• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

While Japan raises age of consent to 16, Wyoming Republicans fight against raising marriage age to the same

• Thread starter Xzi
  • Start date
  • Views 3,446
  • Replies 52
  • Likes 2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Describe the differences between a 8.5 month old fetus and a 1 day old baby.
Despite whatever the sensationalist/clickbait media you're reading is telling you, abortions at eight and a half months aren't a thing save for those exceedingly rare cases where the mother's life is in immediate danger.

Once again, I never said abortions are bigger than plaster surgery. Why do you continue to just make shit up that I didn't say?
Once again, I was just putting your statement in context. There are any number of specializations more lucrative for medical professionals than performing abortions, and almost nobody is exclusively an abortion doctor.

That's what you tell yourself so you don't feel guilty for just sitting on your fat ass at the computer telling lies on forums.
No, that's the reality of the situation. I've had to actually earn every cent I've made, while you lick the boots of those who rake in billions just playing golf or flying their private jets from party to party all day.

The contentiousness came because you only focus on the Trumps and Musks and completely ignore the even richer and more powerful central bankers. If you can prove to me that Trump and Musk earned their wealth illegally, I'd join you in confiscating their wealth.
There's absolutely no difference between Trump/Musk and the wealthy central bankers you claim to hate so much. None of the fuckers "earned" their wealth, they all inherited it and/or skimmed it from the blood, sweat, and tears of actual workers. The only reason you choose to separate them into two groups is because you're politically aligned with certain oligarchs, which is ultimately beneficial to ALL of them. Like it or not, it makes you just another useful idiot happy to defend a dysfunctional status quo.

Guess that answers the question I posed initially: you'd rather buy some yuppie twat his third yacht than provide support for impovrished single pregnant women considering abortion. Disappointing, but not surprising.

isn't WY largely mormon faith (which would partially explain why to so much political friction) to understand it baicly Mormons are basic D-day preppers they believe in marrying as young as legally possible and having large families
Yeah Mormons are part of the problem, but some Evangelicals also continue to practice arranged child marriage, and there are any number of cult-like sects of Christianity popping up recently which embrace it too.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: KingVamp

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Despite whatever the sensationalist/clickbait media you're reading is telling you, abortions at eight and a half months aren't a thing save for those exceedingly rare cases where the mother's life is in immediate danger.

He was responding to something that you said. This is beside the point. Why don't you answer the question or, at least, make a retraction/correction?

Once again, I was just putting your statement in context. There are any number of specializations more lucrative for medical professionals than performing abortions, and almost nobody is exclusively an abortion doctor.

Someone doesn't know what "context" is. Context isn't saying "what about ~" to sidestep the conversation. It's literally the opposite.

Doesn't remember, or doesn't care what he said previously. Wants to hang out on GBAtemp all day, every day, and complain about rich people. Apparently "earns" his "cents". When? Nobody knows.

This guy doesn't represent anything. He weasels through every every conversation, looking for an "opening" to "win" an argument, despite what he says previously.

Here's are a couple example patterns of conversation with @Xzi.

commenter: Murder is wrong
Xzi: Republicans.

commenter: Biden is a pedophile.
Xzi: Trump is obviously a bigger pedophile.

commenter: abortion is a racket.
Xzi: there are bigger rackets.

xzi: a fetus is absolutely not a person
commenter: what about a 8.5 month year old fetus.
xzi: you must enjoy clickbait, that is irrelevant.

Liberals should pay attention. Like pedos and LBGT, opportunists don the guise of of being a liberal just to further their own depravity.

The rhetoric style offers absolutely no path for improvement, but reinforces future decline. Xzi is dying, and he will die alone if he keeps this up.

I am inclined to assume that Xzi has no friends or family who like him, so he just spends all his time here being edgy, chasing those short-lasting endorphin highs of pretending he's right as he exposes his own asshole to the internet.

Last edited by tabzer,
  • Haha
Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
He was responding to something that you said. This is beside the point. Why don't you answer the question or, at least, make a retraction/correction?
He was making an appeal to emotion, and he followed it up with another appeal to emotion. There are any number of ways to refute those, but no one "right" way to do it. So I chose to respond with logic. A fetus is not a person. By 8.5 months it's essentially a fully-developed baby, no longer a fetus, and therefore what I would consider a person. Happy?

Someone doesn't know what "context" is. Context isn't saying "what about ~" to sidestep the conversation. It's literally the opposite.
His assertion was that doctors are making bank performing abortions, and that's blatantly incorrect. Pointing out that other specializations earn far more money is not "sidestepping" anything, it's entirely relevant in dispelling his delusions.

This guy doesn't represent anything.
Says the dude whose entire personality is transphobia and the fear of social progress. You make even most boomers look open-minded by comparison.

Wants to hang out on GBAtemp all day, every day, and complain about rich people.
Says the dude who's on here more often than I am and never ventures outside of this one subforum.

Everything else in your post is just more pathetic straw-manning, mudslinging, and putting words in my mouth, so it's not worth a response. Not a single one of you righties here is capable of standing on the strength of your own arguments, which is why you always feel the need to come to each others' defense. Everyone can see right through your thinly-veiled fascist propaganda picked up from vapid internet influencers, it's the type of shit that most outgrow by the age of sixteen. Grow the fuck up or shut the fuck up, your choice.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: KingVamp and smf

caipora

cheese eating lactose intolerant
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This Republican X Democrat dichotomy is hilarious, yankees always seems to have a narrowed view on any politics related topic...
That being said, fucking finally Japan you have too many weirdos in your country man, now ban "lolicon/shotacon" pedophilic shit.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
This Republican X Democrat dichotomy is hilarious, yankees always seems to have a narrowed view on any politics related topic...
Believe me I know, the issue is that our choices are a center-right party and a far-right party, and neither truly has working class interests at heart. One is only slightly more preferable to the other because they aren't openly advocating for genocide of certain groups. Clearly we didn't learn much from the lessons of nazi Germany if violent rhetoric like this is not only tolerated, but celebrated by degenerates. Dangerous times ahead in the US.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Believe me I know, the issue is that our choices are a center-right party and a far-right party, and neither truly has working class interests at heart. One is only slightly more preferable to the other because they aren't openly advocating for genocide of certain groups. Clearly we didn't learn much from the lessons of nazi Germany if violent rhetoric like this is not only tolerated, but celebrated by degenerates. Dangerous times ahead in the US.

Advocating for genocide would mean explicitly calling for the deaths of persons. That's not what was said. He said society needs to stop acknowledging and tolerating a falsehood. I think he was stupid to say this, because it's futile to even try to talk sense on this topic at this point and all that can come of hard truth is people spinning it into bullshit claims of ... well, genocide for example. You think a man who says he's a woman is really, in actuality, a woman? That's fucking imbecilic to me, but the impact on my life of a person trying to pretend is pretty minimal. Go on about your thing, so long as it doesn't impose on others. But accommodating this in gendered sports, in the use of public toilet and bathing facilities, in where prison inmates are housed, and this pronoun nonsense ... then it does affect people who have no reason to be affected. The whole world shouldn't be required to share in the delusion.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah.. the past wasn't good, times were always dangerous, we're just living them now.
True, true. There's only been one decade in the US during my life where things were relatively calm and peaceful, and I was too young to fully appreciate it.

How well spread this is among the general public?
The story or the sentiment that Knowles was conveying? Plenty of online outlets covering the former, though I doubt it makes the televised nightly news because of how many corporate sponsors support Republicans. The latter is supported by a majority of voting Republicans, which ultimately only makes up a tiny minority of the American public, but between voter apathy and gerrymandering they're still able to obtain power far more often than they should.

Advocating for genocide would mean explicitly calling for the deaths of persons. That's not what was said. He said society needs to stop acknowledging and tolerating a falsehood. I think he was stupid to say this, because it's futile to even try to talk sense on this topic at this point and all that can come of hard truth is people spinning it into bullshit claims of ... well, genocide for example. You think a man who says he's a woman is really, in actuality, a woman? That's fucking imbecilic to me, but the impact on my life of a person trying to pretend is pretty minimal. Go on about your thing, so long as it doesn't impose on others. But accommodating this in gendered sports, in the use of public toilet and bathing facilities, in where prison inmates are housed, and this pronoun nonsense ... then it does affect people who have no reason to be affected. The whole world shouldn't be required to share in the delusion.
Right...it's a common obfuscation tactic to call transgenderism an "ideology," but the reality is that their chosen gender identity is simply part of who they are as human beings, regardless of whether or not it's the same gender they were assigned at birth. It's no better than calling for the eradication of men or women as a whole. I can agree that in certain instances accommodations need to be taken on a case-by-case or individual-by-individual basis, but that's exactly the type of nuance that rhetoric like Knowles' throws out the window in favor of blind hatred and ignorance.

Reactions: caipora

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right...it's a common obfuscation tactic to call transgenderism an "ideology," but the reality is that their chosen gender identity is simply part of who they are as human beings, regardless of whether or not it's the same gender they were assigned at birth. It's no better than calling for the eradication of men or women as a whole. I can agree that in certain instances accommodations need to be taken on a case-by-case or individual-by-individual basis, but that's exactly the type of nuance that rhetoric like Knowles' throws out the window in favor of blind hatred and ignorance.

Semi-like. Seems we probably have some common thought on this, probably differing in degree but not on the "it's a free country" core of it.

Reactions: tabzer and Xzi

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
By 8.5 months it's essentially a fully-developed baby, no longer a fetus, and therefore what I would consider a person.

That is the correct answer.

His assertion was that doctors are making bank performing abortions, and that's blatantly incorrect.

The assertion is that they are financially incentivized by a capitalistic system, and the Benjamins imply that they are making a generous amount. Is it a comparable rate to selling cars? How is the job security? What's the alternative, they are heroes?

Says the dude whose entire personality is transphobia and the fear of social progress.

If you haven't noticed, I'm fascinated by it.

Says the dude who's on here more often than I am and never ventures outside of this one subforum.

Ok.

Everyone can see right through your thinly-veiled fascist propaganda picked up from vapid internet influencers

Please explain that. That sounds like propaganda.

Last edited by tabzer,
Reactions: OM3GAZX

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to throw a slight wrench in this discussion.

When I was 17 and my BF was 16, We would have L:wub:ved to have been Married. [I miss him :sad:]. And we were from the "Hillbilly" [as @Xzi calls us :angry: ] side of the US [TN].

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!