Which FFT to play on my PSP?

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So my PSP is able to play 3 Final Fantasy Tactics games and I'm wondering which one I should play (first?). Is there any connection between the 3 games storywise?
And which one has the fastest pace? I hate games and battles that progress too fast.

I'm playing Jeanne D'arc at the moment and it's pretty fun. I don't get the skills and the spirits so far but I think I'll ge the hang of it soon enough.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Which 3 are you referring to? There's no reason to play the original PSX FFT when there's the enhanced port of War of the Lions. And compared to Jeanne D'Arc Final Fantasy Tactics War of the Lions is like nuclear physics so i'd recommend you get comfortable with the SRPG system.

And fast paced SRPG's? Given they're turn based can you clarify?

Apex

Trophies
XP
Country
xist said:
Which 3 are you referring to? There's no reason to play the original PSX FFT when there's the enhanced port of War of the Lions.

There is a real bad frame rate problem on the War of the Lions though, that and the only real enhancement was adding one job (Dark Knight, which technically you can be in the PSX one anyways.) and putting in a cameo from a Final Fantasy XII character. PSX through POPS might run better, but to be honest I'm under the impression he thinks they are different games anyways.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Saying that the frame rate is a problem, and it actually being a problem are two different matters. I've just finished another playthrough of WOTL and the slowdown is so negligible that it's almost non-existent and unlikely to be noticed by anyone who's never played the PSX release.

Additionally the new superior translation, glitch fixes and additional battle scenario's and characters, plus of course the new Onion Knight and Dark Knight jobs and multiplayer modes, makes WOTL the definitive version (excluding all the user created patches like LFT)

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
xist said:
Which 3 are you referring to? There's no reason to play the original PSX FFT when there's the enhanced port of War of the Lions. And compared to Jeanne D'Arc Final Fantasy Tactics War of the Lions is like nuclear physics so i'd recommend you get comfortable with the SRPG system.

I based this topic off of a quick GameRankings search which learned me that there are 3 FFT games available for me:

- Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions (PSP)
- Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (GBA)
- Final Fantasy Tactics (PSX)

I remember about 5 years ago I played the FFTA version because some guy recommended it to me. I really like Fire Emblem, no, I love those games. They absolutely rule. Somebody recommended I should play FFTA too. I gave it a try and I liked the general feel of it, but the jobs system was never really explained and I felt lost. It was too much at the same time, and no explanation was really given.

LeahLuvsYou

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I love FFTA and WOTL. Honestly, just play both, I'm sure you'll love them. And I played them each to death so if you have any questions on the job system or otherwise I'd be happy to help.
smile.gif

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
If you want to hit the original, play War of the Lions. It is pretty spectacular, and the slowdown that people complain about is not that bad. I couldn't get into it myself, but I'm not big on these tactical RPG's. If you want to try it again, FFTA should be fine to play. If you have a DS, FFTA2 is pretty awesome. I was actually able to get into and play that game for awhile. I didn't beat it, but I certainly played the hell out of it.

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Satangel said:
xist said:

I based this topic off of a quick GameRankings search which learned me that there are 3 FFT games available for me:

I remember about 5 years ago I played the FFTA version because some guy recommended it to me. I really like Fire Emblem, no, I love those games. They absolutely rule. Somebody recommended I should play FFTA too. I gave it a try and I liked the general feel of it, but the jobs system was never really explained and I felt lost. It was too much at the same time, and no explanation was really given.

As already stated. Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions is the same as the Final Fantasy Tactics. It's not really a separate game. WoTL is an enhanced version of the PSX game. It includes so much that you might as well play that version. So really, you only have two games to play. I'd recommend WoTL over Advance.

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Jiggah said:
Satangel said:
xist said:

As already stated. Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions is the same as the Final Fantasy Tactics. It's not really a separate game. WoTL is an enhanced version of the PSX game. It includes so much that you might as well play that version. So really, you only have two games to play. I'd recommend WoTL over Advance.
Splendid, I'll try that game when I'm done with Jeanne D'arc. Now that is a good game, very enjoyable and takes a good amount of time to complete.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Y9WKPRUjNQ4?si=raUf8jEiET8rmH2P