OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi dudes,

I'm a newbie for switch hacking.

I read that I had to have a Switch version 1.0.0 to jailbreak it.

But if I buy a new switch on the internet, will she be in version 1.0.0 please ?

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
No you don't, jailbreak isn't the right name for it. If you just want homebrew. Get a hold of a 3.0 switch. If you want access to CFW first, get a hold of 1.0.0 switch. Else the Nvhacks works for 1.0 to 4.X at the moment. But they haven't been released.

Thomas91

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
No you don't, jailbreak isn't the right name for it. If you just want homebrew. Get a hold of a 3.0 switch. If you want access to CFW first, get a hold of 1.0.0 switch. Else the Nvhacks works for 1.0 to 4.X at the moment. But they haven't been released.

Thanks. But I believed that it was possible to play free games on the switch like the PS4, WiiU, PS3, and more.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thanks. But I believed that it was possible to play free games on the switch like the PS4, WiiU, PS3, and more.
Possible, yes. But available at the moment? No.
Hi dudes,

I'm a newbie for switch hacking.

I read that I had to have a Switch version 1.0.0 to jailbreak it.

But if I buy a new switch on the internet, will she be in version 1.0.0 please ?
3.0 is just as good as 1.0 AFAIK. 3.0.1+ have been hacked as well but require new exploits which haven't been patched yet and likely won't be released until they are. So users on 1.0-3.0 will get CFW first.

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic

3.0 is just as good as 1.0 AFAIK. 3.0.1+ have been hacked as well but require new exploits which haven't been patched yet and likely won't be released until they are. So users on 1.0-3.0 will get CFW first.
Ahm ahm... 1.0.0 will be first... ahm ahm ;)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It does. @SciresM said 1.0.0 is a matter of weeks while 3.0 is still months away so getting a console on 1.0 for a reasonable price is still the favorable approch
IIRC that was before all of this trustzonehax stuff happened and "a matter of weeks" has since passed. He also said trustzonehax for 2.x/3.x will be released once there is CFW available. So it seems all that's holding back 2.x/3.x users right now is a CFW release.

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm, Ive been interested in getting a secondary switch that was on 1.0.0 or 3.0.0 but I have not found anything that wasn't being inflated by people that have no idea what it is that makes them important lol
"I heard this switch is a very much needed switch for hacks! Give me 3k for it!" Not even in their best dreams would I pay that much lol
If anyone doesn't want their switch and its on lower fw and you arent going to charge INSANE for it pm me lol

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

1.0.0 is still better.
Edit: check the chart on https://switch.hacks.guide

Last edited by APartOfMe,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one