Hacking What's this file?

Saken

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
On my Original R4 with Wood v1.25 enabled, on the root of my SD card there's a file called "sram-20110212024747.sav" and i am wondering what it could be and if it's needed?

Note: I have a folder called "Games" that keeps all my games and save files, so it can not be a save file for a game.

Thanks

Solution
The number obviously is a date (YEAR-MM-DD-HH-MM-SS, so 12 February 2011, 02:47 AM). If you ever see a 14-digit number beginning with the current year it is almost always a time stamp. If you can remember what you were doing at the time, maybe you can figure out what created the file. Also, you can check the "File last edited" property on your PC to check if the number actually is a timestamp (although I'm 99.9% sure it is).
It looks like some kind of save backup (SRAM is the type of save used on GBA games and maybe more, I know the 3-in-1 tool supports SRAM backups) from an emulator.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The number obviously is a date (YEAR-MM-DD-HH-MM-SS, so 12 February 2011, 02:47 AM). If you ever see a 14-digit number beginning with the current year it is almost always a time stamp. If you can remember what you were doing at the time, maybe you can figure out what created the file. Also, you can check the "File last edited" property on your PC to check if the number actually is a timestamp (although I'm 99.9% sure it is).
It looks like some kind of save backup (SRAM is the type of save used on GBA games and maybe more, I know the 3-in-1 tool supports SRAM backups) from an emulator.

Solution

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • AncientBoi
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: