Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
When it comes to commercial, retail, boxed, Nintendo-approved releases... GBA died November 2006 in Japan with none other than Final Fantasy VI Advance.

It's still been able to hold on in EU/US, having a trickle of games. Crash and Spyro might be the last fairly interesting ones. Not sure yet.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
When it comes to commercial, retail, boxed, Nintendo-approved releases... GBA died November 2006 in Japan with none other than Final Fantasy VI Advance.

It's still been able to hold on in EU/US, having a trickle of games. Crash and Spyro might be the last fairly interesting ones. Not sure yet.
Yeah, Spyro is really good. I think it will be the last good GBA game...

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just down in Florida at Disney World, and it was amazing how many kids had gba sp with them. That is the only hand held I even saw kids had at all "none others". even in the airport they were all over.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Well... Look at the release calenders. It's now "dead" in Europe, no more new retail boxed games there. Hamsterz Life 2 might still be coming to the US. There's also The Bee Game if it's not cancelled.
No more games being released, that's true, but there's still a huge library of games worth playing (and there always will be), and it will be a shame if future generations only play them on the "half-assed-GBA-support" DS Lites and emulators.

Come to think of it, a "SNES portable" has potential
happy.gif

Dead Ghost

Trophies
XP
Country
Let's see:

2785 Barbie as the Island Princess
2784 SpongeBobs Atlantis SquarePantis
2783 Nicktoons: Attack of the Toybots
2782 Four Pack Racing

Yup, it's dead allright...
frown.gif

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Meh. Half the games for the DS can be ported to GBA, and it would look better, because sprite-graphics side-scrollers look better than the half-assed half-forced 3D engine that is for some reason "required" from all DS games, because "3D is all the rage these days". And any portable console has to compete with PSP for some reason.

Yes, I played Spyro: Eternal Night on both DS and GBA, and it's so much better on the GBA.

There's a lesson to be learned there, if only publishers could be bothered to learn it.

dexmix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spyro freaking rocks. just beat spyro yesterday, and took the time to go back and find all the abilities.

i also did a 23hit combo to open the last door in the practice room. does anyone know the combo-s for this game? i can't find any on line - and i can only do a 20 hit consistently. I still have to go through the game on hard mode, and see what else gets unlocked. (please no spoilers)

TMNT, Scurge, Polarium - were all better on the GBA. advance wars, megaman zx, and the castelvanias should all have been released on GBA.

also whats the point of an SNES portable... the GBA is superior in every way except maybe sound. I just wish more games were ported to GBA from SNES... and the Earthworm Jim port was soooo crappy those guys should burn for ruining such a great game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    btw gonna wash my face in a bit, my eyes feel tired
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and you convince your owner to help you break out of the virtual world to real world
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Eyes - "yawn"
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you bleack in to goverment computer systems to get cyborg schematics so you can get a robot body constructed
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    btw @BigOnYa the health bar doesnt decrease when i take damage (and yes i put the "at the beggining of the scene change value of greenflatbar: set to Protagonistcopmode.Health::Health())
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    i the protagonist
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    human, robot, cyborg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    human with cyborg enhancements
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or like terminatior
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    with living tissue
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty there is health behaviour you can add to your character, then to use a health bar is lil more complicated, google n watch a few tutorial video on it, be too hard to explain here.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, the character has the health behavior
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I know you have to create a health and health max variable. Then there is a calculation you use in code to subtract width size of the health bar. Google few vids.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, the "greenflatbar" is one of the preset health bars btw
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you can use any bar/sprite. It will just change the width. Ok good luck and have fun. I'm off to go shoot some pool at the bar. Talk to you later.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why does the health behavior exist if you can just use a variable?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and nope the number still doesnt change
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ok im gonna make my own asset
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm i think i fixed it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I fixed it
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    how are you\
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: