DSXL to the new one. A day later, I'm charged another 200 bucks, and I call them back. The rep I talked to was so sorry for the problem, they comped BOTH system's cost. And that's how I got two hackable 3DSes for absolutely free.

tldr: Amazon is the best

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bought this pristine "Spice" Gamecube, with controller and original Nintendo power and AV cables, in 2013 at a secondhand shop in Yokohama for 1100 yen. That's $11. Yeah. Last summer in Tokyo I added a matching Spice Gameboy Player and a second Spice controller, each of which cost me more than the console itself. I run it on an S-video cable now, and only use it for the Gameboy Player b/c there's Nintendont on the Wii. But before that, I installed a XenoGC, never had to touch the laser pot, and I've never had a read failure on my burns. Definitely my best deal ever. Unless you count my Saturn, which my brother just abandoned in a closet back around '97(?) and I swooped it up.

PqfRXYv.jpg

vufPVBO.jpg

EDIT:: NEWER PICTURE, HAD TO GET IT OFF MY PHONE

r0jNjph.jpg

Last edited by Hanafuda,

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bought this pristine "Spice" Gamecube, with controller and original Nintendo power and AV cables, in 2013 at a secondhand shop in Yokohama for 1100 yen. That's $11. Yeah. Last summer in Tokyo I added a matching Spice Gameboy Player and a second Spice controller, each of which cost me more than the console itself. I run it on an S-video cable now, and only use it for the Gameboy Player b/c there's Nintendont on the Wii. But before that, I installed a XenoGC, never had to touch the laser pot, and I've never had a read failure on my burns. Definitely my best deal ever. Unless you count my Saturn, which my brother just abandoned in a closet back around '97(?) and I swooped it up.

Me wants :3

The best I've probably done is two VirtualBoys, complete with a controller each, charger each, and a number of games including WarioLand, Mario Tennis, Teleroboxer, and some others for free :3
My dad just had them sitting in the attic collecting dust.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/gnXkwfS got this because it shows v draws also