Gaming Which Xbox controller do you prefer?

Favourite Xbox controller?

• "Duke" (Original Xbox controller)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • "Akebono" (Japanese Original Xbox controller/Controller S)

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Xbox 360 (wired)

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Xbox 360 (wireless)

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Xbox One

• Xbox Series X/S

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (third-party, etc.)

• Xbox 360 controller (wireless, rotating D-pad)

• Xbox One Elite (v1)

• Xbox One Elite (v2)

• Total voters

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Xbox One S Controller is hands down the most comfortable controller I have ever had the pleasure to use. I bought an 8bitdo just to use the One S controller on my Switch. Quite honestly, it's made playing games like Doom and Bioshock so much better.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have to pick from the only two I know ... either Duke or Controller S, cuz the OG Xbox is the only one I've ever owned. And "S" it is.

I still have that OG Xbox too, pristine condition, never opened up. Go on, tell me I should mod it. Everybody does. Go on.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wireless 360 controller if I have to pick. Don't really like the bumpers on the Xbox one and Xbox series controllers. MS should have just fixed dpad on the 360 controller and left it at that.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Forgot the Elite series controllers ;)

Despite not owning one, we have an Elite 2 controller at work that we use for testing consoles and it's definitely my favorite of them all. My only real complaint is the price (which is exactly why I don't own one), but given it's a relatively customizable "specialty" controller it's hard to complain too much.

Tomato123

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Haven't tried a Series S/X controller as don't plan on buying one of the consoles. But can't beat a wired 360 controller. Works perfect with all my PC games as it's just standard xinput and feels great in my hands. Can't say the same for Xbox One controllers as I find them too weird with things like the triggers being an odd shape and while I've never used one on my PC before, friends have and report many issues popping up with them.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Rotating dpad 360 controller. As above the changes to xbone and beyond controllers never felt quite as nice as the 360 did and still does.

Have to pick from the only two I know ... either Duke or Controller S, cuz the OG Xbox is the only one I've ever owned. And "S" it is.

I still have that OG Xbox too, pristine condition, never opened up. Go on, tell me I should mod it. Everybody does. Go on.
Depending upon the model you probably do want to open it up and sort out the clock batteries/capacitor as they are almost certain to leak and kill it, if it has not already started.
While in there you might want to clean or replace the DVD drive belt as well, especially if it is starting to get a bit hard to get the tray out.

As far as modding it. Most homebrew is better served by getting an old laptop or raspberry pi these days. If it is NTSC it can already do the video modes. That pretty much leaves cheats, ISO loading from the onboard hard drive and the nearly non existent ROM hacking scene. I mod them by default but I could see skipping it, and it seems the upcoming Live replacement if you wanted that will chain load some mods (though benefit from a mod if you did have one).

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The newer standard controller Microsoft have pretty much perfected it.

Good thing they use batteries so no worries about needing to open the controller and replace the internal battery.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I can put like 90 songs on a CD lol