• Other

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters

tijntje_7

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Duh, google chrome. Because my computer is too old to be able to handle any other browser x[
Okay, okay, that's not true.. It's not THAT bad.
But google chrome is incredibly quick for my pc
ohmy.gif

I used firefox beforehand though. But this one is just way faster, and I don't need the firefox plugins.
On my new pc though.. I'm not sure what browser I will be using. Because it's supposed to be a really fast and responsive system
biggrin.gif
So I might be using chrome.. Might be using firefox.
I think I prefer firefox over chrome though, because it supports everything internet explorer also supports. Chrome doesn't (silverlight anyone?)

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pyrmon24 said:
Because there are better options available that are easy to access? Why drive a Ford when someone gives you a Porsche for free and delivers it to your door?
Vista, I agree isn't all that bad. But if you compare it with Seven or OSX or Linux... [Don't compare Vista to newer OS's. Poor analogies, but I understand your point]

QUOTE(A Gay Little Catboy @ Jan 27 2011, 12:44 PM) Simply because there are better options out there. Sure it's not horrible, but really why settle for it when there is something better?

That's exactly what I'm saying. However, my point is that IE is a decent browser now whereas during the days of IE4 to IE7 it was almost a necessity to use an alternative.

As for the car analogy, it would be more like owning a Ford when there's a free Porsche down the road. Do you bother going down there to pick it up and move all your things from your Ford to your Porsche? Well, some people just don't care enough to do that when their Ford works perfectly fine for them.

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
nutella said:
pyrmon24 said:
Because there are better options available that are easy to access? Why drive a Ford when someone gives you a Porsche for free and delivers it to your door?
Vista, I agree isn't all that bad. But if you compare it with Seven or OSX or Linux... [Don't compare Vista to newer OS's. Poor analogies, but I understand your point]

QUOTE(A Gay Little Catboy @ Jan 27 2011, 12:44 PM) Simply because there are better options out there. Sure it's not horrible, but really why settle for it when there is something better?

That's exactly what I'm saying. However, my point is that IE is a decent browser now whereas during the days of IE4 to IE7 it was almost a necessity to use an alternative.

As for the car analogy, it would be more like owning a Ford when there's a free Porsche down the road. Do you bother going down there to pick it up and move all your things from your Ford to your Porsche? Well, some people just don't care enough to do that when their Ford works perfectly fine for them.

I only compared it to one OS that is newer

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pyrmon24 said:
nutella said:
pyrmon24 said:

I only compared it to one OS that is newer
Meh, I just assumed you meant newer OS's because you stated the version of Windows but not the version of OSX or which distribution of Linux.

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should also of added Safari. I don't like it or use it, but some people do.

I use Google Chrome myself. It's light-weight, customizable, smooth, pretty, etc. Plus it's significantly faster than IE and noticeably faster than Firefox.

I'm honestly not sure which is faster, Google Chrome or Opera. I used Opera only once and it actually beat Chrome in a number of tests I did, but I'm not sure if it was just circumstantial or because I had everything stored in Google Chrome, but that surprised me.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
Just got to my top speed ever seen when downloading a file using a browser (Using Chrome)

1.5%20MBps%20was%201.6.JPG

It was 1.6 MBps but I took the screen shot to late =(

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to use Google Chrome, but that will not be possible until it supports proper ad-blocking software. I have also come across a couple of problems with Chrome, such as with the banking site I use. Until the above things are fixed, I will be sticking with Firefox.

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lacius said:
I would like to use Google Chrome, but that will not be possible until it supports proper ad-blocking software. I have also come across a couple of problems with Chrome, such as with the banking site I use. Until the above things are fixed, I will be sticking with Firefox.
I use Chrome and have AdBlock Chrome (that or it's just called AdBlock) installed, and it works incredibly well. I haven't seen an ad in a long time.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PeregrinFig said:
I use Chrome and have AdBlock Chrome (that or it's just called AdBlock) installed, and it works incredibly well. I haven't seen an ad in a long time.
Yeah, I tried the various adblock programs for Chrome; none of them were adequate in my opinion. This one blocked all the ads effectively, but it really slowed down performance to the point that Firefox was the better alternative. This one, still in the beta stages and created by the guy who created AdBlock Plus for Firefox, retains the speed people love about Chrome, but it is ineffective at blocking ads. Also, with both applications, there are instances of the extension merely hiding the ads after they load and not blocking them. Apparently though, this is not the fault of the extension developers but rather of the browser itself.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I used many web browsers simply because IE lags really badly,
frown.gif

Based on what i have used... the one i simply dislike is safari. It sometimes becomes extremely laggy and very difficult to clear browsing data (not really user friendly on windows, I don't know about macs)... Apple fans please don't be angry... because this is exactly what i encountered.

Opera does not open a lot of internet pages, which sometimes can be darn annoying. It is very speedy though, and browsing data is easier to clear (still troublesome).

Mozilla is what i am currently using now, and it has pretty good speed and loads pages better than Opera (but slower), it is also more user-friendly as compared to the previous two.

Google chrome started off extremely well for me, it was extremely fast, simple yet cool browser, and clearing browsing data is about the same as Opera. However, I started experiencing it not opening a LOT of web pages after a few months of usage, and one day it doesn't open any page at all. (I tried on IE and the pages do open)
Therefore, I uninstalled chrome...

I would say Mozilla is the best overall. Chrome is second. Opera third.
smile.gif

ThePowerOutage

The Lord of the Flyes
Trophies
XP
Country
chris888222 said:
I used many web browsers simply because IE lags really badly,
frown.gif

Based on what i have used... the one i simply dislike is safari. It sometimes becomes extremely laggy and very difficult to clear browsing data (not really user friendly on windows, I don't know about macs)... Apple fans please don't be angry... because this is exactly what i encountered.

Opera does not open a lot of internet pages, which sometimes can be darn annoying. It is very speedy though, and browsing data is easier to clear (still troublesome).

Mozilla is what i am currently using now, and it has pretty good speed and loads pages better than Opera (but slower), it is also more user-friendly as compared to the previous two.

Google chrome started off extremely well for me, it was extremely fast, simple yet cool browser, and clearing browsing data is about the same as Opera. However, I started experiencing it not opening a LOT of web pages after a few months of usage, and one day it doesn't open any page at all. (I tried on IE and the pages do open)
Therefore, I uninstalled chrome...

I would say Mozilla is the best overall. Chrome is second. Opera third.
smile.gif
There is a reason your supposed to clear the cache

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: But that topic makes me sad. :(