Hacking What's the worst thing that could happen if i spoof my WiiU fw?

Nekron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
So i'm considering spoofing my fw so i can play online and use loadiine at the same time but some people are saying that it's dangerous and i should not do it.So what could go wrong and should i take the risk?

DarkKaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Not dangerous at all. Just make sure you install the correct title for your console region.
People are probably saying this because the spoof is 'permanent' which means you can not unspoof your console back to 5.3.2 but you can always upgrade the title to anything higher than 5.5.0.
This has been tested and there are no negative side effects whatsoever, it's completely safe.
And if you ever wanted to update your console to 5.5.0 you can still do so but you'll of course lose access to homebrew.

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Not dangerous at all. Just make sure you install the correct title for your console region.
People are probably saying this because the spoof is 'permanent' which means you can not unspoof your console back to 5.3.2 but you can always upgrade the title to anything higher than 5.5.0.
This has been tested and there are no negative side effects whatsoever, it's completely safe.
And if you ever wanted to update your console to 5.5.0 you can still do so but you'll of course lose access to homebrew.
"homebrew"

Reactions: Bubsy Bobcat

Nekron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Thanks i will do it then!

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
So i'm considering spoofing my fw so i can play online and use loadiine at the same time but some people are saying that it's dangerous and i should not do it.So what could go wrong and should i take the risk?

It's not dangerous unless you screw things up yourself. However, it is not irreversible and is a permanent spoof, yet personally I don't like the idea of not having control of it and not having the option to revert back to defaults, if needed.

yahoo

G͝B͢A͜t͞em҉p̡ R̨e͢g̷ul̨aŗ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
... you can always upgrade the title to anything higher than 5.5.0.
I don't see how any of this could have been tested and deemed safe. There isn't anything higher than 5.5.0 to test updating a spoofed system with nor is there any confirmation you can update to the real 5.5.0.

We basically do not know what the consequences are until a new firmware is released and people test updating a spoofed system.

Nekron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Should i just wait until a new fw comes out and update then if it's confirmed safe?Any ideas when a newer fw is coming out?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I don't see how any of this could have been tested and deemed safe. There isn't anything higher than 5.5.0 to test updating a spoofed system with nor is there any confirmation you can update to the real 5.5.0.

We basically do not know what the consequences are until a new firmware is released and people test updating a spoofed system.
pretty sure a few people who had the spoof applied still ended up getting auto updated to real 5.5.0 via automatic updates, also it *could* have been tested by someone updating the version.bin file to 5.4.0, then updating it to 5.5.0 afterwards and seeing that the update still applied fine, basically i genuinely can't think of a reason not to do it short of paranoia that for some bizzare reason there will be some sort of hack that totally depends on your wiiu saying 5.3.2 specifically in system setting

DarkKaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

It's just the way it works. The only thing the spoof actually does is update the 'version' title. The system menu will just show you whatever version is installed. Due to the nature of system updates, you can always upgrade any title but you cannot downgrade. People actually updated to the real 5.5.0 with the 'spoof' installed and it works without any issues other than losing homebrew functionality. As such, there are no negative side effects of spoofing unless you really feel like gimping yourself.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I'd say "being speared through the head by a frozen turdsicle fallen from a 747" but others may disagree.
No I can definitely say this happened to me the moment I put my timer to 15 minutes. Thought that this darn sucks but it is worth

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious