Votes: 15 13.4%

• Total voters

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
It's April 30th and TOTK officially launches in 12 days, we are now in imminent leaking territory. The truth is due to a plethora of hacked switches out there and the ease of dumping carts, the leak is a matter of when not if.

So what is your bet?

Who will leak the game and when?

Personally I think the game will leak 4-5 days before official launch - a bit after the carts start ending up in store inventory. Likely an employee of the store will be the culprit (but we will probably never know)

Share your thoughts below and don't forget to vote
MayTheFourthBeWithYou.png

Reactions: Donnie-Burger

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's April 30th and TOTK officially launches in 12 days, we are now in imminent leaking territory. The truth is due to a plethora of hacked switches out there and the ease of dumping carts, the leak is a matter of when not if.

So what is your bet?

Who will leak the game and when?

Personally I think the game will leak 4-5 days before official launch - a bit after the carts start ending up in store inventory. Likely an employee of the store will be the culprit (but we will probably never know)

Share your thoughts below and don't forget to vote

Monday shipment from 2 day shipping embargo

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What switch would you use to dump it

Best case scenario

Buy old switch on eBay with cash
Dump game with hacked switch
Then steps as above
The dumping software is open source homebrew and wouldn't save any identifying features of the Switch when dumping from cart (I believe identifying info can be removed when dumping digital games too). But yeah why not go full paranoia for this hypothetical.

I voted for a week early, seems to be the popular choice.

• Love
Reactions: Xzi and impeeza

Tomato123

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The dumping software is open source homebrew and wouldn't save any identifying features of the Switch when dumping from cart (I believe identifying info can be removed when dumping digital games too). But yeah why not go full paranoia for this hypothetical.

I voted for a week early, seems to be the popular choice.
About 1 week early is the most common time period for big releases like this. I think the reason was that it's when retailers actually get the shipments with the games and it only takes 1 to break the street date.

Reactions: hippy dave

6adget

GBAtemp's official atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About 30 years ago I worked at toys r us. during Christmas. God that was a shitty job. The guys that worked on the loading dock would take a game or two and drop them between the trailer and the dock. during their lunch break they would get them and toss them in their car. everything was on tape. After that they shipped all video games in rolling cages with a security band like what tractor trailers are required to have in the US. It stopped the missing games issue right away. I'm sure they have better methods now days, but I still wouldn't be surprised to see it in the wild any day now.

Reactions: StrayGuitarist

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
About 30 years ago I worked at toys r us. during Christmas. God that was a shitty job. The guys that worked on the loading dock would take a game or two and drop them between the trailer and the dock. during their lunch break they would get them and toss them in their car. everything was on tape. After that they shipped all video games in rolling cages with a security band like what tractor trailers are required to have in the US. It stopped the missing games issue right away. I'm sure they have better methods now days, but I still wouldn't be surprised to see it in the wild any day now.
it is already in the wild...
...just need someone who has it to dump the rom and upload it...

• Haha
Reactions: impeeza

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What scares me is, there will be a day one patch, that has to be online to activate, kinda like Disney Speedstorm. Bad news for us pirates!

• Haha
Reactions: impeeza

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What scares me is, there will be a day one patch, that has to be online to activate, kinda like Disney Speedstorm. Bad news for us pirates!
as mentionned before, if it's the cartridge dump, then it would probably not require any patch to work
People who dont have internet (over half of the world) would be stuck, having a game they paid for but cant play with

6adget

GBAtemp's official atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it is already in the wild...
...just need someone who has it to dump the rom and upload it...
I meant "out in the world" as in, it's been dumped and ready to download it. I'm sure that's what you thought I meant too. Just like I'm sure you really didn't mean ROM.

Tomato123

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I meant "out in the world" as in, it's been dumped and ready to download it. I'm sure that's what you thought I meant too. Just like I'm sure you really didn't mean ROM.
Someone outside of Nintendo and not under NDA has it. But it's only based on pictures and auctions on a website where multiple copies have showed up and almost immediately sold. So could be fake/scams but who knows.

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
If I had the game early, sure, I will leak it but not tell anyone that it was me. I'd go under an anonymous account and post it, with a new e-mail address that is not Proton Mail.
I'd leak it but only credit myself as a blocky calico from the streets. Most people wouldn't know what that means, but if you know me, you;d know.

• Haha
Reactions: SylverReZ

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'd leak it but only credit myself as a blocky calico from the streets. Most people wouldn't know what that means, but if you know me, you;d know.
Personally, I wouldn't "leak" it myself
I would dump it but I would do like you all said, go through fake email, vpn, etc, to actually give it to someone else who has a bit of credibility in rom leaking
This person probably has less chance to be caught by law

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
as mentionned before, if it's the cartridge dump, then it would probably not require any patch to work
People who dont have internet (over half of the world) would be stuck, having a game they paid for but cant play with
that will give a Shit to big N, do you remember the first Wii batch, comes with out Firmware and hundred of child couldn't play on Christmas because internet get down on some areas...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: balls