• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

While Japan raises age of consent to 16, Wyoming Republicans fight against raising marriage age to the same

• Thread starter Xzi
  • Start date
  • Views 3,444
  • Replies 52
  • Likes 2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Classic @Xzi argument. "The republicans did it first, so I can too."
Nobody should be doing this shit, and I've provided evidence that right-wingers like you are the only ones defending it. Homophobia and transphobia do not count as advocating for children, sorry gutter trash.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: KingVamp

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The sources Wikipedia cites are fair game when it comes to college assignments, I used them all the time. Wikipedia itself can't be used simply because it's an aggregate of sources rather than its own source. Can't believe this is something you need explained to you.
You didn't use one of their cites. Epic fail.
Couldn't care less who teaches sex ed in high schools as long as they don't teach worthless abstinence-only lessons.
The only thing they left out was how to perform anal and oral sex. I don't think they taught gay sex either, but I could have been absent that day.
True, but a pregnancy and a birth are on two completely different levels when it comes to long-term impact on peoples' lives.
You're mad because I took responsibility for my kids even at such a young age. My son is alive because I'm not a murderer. All of my kids are well balanced individuals because I didn't subject them to men dancing sexually in women's lingerie. I have zero regrets.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Nobody should be doing this shit, and I've provided evidence that right-wingers like you are the only ones defending it. Homophobia and transphobia do not count as advocating for children, sorry gutter trash.

More deflection, and LARP. You going to keep lying or you going to cite something? Disagreeing with your method of rationalizing something doesn't make one a right-winger or a trendphobe.

• Haha
Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You didn't use one of their cites. Epic fail.
I'm not writing a college paper here, you're capable of one extra click to read the sources for yourself. Epic internet literacy fail.

The only thing they left out was how to perform anal and oral sex. I don't think they taught gay sex either, but I could have been absent that day.
Must've been absent on the day they taught everyone how to use condoms, too.

You're mad because I took responsibility for my kids even at such a young age.
I don't care about all the bad decisions you've made throughout your life that led you to be infected with brain worms, I only care that future generations are made aware of the fact that they have better options. Like I already said though, teen pregnancy rates have been steadily declining, along with marriage rates in general, so things are moving in the right direction.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not writing a college paper here, you're capable of one extra click to read the sources for yourself. Epic internet literacy fail.
Or you could just directly link your point like I do. But you don't make points, which is why you blindly link Wikipedia.
Must've been absent on the day they taught everyone how to use condoms, too.
This has to be the best zinger you've ever written. Kudos. I got a good chuckle out of this one.
I don't care about all the bad decisions you've made throughout your life that led you to be infected with brain worms, I only care that future generations are made aware of the fact that they have better options. Like I already said though, teen pregnancy rates have been steadily declining, along with marriage rates in general, so things are moving in the right direction.
Speaking of bad decisions.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it sucks that she regrets it.
But it's not a argument to ban abortion either.
I'm just bringing awareness to the part of abortion that the murderers refuse to talk about. She is not an outlier. Just like de-transitioners are not outliers either.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Well it sucks that she regrets it.
But it's not a argument to ban abortion either.
Has nothing to do with the topic of teen pregnancy either, since she explicitly states she's a full-grown woman with the means to take care of a child. Her mistake was in worrying about what other people would think more than taking her own thoughts and feelings into consideration.

There are also those people out there who will regret any decision they make, and in those cases it's better that they're the only one to suffer the consequences of their actions rather than making their unwanted kid's life a living hell too.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has nothing to do with the topic of teen pregnancy either, since she explicitly states she's a full-grown woman with the means to take care of a child. Her mistake was in worrying about what other people would think more than taking her own thoughts and feelings into consideration.
I'll try harder to find a recording of a teen's reaction after an abortion. I'm sure it'll be completely different.
There are also those people out there who will regret any decision they make, and in those cases it's better that they're the only one to suffer the consequences of their actions rather than making their kid's life a living hell too.
You keep showing how much of a piece of shit person you are. You lack empathy and it's obvious you hate real women.

Reactions: OM3GAZX

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'll try harder to find a recording of a teen's reaction after an abortion. I'm sure it'll be completely different.
We could both post contradictory anecdotes from now until the end of time, it doesn't change the fact that abortion is a deeply personal decision that the state/federal government has no business involving themselves with.

You keep showing how much of a piece of shit person you are. You lack empathy and it's obvious you hate real women.
Forcing a girl or woman to raise a child they aren't emotionally/mentally/financially prepared for is the exact opposite of empathy. It's maliciousness that serves to benefit only the oligarchs and military industrial complex. The US foster care system is already too overwhelmed, and the number of homeless/starving children is already too high to deal with the fallout of forced-birth policies.

If you want to make raising a child a more appealing option like it is in Scandinavian countries, that requires much greater investment in social programs.

Last edited by Xzi,

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We could both post contradictory anecdotes from now until the end of time, it doesn't change the fact that abortion is a deeply personal decision that the state/federal government has no business involving themselves with.
The state's main purpose is protecting life and punishing those who take life like murderers. The state is well within its right to protect the lives of the unborn as it is well within its right to protect the lives of the born.
Forcing a girl or woman to raise a child they aren't emotionally/mentally/financially prepared for is the exact opposite of empathy. It's maliciousness that serves to benefit only the oligarchs and military industrial complex. The US foster care system is already too overwhelmed, and the number of homeless/starving children is already too high to deal with the fallout of forced-birth policies.
She looked real emotionally prepared for the abortion. I bet nobody told her that she would dive into a deep depression afterwards because the left sells abortion the same as removing a mole or a skin tag.
If you want to make raising a child a more appealing option like it is in Scandinavian countries, that requires much greater investment in social programs.
We spend more on social programs than all Scandinavian countries combined. If you really cared about women and children, you'd donate your time and money to helping, but raising everybody's taxes is easier. It makes it where you don't have to lift that fat ass off the couch.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The state's main purpose is protecting life and punishing those who take life like murderers. The state is well within its right to protect the lives of the unborn as it is well within its right to protect the lives of the born.
For a number of reasons, not even Republicans are willing to establish the legal precedent that a fetus is the same as a human life. Not a single religious text declares it to be so, either.

She looked real emotionally prepared for the abortion. I bet nobody told her that she would dive into a deep depression afterwards
In which case both her friends and family failed her. A sad anecdote, but an anecdote nonetheless.

We spend more on social programs than all Scandinavian countries combined.
And we're much larger than all Scandinavian countries combined, so it still clearly isn't enough to keep children off the streets or keep them from starving. We spend exponentially more on corporate welfare and the military.

If you really cared about women and children, you'd donate your time and money to helping, but raising everybody's taxes is easier.
I'm sure both of us could be doing more in that regard, but shifting the blame for systemic issues is not helpful. With the right programs in place, a wealth tax exclusively on those with over ten million dollars would support a population boom of nearly any size. So then the only question you need to answer is: do you care more about protecting the wealth of oligarchs than you do about discouraging abortion?

Reactions: KingVamp

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For a number of reasons, not even Republicans are willing to establish the legal precedent that a fetus is the same as a human life. Not a single religious text declares it to be so, either.
Have you ever noticed that you are the only one who mentions religious texts? You act like I use it as an argument and I never have. Once again, it's just you imagining I say something that was never said. Do you also hear other voices?
In which case both her friends and family failed her. A sad anecdote, but an anecdote nonetheless.
The abortion doctor isn't culpable at all. Every other doctor talks to their patients about the inherent risks, both physically and mentally from a medical procedure. Not abortion ""doctors"". It's all about the benjamins with them. They don't actually care about caring for women, just like the rest of the pro-choice baby sacrificing cult.
And we're much larger than all Scandinavian countries combined, so it still clearly isn't enough to keep children off the streets or keep them from starving. We spend exponentially more on corporate welfare and the military.
You can always send extra money to the Treasury. I guarantee you don't put your money where your mouth is. It's always somebody else's responsibility while you sit here a virtue signal.
I'm sure both of us could be doing more in that regard, but shifting the blame for systemic issues is not helpful. With the right programs in place, a wealth tax exclusively on those with over ten million dollars would support a population boom of nearly any size. So then the only question you need to answer is: do you care more about protecting the wealth of oligarchs than you do about discouraging abortion?
Only if we dismantle the central bank and indict every central banker on crimes against humanity, which will effectively wipe out all debts, including student debts. With the money saved from servicing the $31 trillion debt, everybody making less than $150,000/year could pay $0 in income tax. But you want the poor to be taxed so they can be controlled by throwing them breadcrumbs every April.

I've presented this argument to you before and you turned your nose up at it, which proves that you don't really want to raise taxes on billionaires/millionaires to help poor people. You want to raise their taxes out of jealousy and resentment because many of them are successful through honest means and you just can't figure life out, so you accuse complete strangers of earning their wealth nefariously.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Have you ever noticed that you are the only one who mentions religious texts? You act like I use it as an argument and I never have.
I'm simply establishing that you have no logical, rational, or even religious basis for declaring that a fetus is the same as a person, it's entirely an appeal to emotion, which is something you claim only your opposition does.

The abortion doctor isn't culpable at all. Every other doctor talks to their patients about the inherent risks, both physically and mentally from a medical procedure. Not abortion ""doctors"". It's all about the benjamins with them.
Are you seriously trying to argue that abortions are a bigger money-maker than plastic surgery? Even dentists make far more money. The entire purpose of Planned Parenthood is to help potential parents make informed decisions, but that's something the right-wing wants to defund.

You can always send extra money to the Treasury.
Yeah I'm sure my extra $100 is gonna do a whole lot in the face of literal billions being stolen by corporations and oligarchs. :rolleyes:

I've presented this argument to you before and you turned your nose up at it
Actually I agreed with you that taxes on anyone making less than $150,000 could be eliminated entirely so long as we make up for them by putting more of the tax burden on millionaires and billionaires. At which point things got contentious because you have your head too far up the ass of the Trumps and Musks of the world. If you're willing to change your mind about that now, I won't hold it against you.

Last edited by Xzi,

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
God read two pages of garbage post and nowhere in the first post did i see anywhere that letting pre 18 year olds get married equaled pedophilia. It stats they can get married not that a minor can marry any age. Dear god twist your shit to make it fit your arguement. Then this from the op....
Currently, Wyoming is one of just eight states in the country—including California, Michigan, Mississippi, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Washington and West Virginia—without a minimum age requirement for marriage, and it currently ranks among the top ten states in the country for child marriages
Lot of blue states in those 8 states that have no limit...then it ranks among the top 10 even though their is only 8 WTF can transvestites teach some god damn math?

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It stats they can get married not that a minor can marry any age.
It may not be explicitly stated, but that is indeed the case. With parents' permission, a 13-year-old girl in Wyoming can marry a man of any age. It's a carry-over from religious traditions of the 1800s, and there shouldn't be anyone still willing to defend such practices, but sadly there is.

then it ranks among the top 10 even though their is only 8 WTF
Just because it's only legal in eight states doesn't mean there aren't sicko priests willing to break the law in others.

Last edited by Xzi,

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm simply establishing that you have no logical, rational, or even religious basis for declaring that a fetus is the same as a person, it's entirely an appeal to emotion, which is something you claim only your opposition does.
Describe the differences between a 8.5 month old fetus and a 1 day old baby.
Are you seriously trying to argue that abortions are a bigger money-maker than plastic surgery? Even dentists make far more money. The entire purpose of Planned Parenthood is to help potential parents make informed decisions, but that's something the right-wing wants to defund.
Once again, I never said abortions are bigger than plaster surgery. Why do you continue to just make shit up that I didn't say?
Yeah I'm sure my extra $100 is gonna do a whole lot in the face of literal billions being stolen by corporations and oligarchs. :rolleyes:
That's what you tell yourself so you don't feel guilty for just sitting on your fat ass at the computer telling lies on forums.
Actually I agreed with you that taxes on anyone making less than $150,000 could be eliminated entirely so long as we make up for them by putting more of the tax burden on millionaires and billionaires. At which point things got contentious because you have your head too far up the ass of the Trumps and Musks of the world. If you're willing to change your mind about that now, I won't hold it against you.
The contentiousness came because you only focus on the Trumps and Musks and completely ignore the even richer and more powerful central bankers. If you can prove to me that Trump and Musk earned their wealth illegally, I'd join you in confiscating their wealth. As it stands, Trump's taxes are public record now and so far, nobody has said a single word about them after swearing for years he was guilty of tax evasion. Instead of stopping and thinking, wow, I've been lied to all these years about Trump's taxes, you memory hole it and move on like it never happened. You are a partisan with jealousy issues and resentment for those who are more successful than you. That's why you hate me so much.

Reactions: OM3GAZX

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-64703519

Kind of shocking that the age of consent has remained so low for so long, but better to fix it late than never I suppose. Meanwhile in hillbilly news...

https://www.newsweek.com/wyoming-ending-child-marriage-sparks-republican-outrage-1780501

Having traveled through the state a few times when necessary, this I can't say I'm surprised about. Dick Cheney basically owns Wyoming, and child marriage is one of those long-outdated traditions that only religious nuts and 1800s-style regressives would fight to keep around. Despite this, pro-child marriage representatives within the Republican party continue to enjoy widespread support among their voter base. Something to keep in mind as the right-wing continues to ramp up its virtue signalling in regard to the safety and well-being of minors.
isn't WY largely mormon faith (which would partially explain why to so much political friction) to understand it baicly Mormons are basic D-day preppers they believe in marrying as young as legally possible and having large families

Reactions: Xzi

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users