What’s your drink?

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Oooh, I drink so many different things. I don't have a single go-to drink but always decide on the occasion what I want.
It may be some neat scotch, whisky or bourbon. A nice glass of 15 year old El Dorado rum. A good Swedish Gin (Hernö) for either a Gin and Tonic or a Dry Martini.
I have red wine to so many meals, that It's not really a "wind down" drink for me. But It sure is nice to enjoy a glass of Châteauneuf-du-Pape on a hot summer's evening.

Then a glass of Ricard by Pernod, or some Raki. Or why not a glass of absinthe?

You can't go wrong with some Akvavit (schnapps) to some meals... or Punsch (not punch) to a bowl of split pea soup... or Champagne to the New Year's lobster...

Then, you can't watch sport without some fancy beer... I've recently started managing to drink beer without throwing up (not because of taste, I don't know what caused it, one sip = vomiting), so now I'm exploring all different kinds of beers that I can find!
It can be a really strong Stout, a light and fruity lager, a spicy ale, a dunkel, kriek, IPA... :D

So yeah... My go-to drink is all depending on the occasion and what I feel like drinking.

Remember: Drink only what you like and what tastes good. Otherwise there's no point in drinking it!

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Otherwise there's no point in drinking it!
To get waaaaaaaastedddddd.

Of these, I can tell you only Steel Reserve is an actual lager, the rest are malt liquor. Specifically made to get you drunk drown your sorrows.

Try these:
Pinup-Pack.jpg

If you see it, get it--these taste pretty good and have quality ingredients.

trogenator.jpg

This guy will ruin your life. 12% alc. in each bottle.

magichat.jpg

Magic Hat is pretty good. I enjoy all their styles.
04_13_genesee_bock_beer1.jpg

The special edition Genesee cans are pretty good, but super-limited--it's like getting a Classic Nintendo. Seriously.

SweetBabyJesus.jpg

You don't have to get religious to get drunk.

Tastes good and comes with a free glass!

gflxvjnj4rktymx8kpco.jpg

I love the beer purity law.

My drink of choice:
irish-car-bomb2-300x200.jpg

My record is seven, but I also drink the Guinness left over.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
water, sparkling water (with syrup), fruit juice
sometime english breakfast tea.
even more rarely, soda.

I don't drink alcohol, except one glass of cider or champagne for special occasion (Christmas or new year eve)

I don't drink, smoke, drug, go out nor anything else. I'm just boring.

Last edited by Cyan,

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Red wine is my to go beverage when I want to have good time with friends. I've developped the wine taste, and I'll be honest, I really love the taste of wines.

When I just want to get drunk quickly, I usually grab the cheapest malt beverages they sell in grocery stores. Usually almost everyday in fact.

Best things are liquors though. I really do enjoy rum, vodka and whiskey, mostly mixed with sodas or juices. On the ice if I feel fancy drinking whiskey I guess.

RattletraPM

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Pretty much no one drinks asian liquors over here, eh?

As I said in my other post they're not my favourites, but I also like to drink Soju or Sake (rarely tho, they aren't easy to find where I live). I've also tried Makgeolli and I don't hate it, but it's pretty "meh".

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Pretty much no one drinks asian liquors over here, eh?

As I said in my other post they're not my favourites, but I also like to drink Soju or Sake (rarely tho, they aren't easy to find where I live). I've also tried Makgeolli and I don't hate it, but it's pretty "meh".
Pretty sure I said I do and so did a couple others:P

We can only buy what they sell, so if it isn't sake or Kiri Ichiban/Sapporo, it's probably at a store most people can't pronounce.
If you know where to look, you can find everything you want! Also, if you can make your own wine (I can), you can just make your own sake too since the process is quite similar.

Reactions: brickmii82

RattletraPM

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Pretty sure I said I do and so did a couple others:P
Welp, didn't see your post in the first page (as well as Brickmii's) ^^"

Also, if you can make your own wine (I can), you can just make your own sake too since the process is quite similar.
I tried making my own sake quite sometime ago and failed. I've read online that you need to use a specific type of rice but I couldn't find, so I used something else... and it was a mess. :glare:

Reactions: ThoD and brickmii82

brickmii82

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I tried making my own sake quite sometime ago and failed. I've read online that you need to use a specific type of rice but I couldn't find, so I used something else... and it was a mess. :glare:
Couldn’t be any worse than some moonshine I’ve tried lol.

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you know where to look, you can find everything you want! Also, if you can make your own wine (I can), you can just make your own sake too since the process is quite similar.
When I drink wine, I drink the cheapest swill available, and that's usually Manischewitz. I used to drink Yellow Tail and
91da49345e395f4790d41d4a17581bf4--white-wines-rednecks.jpg
, but high levels of sulfite put me off and very few stores know what I mean when I say "Do you carry Redneck wine?"

I really don't drink as much anymore because it got horrible--I was drunk 24/7 for almost two years and spent a small fortune in the process. This is why the industry starts them young.B-)

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

The hard part is finding rice grown using soft water, which is almost exclusive to east Asia, while everywhere else it's hard water. My former Japanese teacher just brings me a few kgs of Japanese rice when she goes to Japan, so that's not a problem for me:P Also, it needs considerably more time to ferment, which can be tricky...

True, moonshine is probably the worst swill you could ever find, it both tastes and smells awful! And let's not forget the greatly heightened chance of going blind or dying from it, especially if badly made! It's not that those hillbillies who distill their own in their chicken coops are retards who do their sisters, that's actually a side effect, they have brain damage from moonshine.

When I drink wine, I drink the cheapest swill available, and that's usually Manischewitz. I used to drink Yellow Tail and
91da49345e395f4790d41d4a17581bf4--white-wines-rednecks.jpg
, but high levels of sulfite put me off and very few stores know what I mean when I say "Do you carry Redneck wine?"

I really don't drink as much anymore because it got horrible--I was drunk 24/7 for almost two years and spent a small fortune in the process. This is why the industry starts them young.B-)
I assume redneck wine refers to moonshine or another similar drink, so read above!:P

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
i drink the strongest vodka i can get locally "Devils Springs" 160 proof 80% alcohol by volume . . . its more alcohol then rubbing alcohol
why even bother with vodka, or anything else.
if you want it strong, isn't it even better to drink it pure? go with 90% or 95% ? (France doesn't have any more. Italy still sell that in supermarket, maybe other countries too)

Last edited by Cyan,

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
why even bother with vodka, or anything else.
if you want it strong, isn't it even better to dring it pure? go with 90% or 95% ?
Then just get one of those rums they had in the 40s which was 99% alcohol and 1% cancer:P

RattletraPM

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The hard part is finding rice grown using soft water, which is almost exclusive to east Asia, while everywhere else it's hard water. My former Japanese teacher just brings me a few kgs of Japanese rice when she goes to Japan, so that's not a problem for me:P Also, it needs considerably more time to ferment, which can be tricky...
Aw, that's a shame. My family makes homebrew beer (and also used to make wine with our own grapes too, but we stopped because harvests became progressively worse as each year passed) and I thought we could try brewing Sake too, but it was already a pain to find the right type of yeast, so I don't think I'll ever be able to find that specific rice...

True, moonshine is probably the worst swill you could ever find, it both tastes and smells awful! And let's not forget the greatly heightened chance of going blind or dying from it, especially if badly made! It's not that those hillbillies who distill their own in their chicken coops are retards who do their sisters, that's actually a side effect, they have brain damage from moonshine.
Here in Italy we have something called "grappa" which many consider to be moonshine because it's made out of winemaking leftovers and, at least in the past, was sometimes illegally made (just like moonshine). It's not my kind of stuff but with all the regulations in place right now you can expect to drink something good, unless you get some roughly made, poor quality, shady stuff that you got from some farmer located in the middle of nowhere, that is.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you want it strong, isn't it even better to drink it pure? go with 90% or 95%
if it were available here i would get that

Then just get one of those rums they had in the 40s which was 99% alcohol and 1% cancer:P
i wish i could . . . aged drinks are (usually) expensive

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    oh man, that always goes great!
    im sure half the responses won't be literal racial slurs or "drop table" jokes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Look, it's China. They know what it's like when you give a poll to half a billion trolls.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much dollar do you think it is?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    ONE MILLION DOLLA
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I know the pricing of electronics nowadays isn't "how much it actually costs" but "how much we can get away with", but putting up a poll is just cynical.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably $150 someone said Anbernic said around the same price as rg556
    you know which game i wish they would rerelease
    sonic unleashed
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make it a happy meal toy
    that game's engine is really fucking intensive so it runs like literal shit on xbox 360 and ps3
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah I'm getting value creep again. I look at a $50 console "but for just a few more dollars you could get XYZ" and I end up considering the Steam Deck.
    +1
    like the lighting in that game was genuinely so good
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not getting dragged into that again.
    i dont get why they didn't port the one game that ran the worst on consoles, to pc
    like you port everything to pc except the one game where it would make the most sense. why. what do you gain from this
    is sega just personally fucking with me? are they laughing while watching me through my kinect camera as i get up to restart my xbox for the third time because the game froze again
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Buy handhelds from five below better quality
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Valve probably going to do another refresh of the deck this fall with rog ally like specs tbh
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    A smaller form factor would be nice too.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A shield portable 2 would be nice aye Nvidia
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    The big leap in all things tech is when carbon based chips start hitting.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Longer battery life cooler temps and faster! What's not to like lol (probably expensive as hell)
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Longer battery life cooler temps and faster! What's not to like lol (probably expensive as hell)