PS1/2 When I launch OPL I get a black screen, with varrying results.

petethepug

PUG
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if I installed this wrong or if I'm missing a few extra steps but whenever I go to install my game backups they never work properly, and I get a black screen.

The games I have tested so far are; Twisted Metal Extra Twisted Edition (it starts with a black screen however it loads green text??? If I press X or any other inputs it vanishes and I get a black screen.) MGS2 Sons of Liberty (Just completely black screen.) Here's what I have tried doing so far;
- Tried re-installing OPL with the official version found on PSX Place (I originally installed iflacos)
- Adding Mode 6 & Mode 2 to both games. Still get the same results
- Not using the VMC Feature (virtual memory card)
- Using the vanilla version of OPL (Not using VMC, or any added features, still get same results.)

I also turned off Fastboot while I was doing this and I installed this in:
"mc0"/"OPL" (Folder I made)/ELF File
Is it supposed to be in a certain directly with certain files or am I missing a step completely >_>. The menu works fine its just booting games so far is the problem.

petethepug

PUG
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It turns out I did everything right but I had a bad dump of MGS2, I backed it up again using my PC and didn't have any problems.
For the record; use ImgBurn and avoid HD Loader much as possible for backing up your games unless you find it tedious to take and install a game to your HDD.

Reactions: DJPlace

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot