• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Who was your favorite American President?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 3,711
  • Replies 42
  • Likes 1

chaoskagami

G̷̘̫̍̈́̊̓̈l̴̙͔̞͠i̵̳͊ţ̸̙͇͒̓c̵̬̪̯̥̳͒͌̚h̵̹̭͛̒̊̽̚
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Didn't know things were that bad.

It's going downhill fast. The latest is Trump going through with installing a puppet in the supreme court, and the whole of congress ignoring sexual assault accusations against the candidate. They supposedly conducted an "investigation" but the FBI was unable to even talk to people due to congress' orders on the investigation, so it was just for show. The whole thing has been a farce. This candidate, amongst other things, has said he wants to reverse important rulings like Roe vs Wade (abortion rights), and this also will give the republican party complete control over the Supreme Court.

They've also killed net neutrality, and now they're attempting to push through a bill that would turn the library of congress' copyright person into someone installed by the president rather than voted upon. I can hope that one dies, but it's already past the house.

The election in some states was provably manipulated by hacking, and people at the Black Hat conference showed how easy it was to tamper with voting machines (and I mean ACTUAL ones.) It's likely the primaries will be manipulated as well, since the relevant states have made no efforts to improve security or even investigate.

Meanwhile, the trade war with China has caused problems for businesses.

There's also the issues with ICE detaining children that were denied immigration, separating them from parents, and putting them in facilities that vaguely resemble concentration camps, and there's been more than a few instances of the ones who returned to their home country being assesed as having been sexually assaulted and traumatized.

The TV news is all pretty much propoganda at this point, or at best carefully omitting details, and this is thanks to laws preventing propoganda being repealed before Trump's presidency.

Then there's all the people who are being denied the ability to vote on absurd basis, and that the federal government has started to require absurd rigour to get a passport (like an original copy of a birth certificate or some shit, not a notarized copy from the town.)

I could go on. There's all sorts of other minor shit going on too, and the worst part is that nobody, not even the democrats seem willing to stop it. I suspect they're just as corrupt.

tl;dr It's getting bad, and it can only get worse.

Oh, and people ARE protesting. They just aren't covering it at all.

Last edited by chaoskagami,
Reactions: The Catboy

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
It's going downhill fast. The latest is Trump going through with installing a puppet in the supreme court, and the whole of congress ignoring sexual assault accusations against the candidate. They supposedly conducted an "investigation" but the FBI was unable to even talk to people due to congress' orders on the investigation, so it was just for show. The whole thing has been a farce. This candidate, amongst other things, has said he wants to reverse important rulings like Roe vs Wade (abortion rights), and this also will give the republican party complete control over the Supreme Court.

They've also killed net neutrality, and now they're attempting to push through a bill that would turn the library of congress' copyright person into someone installed by the president rather than voted upon. I can hope that one dies, but it's already past the house.

The election in some states was provably manipulated by hacking, and people at the Black Hat conference showed how easy it was to tamper with voting machines (and I mean ACTUAL ones.) It's likely the primaries will be manipulated as well, since the relevant states have made no efforts to improve security or even investigate.

Meanwhile, the trade war with China has caused problems for businesses.

There's also the issues with ICE detaining children that were denied immigration, separating them from parents, and putting them in facilities that vaguely resemble concentration camps, and there's been more than a few instances of the ones who returned to their home country being assesed as having been sexually assaulted and traumatized.

The TV news is all pretty much propoganda at this point, or at best carefully omitting details, and this is thanks to laws preventing propoganda being repealed before Trump's presidency.

Then there's all the people who are being denied the ability to vote on absurd basis, and that the federal government has started to require absurd rigour to get a passport (like an original copy of a birth certificate or some shit, not a notarized copy from the town.)

I could go on. There's all sorts of other minor shit going on too, and the worst part is that nobody, not even the democrats seem willing to stop it. I suspect they're just as corrupt.

tl;dr It's getting bad, and it can only get worse.

Oh, and people ARE protesting. They just aren't covering it at all.
I don’t know what they expect to find by claiming the FBI didn’t interview both of them further. The fact that people think this is a missing peice to the case is ridiculous. They already spend 7 hours in front of the world and Judicary committee already testifying under oath, asking them questions, going through his year book, from which Kavanaugh could go to jail for lying under oath about a fart joke on his year book. And at most they can get from Ford was nothing.

None of her witnesses she named can corroborate her claims, and all witnesses flat out denied all allegations. Even her life long friend Leland doesn’t even recall this party ever happened or even remember ever meeting Brett Kavanaugh. Ford also refused to hand over her therapy notes to the GOP or the FBI. Kavanaugh also kept a detailed calendar of his youth to all the sports events he attended and all the parties he went to with names and places which contradicts Fords claims. Even if charges were pressed the case wouldn’t be strong enough to take to a criminal trial because of lack of evidence.

There are too many inconsistencies and wholes in her story. She doesn’t know who invited her to the party and how she got home. She doesn’t know when, where, why, and how it happened.

They did not ignore sexual assault allegations at all. It’s ridiculous that people say whoa they left out key witnesses or that now you can’t take the FBI investigation seriously. Democrats were the ones that wanted an FBI Investigation and that’s what they got. FBI investigated Kavanaugh 7 times and they still weren’t pleased with the results. Then they claimed that FBI isn’t something to take seriously even though they were the ones that wanted it.

They don’t need to interview them both any further because the senators already asked them so many questions over and over again. They are not going to tell us anything new that we already know. Even with an FBI investigative report they are still not satisfied. So what do you expect them to find by pushing for further FBI investigation? If Ford can’t remember anything and that none of her whitenesses can’t coroberate anything, what do you think the FBI are expected to find with pushing the case further? All it’s going to be is he did but I can’t remember anything and have no evidence.

They were never going to be satisfied in the first place anyway no matter what they did, all because Trump picked him, that’s it, and because they disagree with his political views. This whole case was a sham from the beginning. With Democrates using delay tactics, using the FBI investigation as delay tactics, and convincing people that there’s more that needs to be done to turn people against him. It was all an effort to slander his name.

Last edited by SG854,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: ye