Hardware Where is Ps3 console batteries?

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's ... Most power-downs here has been for 5-10 seconds at most. It's just about.. saving the ps3 durning this time. So yeah, Its not for taking my ps3 to a hiking tour .. just survive the power down timeouts .
Then that's fine. Don't expect affordable UPS can keep the power on for more than 20 minutes.

Reactions: Foxi4

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It's ... Most power-downs here has been for 5-10 seconds at most. It's just about.. saving the ps3 durning this time. So yeah, Its not for taking my ps3 to a hiking tour .. just survive the power down timeouts .
Ah, well then a UPS will work just nicely - I thought you'll need it to keep the system on for an hour straight.
10 seconds is all I need baby, like with the boys :)
:wtf:

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im not kidding, im looking for a battery charged solution for ps3 consoles.

Why? in my area there is house renovations ongoing . Sometimes they cut the power without any warnings or ways to stop it. I seen numberous threads about How users Ps3 got fried or damaged when a power off was done during installation of games n pkg files on the media . I just about two days ago installed Brotherhood and it was 10 gb approx 30-45 min to complete installation , and i was so afraid . As if this workers just cuts the power while installing thats it..

So i wish too know of battery solutions for a Ps3 console .
Anyone?~

You could use a UPS like one would put on a computer. When I upgraded the UPS I use for my main PC, I put the old one to handle the consoles because it was still in serviceable condition, and had just enough outlets to cover all the devices with hard drives in or attached to them.

Sadly, the higher capacity you get for one, the more the price shoots up. BUt you want the capacity to handle the power drain. I know once it gets north of 1000VA, the price starts to rise pretty firmly; above 2000 VA, it gets ridiculous (to the point where you're paying more than $100/100 VA increase, or expected to set up a rack mount cabinet as well). Make sure you get one that is capable of generating pure sine wave power, and you'll effectively replace the functionality of those high-end surge suppressors sold at upscale electronic stores while you're at it. Clean power makes everything nicer. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, srsly?