Gaming Who can't get the Mario Kart Channel to install?

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Every time I try to get the MK Channel to install, I get a black screen, and I have to eject the disc, and reset the machine.

I have a PAL Wii w/ 3.2E firmware, and have a YAOSM 3.0 chip.

The game works perfectly ... I have my FC ... all that good stuff ... just can't get the MK Channel.

Is this happening to anyone else? Or, has it happened to you, and you resolved it?

Bob Evil

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nope ... media is not the issue ... Verbatims with good dyes, burned at 4x, using ImgBurn ... the game plays perfectly ... just an issue with the channel installer ... hmmm

Thanks for trying though
smile.gif

leocamilo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I know this thread isn't about this, but does anyone know when the american version is gonna be released?

Scoobos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Get into the habit of burning at 6x. It's the Wii's native read speed and you will get better results.

I don't know the answer to your question as I use the original, but the channel does install - it takes a loong time though and appears to connect to the web during the install (I use Nintendo Wifi USB Connector on my PC and can see the Wii connecting).

Maybe its to do with this disk having none standard partitions or something? Maybe the channel is stored in an unexpected area of the disk for your chip or something, just guessing - I wouldn't be surprised if the channel is on an extra dvd partition entirely.

lou_weed

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
the channel installer is inside the game , not on the usual first partition (i believe its on the third, like the vc-games in SSBB)

Bob Evil

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Scoobos said:
Get into the habit of burning at 6x. It's the Wii's native read speed and you will get better results.

I don't know the answer to your question as I use the original, but the channel does install - it takes a loong time though and appears to connect to the web during the install (I use Nintendo Wifi USB Connector on my PC and can see the Wii connecting).

Maybe its to do with this disk having none standard partitions or something? Maybe the channel is stored in an unexpected area of the disk for your chip or something, just guessing - I wouldn't be surprised if the channel is on an extra dvd partition entirely.

It is not a burn speed issue. I have always burned at 4x ... for years, on many different systems ... they always work.

I do know that the disc has 3 partitions ... update, game & channel installer.

Scoobos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't be so closed minded. You can get SSBB working on 30p dual layer disks at 6x on a Wii.

The always, on every system shows your frustration a little - I'd beg to differ you get anything to run on a Mega CD at 4x.

not trying to be pedantic, just got a sniff of "no no no" in your reply. Try it - see what you find - I reckon your Wii cd rom will make less noise , if nothing else.

Back on track though, I reckon if they are on new partitions, then its not unreasonable to think that the chip you are using is causing the problem and may need an update - OR maybe you can edit the iso and put the partition where the chip wants it. (I'm thinking like the Wiinja SSBB find).

You can buy the game today though, and prob have it by Wednesday - I got mine from Game today.

Bob Evil

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Scoobos said:
Don't be so closed minded. You can get SSBB working on 30p dual layer disks at 6x on a Wii.

The always, on every system shows your frustration a little - I'd beg to differ you get anything to run on a Mega CD at 4x.

not trying to be pedantic, just got a sniff of "no no no" in your reply. Try it - see what you find - I reckon your Wii cd rom will make less noise , if nothing else.

Back on track though, I reckon if they are on new partitions, then its not unreasonable to think that the chip you are using is causing the problem and may need an update - OR maybe you can edit the iso and put the partition where the chip wants it. (I'm thinking like the Wiinja SSBB find).

You can buy the game today though, and prob have it by Wednesday - I got mine from Game today.

Do me a favour ... don't patronise me ... I have been gaming for 32 years, and pirating for 25 ... talking to me like I'm some school kid will just make me switch off to you.

EDIT : And my 4x SSBB works perfectly.

Mailenste

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
As already stated in the release thread, I have the same problem: Can't install Mario Kart Wii Channel.
Screens turns black and I have to turn off the console and restart again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My system:

PAL Wii 3.2E (launch system; updated a few weeks ago when the Wii Ware mail came in)
WiiKey 1.9s (updated from 1.9g to 1.9s when 1.9s has been released)

Never had any double channels and never used any channel remover or stuff like that.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will try to move a VC game from the 1st to the 3rd page. Maybe that's the problem. And I will try if trucha signed games still work for me or not. I have a bad feeling about this one...

boxhunter91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thebobevil he is just suggesting to take another approach. He is doing what you require in the thread (HELP YOU OUT). Your the one that is being rude.

Mailenste

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
boxhunter91 said:
But maybe he is right. Try burn the ISO at 6X. If not it could most certainly be an error with the YAOSM chip.
I did burn it at 4x, 8x & 16x. It's always the same. Black Screen Of Death, if you try to install the Mario Kart Channel.

Bob Evil

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
boxhunter91 said:
But maybe he is right. Try burn the ISO at 6X. If not it could most certainly be an error with the YAOSM chip.

It can't be the speed ... it would affect more than this one thing, plus, some people on other boards are reporting the error, too ... they have different chips, some of them, and report a selection of speeds, media & burning software.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one