Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Inunah said:
-Mew- said:
http://www.gamekool.com/freeshipping-aceka...slds-p-184.html

$15.10 FUCKING DOLLARS PER CARD WITH FREE SHIPPING!

You can't get cheaper and better then this.
Yeah you can.
Most R4s nowadays come with a Micro SD for free.

Hell, it's $15 for an acekard but i'm not spending like $10-$20 on a Micro SD card too.

I have never seen a flashcart with microSD for free anywhere. That is just some bull.

AAND seems like DSi R4's cost in total 3bucks less (and no microSD) than acekard... 2 in some cases.

Well. so.

"most" if I cannot find one from 4 examples I came up do not say word like that. As I see it is 0 out of 5

Excellentnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you must get an R4, then I would suggest the R4i RTS. I don't know much about R4s, but from what I can see, the R4i RTS is the most up-to-date one because it's updated by the M3 team.

beamquaker

Trophies
XP
Country
so instead of one child asking why none of the new sonic games work you will have a large group of children nipping your head . good luck getting your cards

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Yeah, all here say best R4 is the R4i RTS - and general price difference is 13 bucks against 15buck acekard 2i...

Harmony harmony oh love!

fearofshorts

Trophies
XP
Country
The major problem I have with the R4 is that people always assume that someone out there will help them run new games.
Here's the facts:
~97% of the R4 clones stop being supported by their respective dev teams after a while.
~90% of the R4 clones will not be able to be updated when/if nintendo releases a new flashcart blocking firmware.
These problems will not be fixed.

"But surely" you say "there's YSMenu?".
No. Not anymore. The orig. dev? He stopped working on it ages ago. The recent releases? They were made by a few more devs. They've stopped now.

I just don't think that this cycle of simply expecting people to produce new firmwares whenever a new game comes out will continue.

"But now we can use AKAIO!" you say.
Wrong! AKAIO is only for AceKards. It was cracked once by a dev who is now very sorry for his actions. It won't happen again. And no, the new loaders will not be cracked either.

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
I have been watching the r4 clones webs and most of them do NOT have a webpage an there is NO firmware for download so you CANT USE IT

Dizzy Doom

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The biggest problem with R4 clones is not game compatibility (well, that's one of them), but the fact that by buying one you are encouraging lazy chinese cloners to get fast money out of you, without doing a shit to suppoirt their product. They just relly on YSMenu or the AK crack. Even if they update it, after a while they just drop their product. It wouldn't surprise me if a R4 clone blew your DS fuses. I mean, are you really risking a 100~ bucks console to save 5 bucks?
Really, just get a $10-12 AK. If that's too expensive, go with a $7 DSTT . If you're buying a lot, then you'll get a volume discont of about 1-2 bucks.

bach3609

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mori123 said:
heh I know this is a definetlyloaded question But of The Many r4 variants out there i am searching for the best of the worst so to speak i don;t mind if it won;t play the newest games immediately I was Looking @

R4i SDHC Upgrade Revolution - According to the site its 1.4 dsi compatible and its firmware was updated In march and like 4 times this year, And yes i know r4s are the bottom of the barrel, I want the Cheapest common denominator that works. with a dsi 1.4 unit P:) So of all the r4s avaible Which would u say is the Best Choice for someone looking to buy The cheapest and best one? of the dsi 1.4 compatible kind?

Thanks in advance and Please Stay on topic. best r4!

In your case I would say the r4i upgrade revolution, what you mean is the red box right? It has pretty good compatibility with games, etc. Although I prefer the AK2i, that would be the best bet for an r4, either that or the hyper r4i, depending if you like more features or not.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
r4 is just a name that being used by many irresponsible team/merchants/seller to earn quick $$$$
stay away from them
smile.gif

get yourself some well supported flash cart like ak2i, scds1, m3i0, cycloDS

---

Ysmenu? it is useless when no one here is able to make fix for E/U game..

mori123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i ordered my r4i sdhc revolution the one by the m3 Team got them for $5.22 each so I saved quite a bit over yer average acekard price and it supports sonic racing already so no worries there. and yes if they update the firmware they die but I imagine a new 5 dollar r4 will come out soon there after and i would still have saved money over the acekard..

Salax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you really are insistent on getting an R4, get one which supports ysmenu. I don't know which ones do, I'm happy with an M3i and an Ak2i
biggrin.gif

SylvWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We need a filter on the term R4. It just attracts noobs and flaming.

Person A: Hey I wanna get an R4, where should I buy it?
Person B: NOOB!!! R4 sucks, get something better!!!!!
Person C: It plays all the games you know.
Person D: NOT MY BELOVED SONIC!

^^^ Seriously, this happens in every R4 thread now.

EDIT: Oh, to actually get on topic, probably that R4i RTS or whatever.

Prime_Zero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive only owned an original R4 and R4i Gold should have bought a Acekard instead of the gold but I didn't do enough searching to know R4's were so out of date.
The R4i Gold has issues with cheat codes, it seems to have trouble finding them I have a DsL so no clue on how it does on Dsi?
I payed Five dollars for my R4i Gold but it was just for the flash card.

In the long run id say don't get a R4 even if your not going to play roms something like the Acekard2i or Cyclo would be far better, and you might regret not getting a better flash card in the end.

Sephi

fool
Trophies
Website
nov.us.to
XP
Country
United States
Tac 21 said:
don't bother with R4. save money and spend on Acecard or Cyclo

1. CycloDS is expensive
2. it does not work on DSi
3. he is buying a bunch of flashcards for some children
4. it's acekard not acecard

mori, this is probably the best option for you http://0shippingzone.com/m3-adapter-r4i-rts-p-470.html

free shipping, pretty cheap (cheaper as you buy more too), should work with most games, and it works on the 1.4 firmware.

edit: also they offer pretty cheap microsd cards, $7 for 2GB. and they also offer free metal retractable styluses. drop down box at bottom of product page.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3