Hacking Who hasn't yet installed arm9loaderhax? Why?

Why?

• Total voters

FakeFraud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get it why hasn't anyone done it yet.
While downgrading, your New3DS has a higher risk of bricking. But Its not the case for Old3DS users. Why? Why haven't you installed arm9loaderhax yet? Comments and the poll too.

Advantages of arm9loaderhax
- That thing is fast.... sysNAND boot speeds for all CFW.
- No need of an EmuNAND. Feel free to update your sysNAND. This also saves ~1GB space on your SD Card.
- sysNAND brick protection.
- Region Free (If using Luma3DS)

For those of you who rely on Cart games, (Which you bought yourselves) (and you dont use CIAs) people are working on a solution for A9LH which will make your 3DS boot even without the SD Card (i.e. The CFW would be on your NAND!!)EDIT:SHADOWNAND!

To get help while installing a9lh, either post your query here, here or here.
Hey, I want A9LH but I need to downgrade my OLD 3DS XL from 11.2.0-35U to 9.2.0U

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just did another CFW yesterday and no a9lh again. Why? I like to backup my whole SD card once in a while to have a complete backup. that is easier on emunand than on sysnand where you have to copy the folder + get a fresh NAND.bin.
I do not mind the longer boot time, but I hate a risk of bricking when doing downgrades and OTP stuff. so I went with emunand once again.

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I just did another CFW yesterday and no a9lh again. Why? I like to backup my whole SD card once in a while to have a complete backup. that is easier on emunand than on sysnand where you have to copy the folder + get a fresh NAND.bin.
I do not mind the longer boot time, but I hate a risk of bricking when doing downgrades and OTP stuff. so I went with emunand once again.
When you say you backup your whole SD card, you mean like creating a .img of your SD card?? Not sayinf you shouldn't or anything, but that's not something people often do I think :P
Anyway, you seem to be one of those people who think that a9lh means no emuNAND. That's not true, you can perfectly keep using an emuNAND with a9lh (so you can keep doing your "full backups" but still enjoy a9lh features).
Not contesting the "risk of bricking" though.

SirAileron

Seeker of Truths
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Went from menuhax to a full a9lh shop. I must say, the simplicity, and the 100% boot rate is really nice. This stuff is also so much easier to explain to other people, as it comes with effectively zero caveats for use.

Soulsilve2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am still in the process of installing a9lh is closest to where I'm at.I can do quite abit with just having access to the HBL.I'm still stuck on 11.0 since I dont want to send my system for a hardmod or look for another 3ds.Now that Slowhax/Waithax is a thing I'm close to downgrading.

pokemonshuffler12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get it why hasn't anyone done it yet.
While downgrading, your New3DS has a higher risk of bricking. But Its not the case for Old3DS users. Why? Why haven't you installed arm9loaderhax yet? Comments and the poll too.

Advantages of arm9loaderhax
- That thing is fast.... sysNAND boot speeds for all CFW.
- No need of an EmuNAND. Feel free to update your sysNAND. This also saves ~1GB space on your SD Card.
- sysNAND brick protection.
- Region Free (If using Luma3DS)

For those of you who rely on Cart games, (Which you bought yourselves) (and you dont use CIAs) people are working on a solution for A9LH which will make your 3DS boot even without the SD Card (i.e. The CFW would be on your NAND!!)EDIT:SHADOWNAND!

To get help while installing a9lh, either post your query here, here or here.
i havnt because i dont know how, and i dont want to risk "permantly" damaging the 3ds.

Reactions: naddel81

MD5HASH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been stuck with 11.1 and waiting for an exploit to come out...

But I think I might be ready now - I have an entry point (ninjhax) and slowhax compatible dsiware (Legends of Exidia). Are Slowhax/Waithax in a usable state now, or do I still need to wait longer?

Darkterras

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have been stuck with 11.1 and waiting for an exploit to come out...

But I think I might be ready now - I have an entry point (ninjhax) and slowhax compatible dsiware (Legends of Exidia). Are Slowhax/Waithax in a usable state now, or do I still need to wait longer?

Dont know if it is unstable but i get a O3ds next week with 11.2 and Zelda Four Swords.
Gonna try the waithax method and will report results.

If it doesnt work i will use the transfer method.

Reactions: naddel81
D

Deleted User

Funny,I was only pro emunand about a month ago.Then I switched to a9lh after beating sun and moon since I had nothing to lose anymore.A9lh installations aren't perfect though due to the otpless downgrade being removed,so much for my 1% theory.However ctr transfers seem to be improved now if you don't use decrypt9 with menuhax installed from my personal experience,and you clear the extra data when the guide tells you to do it.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Dont know if it is unstable but i get a O3ds next week with 11.2 and Zelda Four Swords.
Gonna try the waithax method and will report results.
If it doesnt work i will use the transfer method.
Waithax doesn't work on 11.2.

Funny,I was only pro emunand about a month ago.Then I switched to a9lh after beating sun and moon since I had nothing to lose anymore.
EmuNAND and A9LH aren't mutually exclusive.

Reactions: HyperT
D

Deleted User

Waithax doesn't work on 11.2.

EmuNAND and A9LH aren't mutually exclusive.
Yeah you can run a emunand on a9lh too,but once you have a9lh on the sysnand it makes emunand pointless to keep.It makes a good fallback plan though if ninty patch out the sysnand from keeping a9lh

Last edited by ,

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah you can run a emunand on a9lh too,but once you have a9lh on the sysnand it makes emunand pointless to keep.It makes a good fallback plan though if ninty patch out the sysnand from keeping a9lh
I would argue that A9LH+EmuNAND offers the best protection; EmuNAND certainly isn't pointless.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :cry: You arent'? :cry:
    [tells my mom not to send you anymore Christmas presents] :evil: :rofl2: :tpi:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im a minor
    So. I'm a Major
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im under 18
    I'm waaaaaaaaaay over 18. lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that makes you a pedo
    Pedo = 1. child 2. boy 3. ? I forgot. But I wish I were still a "Boy" :sad::cry::cry::cry:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant simping over someone under 18 while you are over 18 makes you a pedophile
    And when did I "simp" you?
    Just go make me the darn coffee :angry:
    Tea?
    LoL lmao
    L8er dude. going to watch YT's on the Ukraine/ruskie war.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi,tbh i think im
    not interested in whats going on irl
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    tomorrow's memorial day, so i've been looking for a playlist, but it's all just country and alternative rock
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, memorial day for who?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    why the hell can't i find one with a song about the soldiers who died in battle, the very reason we celebrate
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Bake them a cake :ninja:
    +1
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    I can change my name back tomorrow
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, what will your new username be?
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    My original one
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Stayin inside for memorial day. Just like other holidays, most people dont care or think about the actual reasons behind it. For most it's just another reason to get shit faced drunk and spout off hyper-patriotic nonsense. The Trumpers around here going to be out in full force with their trucks and guns and flags making noise all over town. Hard pass.
    +1
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Stayin inside for memorial day. Just like other holidays, most people dont care or think about... +1