Homebrew Which way do you prefer to play gba games on your 9.2 3ds?

Which way do you prefer to play gba games on your 9.2 3ds?

• AGB_FIRM (gba virtual console)

Votes: 119 73.5%
  • GPSP CIA (gba emulation)

Votes: 43 26.5%

• Total voters

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't usually play GBA games, but since I have a New3DS, typically emulation. it's far easier to set up (drop roms in a folder), and with dynarec most, if not all, games run at a stable 60 FPS. also, the colors look better, it doesn't have bad motion blur, and comes with more features than AGB_FIRM's virtually none.

Reactions: mungry

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
for me its vc all day

. . . because i bricked my scds2
R.I.P. gbatemp edition ds2 . . . you left me too soon *wipes tear*
DS2 or DS2+ ? You can reflash a DS2+ firmware with a special Launcher.dat, and a DS2 firmware on a DSLite/DSPhat and another DS flashcard, with a special .nds.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DS2 or DS2+ ? You can reflash a DS2+ firmware with a special Launcher.dat, and a DS2 firmware on a DSLite/DSPhat and another DS flashcard, with a special .nds.
the old one and its like really really bricked (no icon when inserted . . . . ) . . . but i would love to know more about this fix . . . after all i kept it because i was hopeful of a day like this lol

i liked my ds2 . . . like more than a friend

mungry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am a strong advocator of gpsp. Why? Because it has filters, scaling, save states, actual sleep mode, and runs fullspeed (.cia obviously). How else are you going to play Pokemon Fire red scaled to fit the 3DS screen with crisp graphics? I kid you not, it looks amazing and feels genuine.

Reactions: ihaveahax

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
the old one and its like really really bricked (no icon when inserted . . . . ) . . . but i would love to know more about this fix . . . after all i kept it because i was hopeful of a day like this lol

i liked my ds2 . . . like more than a friend
nvm, sorry, i guess you can't unbrick an old DSTwo, seems you can only unbrick DSTwo+ and I'm not sure now

fate6

Haha, I killed a Pumpkin!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am a strong advocator of gpsp. Why? Because it has filters, scaling, save states, actual sleep mode, and runs fullspeed (.cia obviously). How else are you going to play Pokemon Fire red scaled to fit the 3DS screen with crisp graphics? I kid you not, it looks amazing and feels genuine.

You saying I could be playing Moemon in full screen without it looking terrible?... I'll be right back...

Reactions: spoonm

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone tried getting into combat in a really intensive game like Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories?
That would run pretty slow in tempgba on the dstwo, so I'm curious if performance in such games is that much better on the emulators on n3ds.

fate6

Haha, I killed a Pumpkin!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'll give gpSP one thing, Full screen + filter is nice but im getting crashes :(
Sucks but meh it's fine I guess.

BTW why was the name not changed? gpSP = gameboy pSP right? why not "g3DS" or something?

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
OP
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Well I'll give gpSP one thing, Full screen + filter is nice but im getting crashes :(
Sucks but meh it's fine I guess.

BTW why was the name not changed? gpSP = gameboy pSP right? why not "g3DS" or something?

Yeah, I'm getting crashes on gpsp too. But gba injection is like 100 % perfect :) I have around 50 gba injection games in one folder. Really nice! :)

Rosselman

Spooky Skeleton
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
gpSP is what I like. The filters make fullscreen emulation look very good, and on the n3DS (with CFW and DynaRec) gpSP runs very, very well.
Also, I want my sysNAND to be a clean slate.

Last edited by Rosselman,
Reactions: Audioboxer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and also ahve the option to play as a human
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or set it up that when you get injured past a certain point they have to replace your human parts with cybernetics
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i have a placeholder enemy sprite i made
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or have it that you don't know you are a cyborg, robot, and you find out and have a existential crisis
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or have it start in the virtual world and you are an ai that gained sentience
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    btw gonna wash my face in a bit, my eyes feel tired
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and you convince your owner to help you break out of the virtual world to real world
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Eyes - "yawn"
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you bleack in to goverment computer systems to get cyborg schematics so you can get a robot body constructed
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    btw @BigOnYa the health bar doesnt decrease when i take damage (and yes i put the "at the beggining of the scene change value of greenflatbar: set to Protagonistcopmode.Health::Health())
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    i the protagonist
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    human, robot, cyborg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    human with cyborg enhancements
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or like terminatior
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    with living tissue
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty there is health behaviour you can add to your character, then to use a health bar is lil more complicated, google n watch a few tutorial video on it, be too hard to explain here.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, the character has the health behavior
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I know you have to create a health and health max variable. Then there is a calculation you use in code to subtract width size of the health bar. Google few vids.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, the "greenflatbar" is one of the preset health bars btw
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you can use any bar/sprite. It will just change the width. Ok good luck and have fun. I'm off to go shoot some pool at the bar. Talk to you later.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why does the health behavior exist if you can just use a variable?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and nope the number still doesnt change
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ok im gonna make my own asset
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: ok im gonna make my own asset