Gaming Which game will secure your purchase?

What will secure a purchase from you

• New Mario

Votes: 76 40.6%
  • Breath of the wild

Votes: 85 45.5%
  • New 2d zelda like A link between worlds

Votes: 33 17.6%
  • Skyrim

Votes: 36 19.3%
  • Cod and other bro games

Votes: 8 4.3%
  • Smash/ Mario Kart

Votes: 65 34.8%
  • Pokemon gen 4 remake

Votes: 44 23.5%
  • Party games

Votes: 10 5.3%
  • Some third party AAA

Votes: 43 23.0%
  • New Metroid

Votes: 67 35.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 9 4.8%

• Total voters
S

Saiyan Lusitano

Skyrim HD hasn't even come out yet. And I think that Mass Attack and Canvus Curse were great games.
360, PS3 and PC. The current-gen version is not out yet but most of those hyped to play it already played it before.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
360, PS3 and PC. The current-gen version is not out yet but most of those hyped to play it already played it before.
The current gen version actually came out yesterday, I've bought it already despite having it for 360 and PC (XB1 version, mainly for the missus)
Skyrim was an odd choice for show anyway if you ask me - why take [the HD version of] a 5 year old game, that frankly plays very similar to the new Zelda game you've just piggin' shown a few seconds earlier, as if it means as much to your fans as that game does?? I'm a massive Elder Scrolls fan, but having an old-ish entry almost overshadow your flagship Zelda was round the bend if you ask me.....
Suppose it's big news if only to show that Bethesda are on board - perhaps Fallout 4 would've been a better choice title though..?

Boured

A Dusk Lycanroc who cares a lot about people.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Definitely a new Metroid game, as well as a Pokemon game and hopefully even a PMD game for the Switch.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon on the Switch.....so glorious.

Reactions: Webbmaster1900

Shadowrun97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
The current gen version actually came out yesterday, I've bought it already despite having it for 360 and PC (XB1 version, mainly for the missus)
Skyrim was an odd choice for show anyway if you ask me - why take [the HD version of] a 5 year old game, that frankly plays very similar to the new Zelda game you've just piggin' shown a few seconds earlier, as if it means as much to your fans as that game does?? I'm a massive Elder Scrolls fan, but having an old-ish entry almost overshadow your flagship Zelda was round the bend if you ask me.....
Suppose it's big news if only to show that Bethesda are on board - perhaps Fallout 4 would've been a better choice title though..?

In my opinion Bethesda, CD Project and Rockstar have the best company philosophy in the gaming industry. They rely on quality instead of mass production like Ubisoft, EA and so on. Skyrim is one of these few evergreens and it's impressive that they're (hopefully) able to port this jewel onto a "handheld". I think the message of Nintendo is not just: "Hey, we've 3rd party support" (then they could show FIFA17 or stuff like that) but also "Switch has the power to manage this huge game." Yes, for a pure home console this would be nothing special but for a handheld it's impressive. With a brand new 3rd party game they would not be able to transport this message in that way. I had also preferred to see Witcher 3 or GTAV in the trailer ...but they've chosen Bethesda and if they currently have no Elder Scrolls 6 in their backhand because they're focusing on Skyrim SE ...they've shown Skyrim SE.

And about the comparison of Zelda and Skyrim: For me Skyrim looks way more next gen than Zelda even if it's 5 years old. It also has the deeper gameplay, the bigger map and dungeons (just guessing) and it is completely synchronized. Yes, Zelda is another genre and has an own style but (for me) it's not impressive - Neither in the trailer, nor for a "Next Gen console" in general.

People are also buying their favorite movies on VHS, DVD, BluRay because they can enjoy it in another way again and again. Skyrim is such a classic/milestone and the fans will buy this game + NS to experience it in a new way (on the go). It was a good choice by Nintendo and Bethesda.

Last edited by Shadowrun97,

Rena

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aah I haven't played a Metroid game in a long time, I think it would be best for me to probably jump back into it.

Rena

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to see some splatoon also, it is actually the only reason why I bought the Wii U. But seeing Switch made me regret buying it hahah.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
http://reinerziegler.de/GBA/gba.htm and the links there are about as good as it gets right now, which is to say while you can make something pretty decent for the GBC by following a guide there is nothing you can do here that will get you something even really to play a single game at a time and save and all that.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It really depends.
For me, a console must have more than 3 titles which I'm interested in order to buy it.
It might be a new Mario, new Zelda (not BofW) and a new Metroid.
If those three are made, I will surely buy it, either that or until someone shows some heads-up about the console getting hacked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with... +2