Hacking Question When will a free XCI Backup Loader be released?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 45,244
  • Replies 352
  • Likes 6

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Well when you said you would rather do NSP then I sort of assumed you meant it isn't worth it.
Yes it takes way more time. And doing the FTP thing is far more effective so you don't need to use Double the space.
It does not take way more time. It may take more time if you do it the old way. Put it on SD and install, but it is only the install part which takes the extra time. And that one depends on your SD card.
But unless you have the game NSP in a different location form the DLC/Update the the senseless Data Management of Switch's System Settings deleted ALL of it, not just one or the other sadly. What I do is download the Update/DLC onto the system memory so I won't NEED to delete it. All of the games, which at some point I will delete (Because change up when new games come around) and not need to do anything else but move the game back to the SD card when I want to play it. Clean and easy AND still have the DLC and Updates without installing anything else. all for one extra button?
Can't argue with that, because that is a personal experience. I usually play games and once I am done with it, I uninstall it, because I have all the NSPs backed up, so I can reinstall them any time I want. That's also why I have so much space for on SD.
(Mounting) I appreciate it is cool to have an application you just run but when it comes to me, and the new game is IN MY HANDS but can't play it because I'm waiting for it to move THEN I AM WAITING FOR IT TO INSTALL? Get out of here. It reminds me of back in the old days I would buy a game from the store and I couldn't wait to come home to play a game and I would throw it in so quickly so I could play it. I watch to play it as fast as possible. XD And again, I delete my games a lot. So I like to have the games I want when I want them.
No please no, not this argument again. If you can't wait for something to install, you might don't want to wait for it to even download, so you should just buy it physically instead. Seriously, worst argument ever.
I am unaware of any homebrew that allows you to delete NSPs and Updates individually.
Devmenu, closed source tinfoil (DZ).

Last edited by Kubas_inko,
Reactions: SaffronXL

_DrBecks_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It’s true! A installed NSP is faster than XCI, and not only with CFW. The Cartridge-Loading is slower than a installed title in system-memory

Grmmish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No please no, not this argument again. If you can't wait for something to install, you might don't want to wait for it to even download, so you should just buy it physically instead. Seriously, worst argument ever.

Devmenu, closed source tinfoil (DZ).

This isn't hard to understand. If you had A CHOICE to wait a year for a game or just get it now, what would be your choice? In this case I have a choice and I made my decision based on the incentive.

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
This isn't hard to understand. If you had A CHOICE to wait a year for a game or just get it now, what would be your choice? In this case I have a choice and I made my decision based on the incentive.
You still have to wait no matter what. It's just a stupid argument. If you want to play it so much, buy it because you probably can't wait for the download.

Grmmish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You still have to wait no matter what. It's just a stupid argument. If you want to play it so much, buy it because you probably can't wait for the download.

LOL it isn't a stupid argument. Obviously we have to wait in SOME way. There are loading screens. Going to the store, etc. But I think you miss the point with what we CHOOSE to wait for. Why would I walk 3 miles to the store when I can get on my bike and get there faster? What is there to be gained? My point is I can wait a million years if I had to... But I don't have to so why would I? There's no incentive of this "Extra" waiting, while obviously the base waiting is not something someone can control.

But anyways, this is off topic, proceed, proceed. LOL

Masamune3210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats a totally different thing, that takes the xci and installs the nca and related things just like a nsp would. The major point behind most people wanting to use xci is less of a trace of weirdness on the system to lead to a ban.

Reactions: tiesio

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats a totally different thing, that takes the xci and installs the nca and related things just like a nsp would. The major point behind most people wanting to use xci is less of a trace of weirdness on the system to lead to a ban.
Also the ability to customize xci's turning them into a complete game package with updates/dlc via NSCBuilder without the need of installing nsp files on our sd cards. The wanting is more than just a precaution of a ban now.

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Also the ability to customize xci's turning them into a complete game package with updates/dlc via NSCBuilder without the need of installing nsp files on our sd cards. The wanting is more than just a precaution of a ban now.
If new DLC comes, you still have to install it or replace the whole XCI.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If new DLC comes, you still have to install it or replace the whole XCI.
The best way to handle that is to wait when the game has all DLC released before creating our own Deluxe edition. Before that happens then installing nsp dlc/updates is more convenient.

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
The best way to handle that is to wait when the game has all DLC released before creating our own Deluxe edition. Before that happens then installing nsp dlc/updates is more convenient.
How is replacing already installed game (XCI with everything for NSP with everything) more convenient than leaving it already installed then?

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is replacing already installed game (XCI with everything for NSP with everything) more convenient than leaving it already installed then?
You read my comment wrong. "Installing nsp dlc/updates to an sd card is more convenient than repacking an xci every time theres new content still being released". Thats why I stated its best to wait when the game stops getting support to create a full game packaged xci containing all content. Also the user can then delete all the updates/dlc of the said game off the sd card to regain some space if mounted on an external HDD.

Last edited by MasterJ360,

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
You read my comment wrong. "Installing nsp dlc/updates to an sd card is more convenient than repacking an xci every time theres new content still being released". Thats why I stated its best to wait when the game stops getting support to create a full game packaged xci containing all content. Also the user can then delete all the updates/dlc of the said game off the sd card to regain some space if mounted on an external HDD.
Yes, but who is willing to wait while not going to play it? By the time you wait for the whole XCI, you probably already have the game as nsps with all dlcs and updates (that's what I meant).

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but who is willing to wait while not going to play it? By the time you wait for the whole XCI, you probably already have the game as nsps with all dlcs and updates (that's what I meant).

You'll be surprised how many of us rather have a full game xci. And honestly most Switch games have ended their DLC support to make this approachable. I have bought Xeno2, BOTW, & Fire Emblem Warriors carts including their season pass, but it didn't stop me from building a custom xci with all their DLC intact. Might seem unnecessary to you, but it has its perks including reducing storage space deleting content on sd card thats already packed in the xci and I don't have to switch out my physical carts ofc. Oh btw if they ever decide to install the custom xci they wont have to worry about re installing any dlc b/c its already there within the xci. There are sites out there that have custom pre made xci saving us the trouble looking for individual nsp files as well:)

Im not saying they shouldn't play the game by waiting its support to end, Im saying thats the best time to build an xci with all dlc.

Last edited by MasterJ360, , Reason: can't spell

Rune

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There's nothing wrong with building an XCI, and then building another one later with the new DLC. The perks of using XCIs are good enough to have to rebuild the files again in the future.

Reactions: ganons

TPMJB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll be surprised how many of us rather have a full game xci. And honestly most Switch games have ended their DLC support to make this approachable. I have bought Xeno2, BOTW, & Fire Emblem Warriors carts including their season pass, but it didn't stop me from building a custom xci with all their DLC intact. Might seem unnecessary to you, but it has its perks including reducing storage space deleting content on sd card thats already packed in the xci and I don't have to switch out my physical carts ofc. Oh btw if they ever decide to install the custom xci they wont have to worry about re installing any dlc b/c its already there within the xci. There are sites out there that have custom pre made xci saving us the trouble looking for individual nsp files as well:)

Im not saying they shouldn't play the game by waiting its support to end, Im saying thats the best time to build an xci with all dlc.
Custom XCIs don't carry a greater risk of ban? I have all those games but don't download the DLC

I imagine if I didn't pay for the DLC it would, though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I want my money back... Drug test? No drugs to test but they want me to pee in a cup! Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Better call Pedro you're up in smoke
    +2
  • C @ Clayton44333:
    hey any1 know if there is a new version of the ps4 homebrew store ?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Finally there are people here
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We're figments of your imagination
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: We're figments of your imagination +1