Where to start

Gertok

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi everybody.

So, my wii already has homebrew app. I used to play it back in 2010 or something like that, but dont know anything about what was done to the console back then.

I want to install emulators and to upload the CFG Usb Loader. My issues:
- this wii was hacked with an external HD, This HD has the games, but it doent open in any of my pcs (it asks to format). I dont know if i can format or not.
- this wii was hacked without any SD card. It seems that the homebrew and cfg were downloaded directly on the console (if this is even possible). I dont know how to update these programs. All the tutorials that i found are based on using a SD Card on the wii.

I've used the wII without the HD and everything is going ok, so i think the hd really have just the games files.
The version of the wii is 4.3U and the version of the homebrew app is 1.1.0.

So, where do i start? :wacko: Thank you!

r1vver

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
How to convert from WBFS to FAT32 using wbfs2fat.py - to convert disk from WBFS to FAT32 (FAT32 is the modern conventional way of using the disks).
FAT32 is Windows (and Linux, etc. and so on) readable and writeable.
Wii backup Manager for Windows - for more reliable copying of games to disks. Also able to read/write old-fashioned WBFS disks.
ModMii to update system into modern state (HBC, cIOSes, etc. and so on (almost everything and anything)). This is where the Syscheck utility comes in handy.
USB-Loader GX Troubleshooting guide. A lot of general useful information, it's not only about USB Loader GX.

It's still better to get an SD card. It should not be huge, a couple of GB is enough (since there is already a USB-HDD). Some things just won't work without it.

Reactions: jeannotte and XFlak

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Use modmii, you can rehack your wii as if it were a virgin, even if not true. It may have u reinstall things u already have installed but not an issue

Or u can run modmii's syscheck updater wizard. Run syscheck https://gbatemp.net/threads/posting-a-system-check.300279/

Then drag and drop your syscheck.csv onto modmii.exe and it will tell you what to do

The end result of both the main Modmii Wizard and syscheck wizard are for the most part the same

The main wizard includes a usbloader set up component. If u said no to this, or used the syscheck updater wizard, u can run modmii's usbloader set up wizard.

You currently have your hard drive formatted as WBFS, but fat32 is preferred/recommended. Modmii's usbloader setup steps will tell you how to format the drive as fat32 and other options. But before formatting u can use wii backup manager to read your wbfs hdd on windows and backup its content before reformatting it to fat32.

There's a tool to wbfs to fat, aptly called wbfs2fat, but it's not 100% guaranteed so you may want to back up first regardless.

Directions on all this stuff are provided by modmii in customized guides based on your inputs.
Modmii.github.io

Reactions: jeannotte

Gertok

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Tks for the answers guys. So, now my HD is on fat32, i used the wii bmanager to format. Then i used modmii with syscheck in the way you suggested, but the apps downloaded wont appear on my homebrew. I checked with another usb i have here and it worked, but with the hard drive there's no way. Any suggetions?

r1vver

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
It only means that you are definitely doing something wrong.
At the same time, you give too little information, and the telepaths are all on vacation.
Re-read thoughtfully the instructions, especially the USB-Loader GX Troubleshooting guide and draw some conclusions for yourself.
Also, HBC has its own settings.

Gertok

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It only means that you are definitely doing something wrong.
At the same time, you give too little information, and the telepaths are all on vacation.
Re-read thoughtfully the instructions, especially the USB-Loader GX Troubleshooting guide and draw some conclusions for yourself.
Also, HBC has its own settings.
Yep, im totally noob on the matter. I dont know even the information that I should give you :( Tks for your answer anyway.
Post automatically merged:

Make sure it's MBR and fat32 as per the modmii usb loader set up guide

Also make sure you're plugged into port 0
It seems that it was a problem with the cluster size on the HD. Now it worked and im using modmii guide to do everything. Im amazed how easy it is to use this app - even I managed it :rofl: Thank you, man!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only thing you catch are STDs. +1