What's the word?

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Lali ho!

Things are pretty sweet right now, save for a few minor issues I'll detail shortly. Today was an especially good day. Here's why.

The manager of the JJB store in town came in today. He's got a supervisor's position open at his store but nobody capable of filling it. And guess who they want? That's right. Me. If you guessed anything else then you're a fool, go forth and be elsewhere.

The thing is, I don't want the promotion right now. Several reasons.

1) There's no pay rise involved. Why do extra work and expend extra money getting to town and back every day for no financial reward?

2) I don't honestly think I'm ready to take on that sort of responsibility yet, at least not at an unfamiliar store. A key part of being a supervisor is knowing your staff. Dumping me in the middle of an unfamiliar environment and demanding that I fix everything is asking a bit much.

3) When a supervisor arrives from nowhere and begins changing everything, you end up with someone like Tony, who's an absolute cunt. I'll be damned if I'm ending up like that arse hole. Or as one of my colleagues so aptly descrived him today, 'a congealing spunk stain on the anus of humanity'. OK, maybe not the best thing to say TO HIS FACE, but it was funny.

So my recommendation was thus. Give Tony the job at the other store, and I'll take his place. This fixes everything in one go. I won't have a tonne of extra work, I'd be better recieved as the new footwear deck supervisor because most of the staff already work with me on the replica section anyway where I'm already the supervisor, and this way that crevice crusuder (the evolved form of the arse licker, you give it a Moon Stone) Tony will be out of the store, thus increasing morale overall. They said it sounds like a good idea and will give it some thought.

So I may have just gotten promoted again, and gotten rid of my nemesis all in one move. Fault that.

In other news,

- My netbook is making an alarming noise. Like a disk spinning at too high a speed. Given that it doesn't have a disk tray that's cause for concern. It only does it once in a while and it doesn't seem to affect functionality, but I'd rather nip any potential problems in the bud, thus preventing me from needing a new netbook and being massively short on buying my 3DS. Ideas what it might be/how to fix it?

- My sort of girlfriend seems to be jealous. One of the other girls I work with was working with me on the Replica department, just cleaning and the like. At the end of the night she thanked me for helping (even though it's my department so technically she was helping me...), kissed me on the cheek and walked out. My sort of girlfriend (I'm not intentionally dating her, it just seems to have happened somehow) was rather upset with this and hasn't been speaking to me all day. Tell me specifically where I went wrong there 'cause I'll be damned if I can figure it out. I'm not even dating anyone, least of all her. So why's she getting all bent out of shape about something that was as much a shock to me as her?

- Having seen the 3DS lineup for Japan's launch on the 26th of next month, I'm not overly impressed. It's by no means a bad list, there's some good gaming to be had there. But it could have been better. The lack of triple A titles like Kid Ikarus, Mario Kart, Zelda and Starfox is a bit of a downer. If the release list is the same for the UK launch (which is when, incidentally? Any ideas yet?) I'll probably get Street Fighter 4, Nintendogs+Cats maybe, and if it's out Dead Or Alive Dimensions, if not probably Ridge Racer. Not my first choices but they'll do for a while I guess.

- Our manager totally blindsided everyone today by announcing that the next pay day should be this Friday instead of next Friday. Sweet. I only have to endure 3 more days of being poor, and I'm only working for two of them. Regretably my usual 'spend it all in one go' policy must be held back in favour of starting my 3DS fund, so I have to be sensible this month. It probably won't happen...it never does. But as soon as I know the UK launch date and price I can start planning more effectively. Best case scenario is that my March paycheck can handle it alone. But best to start saving now, just in case it can't.

- I've almost finished my first batch of reviews to be uploaded to my personal review website, Guiding Light Gaming. I won't be posting links here (or indeed anywhere) until pay day though, as on pay day I'm buying the domain name, at which point all links will become dead anyway because the site address will change. I still need help with that logo idea, by the way. Anyone with any technical talent want to help?

- At least my sort of girlfriend is good for something. Well, she makes me smile. But yesterday one of the other supervisors was giving me a load of crap about something that was nothing to do with me, at which point my sort of girlfriend piped up with 'oh shut up and leave him alone, you butch lesbian'. This was on the shop floor, by the way. In front of customers. Oddly no action was taken. Guess the butch lesbian is also a coward.

Well, that's life at the moment. Mostly good but not entirely. For starters I have chilli in the microwave, even though my brother knows I can't stand chilli. But whatever. The plan is simply to wait til everyone goes to bed then make myself something better. At least until Friday, at which point I'll buy a mini fridge, stock it with cheese and beer, and pretend they don't exist. Until then, toodles!

Blaze.

'You already have a sample of my DNA...all over your mum's tits.' - Ill advised things to say to a policeman. From my new Mock The Week book.

DryYoshi

Love child of Dry Bones and Yoshi
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Bird is the word.
About the 3DS launch titles, just don't buy a launch title and wait.
For me, it depends on which games will be launch titles in Europe/Netherlands.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone who uses the term "epic win" in the first place should have their power of speech taken away from them permanently.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
All sounds great, especially the double reverse on the Supervisor position but........doesn't Guiding Light Gaming sound a tad religious???

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
point_in_glass_case.jpg

Point in case.

End of discussion.

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
xist said:
All sounds great, especially the double reverse on the Supervisor position but........doesn't Guiding Light Gaming sound a tad religious???

Actually the origin of the name is a particularly boring day on the Xbox 360, watching my dumb little brother play yet another of his near indistinguishable games about identi-kit power-armoured space marines with the personality of a tea bag full of urine sloshing about in either grey or brown mud. And I thought to myself 'somebody needs to get this shit back on track'. That was the original idea. Shortly after I was challenged to do better myself so I began work on my own games. OK, since I have a terminal lack of funding and equipment most of them never made it past the script stage as I am a writer at the core, but even then the challengers admitted defeat and recognised that I knew what made games good.

The whole point of the site is that no ammount of fancy hi-def graphics or grey/brown 'realism' can cover up for how utterly wank a game is at the core. The simple fact is that games are supposed to be entertainment, and a lot of them seem to have lost their way in the sea of mediocrity in recent years. So we tend to be a little harsh. Although having said that the entire review team went into Black Ops expecting yet another muddy brown half baked Halo clone, and we all thoroughly enjoyed it. Don't misunderstand, we're not against graphics or anything. We just think a game should be made fun first and pretentious arty bullshit second if there's time.

And no, it's in no way a religious gaming thing, I prefer to put my faith in myself and my friends, not some mystical invisible mcguffin which to me always seemed to be more a control device for the masses rather than a source of any real hope. That and I'm far too busy worrying about how to get through this life right now, I'll deal with any subsequent lives as and when they occur.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
It still sounds religious. When I read that title I imagine it's gonna be a site dedicated to religious games like Left Behind 3: Rise of the Antichrist, not what you say is the actual focus of the site.

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't worry. We might review a religious game if one ever gets enough requests or gains major cult status or something, but to my knowledge every religious themed game in the history of the universe has been weapons grade arse and therefore not worth the time.

I can see your point, but I'm not changing the name. It works for us. Besides, the initial confusion only seems to have hit you, everyone else who's visited the site so far didn't think religion. Mostly about how the site is blatantly free 'cause we can't remove the ads or change the main logo until I buy the domain name on Friday
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA63mm5FnMo&embeds_referring_euri=https%3A%2F%2Flostmediawiki.com...