Who was urza?

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
dinofan01 said:
War said:
DeMoN said:
He always made you feel like you did something horribly wrong.
cry.gif
This. I didn't really chat with him much, but he seemed like a very knowledgeable guy.
He was basically FAST with a terrible attitude.
haha. Thats honestly the best description in this thread so far. I joined around the time Urza cam back like for a month then pretty much left. He seemed like a jerk at times but I loved seeing a certain blog post where he pretty much flamed everyone he hated and JPH edited it and got it trouble.

Why was he banned the second time?
For the same reason he was banned the first time, he wasn't supposed to be unbanned at all..

And in all honesty, I have yet to see anyone even near to FAST knowledge and way of writing..Urza knew some stuff, more then most others, but I wouldn't compare his knowledge to FAST, even near..

WB3000

Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure he wasn't a bad person overall, but the only encounter I've had with him can be described by this statement...

QUOTE said:
He made an argument with me and flamed me, even tho he was in wrong and I've proved it, and all that because I was a "newcomer" and he thought I was a n00b and that he can do with me whatever he wants..

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
People leave forums all the time on the net, its just how thing go. People get bored, get mad, move on, it happens to everyone.

One day eventually all of you will leave, for whatever reason. If you are remembered by members here count yourself lucky. Especially if you are remembered fondly.

But one day when you log in, it will be for the final time, weather you planned it or not.

This is your fate, embrace it, it is futile to fight it.

This I promise you.

p1ngp0ngsmiley.jpg

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For people having the wrong idea that he was ever kicked out of staff, he wasn't.
He told Costey he didn't want to be staff a few times, then not much longer later he just took off. He's not supposed to be banned, he wasn't forcefully kicked out or told to go away. He just left.

p1ngdong said:
People leave forums all the time on the net, its just how thing go. People get bored, get mad, move on, it happens to everyone.

One day eventually all of you will leave, for whatever reason. If you are remembered by members here count yourself lucky. Especially if you are remembered fondly.

But one day when you log in, it will be for the final time, weather you planned it or not.

This I promise you.

p1ngp0ngsmiley.jpg
Bravo, good sir. Bravo~

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
p1ngdong said:

This I promise you.

p1ngp0ngsmiley.jpg
Negative. Only death will stop me from visiting this site. But then again, if I were a demon I'd still visit here after I die.
evil.gif

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Sarvesh50 said:
SoulAnger said:
da_head said:
@p1ngy: that shit was deep
And a hard one to flush.

If urza was still here, you can bet he would flame my thread into ash.
unsure.gif
lol

Q:
When its going to released?

A:
Urza: Flame!!!!!
lol like 1000 times

Probably got pissed off with the fact that people had to ask when a game is being released, especially when all a person would have to do is either look on Wikipedia or GameFAQs.

At least he's not here to see every single "What game should I play?" thread.

Sarvesh50

Aye!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Use gamespot for those things if u want play new games but since if have an dstt i am wondering wich game i have top play even gamespot cant help me now

Deleted member 110780

WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've known him in real life for years, but I had to end my friendship with him for a lot of reasons that I won't go into. His brain is completely fried and he can't really remember anything. He's in his fifth year of high school and probably won't graduate because he can't get his shit together. He plans on moving out without a job, and doesn't plan on getting one. He's pretty crafty so his "plan" might work, though it's weird that he doesn't put it into effect right now to make some money.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
it would be nice if urza made a comeback and posted in this tread to set the record straight. i will not speak for him but i will say some things on his behalf. since i got on with gbatemp i never had an issue with urza. his threads almost always made me laugh. i think people take forums way to seriously and they forget to take a step back and read text in different contexts. urza hated stupidity brought on from laziness and lack of curiosity. if you spent time researching your own problems, learned a little and then asked a rational question, urza took care of you by giving you more knowledge to aid the answer seeking.

urza had some really good ideas for the way a homebrew forum should be run. he had some good plans for life after gbatemp, but they never got put into play. it is too bad because we could use his knowledge.

i'm actually idle with him still to this day but have not said much in awhile. every time we did chat he had nothing but interesting things to say and he always made me laugh.

i think gbatemp without the lazy people, a gbatemp without the flood of 12yr olds, a flash linker world where kits still cost over $130 -- would be a world in which urza still posted.

that should really sum it up.

-another world

SoulAnger

MENUdo's Developer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was waiting for you to post Another World.
smile.gif

That post of yours, is precise and very true. Right on the g-spot baby!
wink.gif

If you wouldnt take him seriously, he is pretty funny. But sinced his targets are mostly n00bs, those n00bs will get culture shock, and would take urza seriously.
Oh and the flood of 12 year olds? Yeah, I bet he thinks this is hell already.
tongue.gif

Speaking of urza, do you know where he is right now, AW?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ