Gaming Which game will secure your purchase?

What will secure a purchase from you

• New Mario

Votes: 76 40.6%
  • Breath of the wild

Votes: 85 45.5%
  • New 2d zelda like A link between worlds

Votes: 33 17.6%
  • Skyrim

Votes: 36 19.3%
  • Cod and other bro games

Votes: 8 4.3%
  • Smash/ Mario Kart

Votes: 65 34.8%
  • Pokemon gen 4 remake

Votes: 44 23.5%
  • Party games

Votes: 10 5.3%
  • Some third party AAA

Votes: 43 23.0%
  • New Metroid

Votes: 67 35.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 9 4.8%

• Total voters

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No one game will ensure a purchase. Maybe I would think about getting one on the cheap if a really good advance wars hit but I am not expecting that. To that end it is going to have to be a library of games worth having, preferably with third party titles.

A stable and reliable firmware hack :tpi:
I would have questioned whether that was a game but given the fanboys and flamewars over the different hacks here have been the equal of fifa vs pes or cod vs battlefield or street fighter and mortal kombat.

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys its not even confirmed Skyrim is coming out to Switch. They just did it because Nintendo wanted it in the trailer. BTW I want Super Smash and Mario Kart definitely.

Last edited by Zero72463,

Shadowrun97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
Guys its not even confirmed Skyrim is coming out to Switch. Bethesda stated themselves it will most likely not happen. They just did it because Nintendo wanted it in the trailer. BTW I want Super Smash and Mario Kart definitely.

They didn't say that "it will most likely not happen". They've just said that they won't talk about their projects for NS at the moment. Because they don't negate a release.

Yesterday they've released Skyrim SE for PC, PS4 and ONE - A NS announcement would hurt their (Christmas) sales. And that's true because I would buy Skyrim SE instantly for PC but I'll wait for the NS version now.

Another thought: They've shown Skyrim at so many times in the NS trailer, so this is another message than just: "We've 3rd party support." Do your think Bethesda would risk to ruin their reputation? And if they would not plan to bring Skyrim to NS, they would clearly say: "No, it's not coming" because they've nothing of the rumors (On the contrary: The rumors hurt their sales - like my purchase). But they can't negate the rumors because they're true. Skyrim is coming for NS!

It's the same thing when Nintendo has said: "The NX will not supersede the WiiU" (this was end 2015/early 2016) and now they've said: "The Switch will not supersede the 3DS." Do you really belive in this? :D We still have 5 months until the Switch comes ...Nintendo would lose billions if they say anything else (same for Bethesda in a smaller frame).

Last edited by Shadowrun97,

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They didn't say that "it will most likely not happen". They've just said that they won't talk about their projects for NS at the moment.

Yesterday they've released Skyrim SE for PC, PS4 and ONE - A NS announcement would hurt their (Christmas) sales. And that's true because I would buy Skyrim SE instantly for PC but I'll wait for the NS version now.

Another thought: They've shown Skyrim at so many times in the NS trailer, so this is another message than just: "We've 3rd party support." Do your think Bethesda would risk to ruin their reputation? And if they would not plan to bring Skyrim to NS, they would clearly say: "No, it's not coming" because they've nothing of the rumors (On the contrary: The rumors hurt their sales - like my purchase). But they can't negate the rumors because they're true. Skyrim is coming for NS!

It's the same thing when Nintendo has said: "The NX will not supersede the WiiU" (this was end 2015/early 2016) and now they've said: "The Switch will not supersede the 3DS." Do you really belive in this? :D We still have 5 months until the Switch comes ...Nintendo would lose billions if they say anything else (same for Bethesda in a smaller frame).

I think right now you are mad at me because I said something that brought all your hopes go down. Don't count on it. People will be mad at Nintendo not Bethesda. Respond with whatever you want just keep in mind what I said. Chances are always there.

Last edited by Zero72463,

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think right now you are mad at me because I said something that brought all your hopes go down. Don't count on it. People will be mad at Nintendo not Bethesda.

A lot of articles I've read back up @Shadowrun97 's idea that Bethesda doesn't want to officially announce Skyrim b/c it will hurt Christmas sales.

From my perspective - Nintendo had to secure the rights to show that Skyrim footage in their reveal trailer, why would Bethesda "okay" that if they didn't plan on releasing Skyrim for the NS?

Last edited by x65943,

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
that said Bethesda must have give them the go ahead to use the skyrim footage so heavily, so it's going to be likely, the same as when rockstar said gta v wouldn't be coming to xbox one or ps4 while they waited for 360 and ps3 sales to dry up

Edit: ninja'd :P

Last edited by gamesquest1,

Autz

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Any game that i found good. I'm thinking about it but i can't tell which one will do. Maybe an Ace Combat or a classic Resident Evil like the first ones, but i doubt it.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3d metroid would be nice. AM2R (Another Metroid 2 Remake) will keep me busy for a while and is better than what nintendo could make (for some reason).

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can't really tell by the tiny bits of footage we got - I'm probably sold already with the new Mario, but while one section looked like it might be a big grandiose adventure, the other looked like a 3D World sequel..... I loved 3D World anyway so am still sold, but would prefer it to be along the lines of Galaxy - guess we'll have to wait until January for more info!

Mario Kart is another system seller for me, and again we got little info - the track shown being from MK8 (and in fact just about every fukkin MK game in recent times.. did look graphically VERRY similar to the Wii U game version), but King Boo wasn't in 8, nor was there a 2nd item slot. Like '3D World 2' above, an enhanced MK8 will still be taking my money, but I'd prefer a new entry. Again, guess we'll have to wait till January!

As for the unannounced stuff, well Pokemon Gen IV remake is a family fave, fukk I'd probably end up having to buy 2 machines for it - don't do it Nintendo! :lol:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ +1