• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Who was your favorite American President?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 3,713
  • Replies 42
  • Likes 1

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
There a few I like which are the founding fathers.

George Washington-He rejected being King; responsible for the U.S. becoming an independent country.

Thomas Jefferson-He was against slavery, in his first draft of the Declaration of Independence, he criticized King George III for enslaving Africans and for stoping attempts to ban slavery in Colonial Virginia. He did pass the Northwest Ordinance and made slavery illegal in the upper western territories.

John Adams- Really important to the U.S. He had the belief in individual liberties. Theres a really good show that aired on HBO about him thats really accurate. His childhood and how his views shaped is really interesting.

Washington, Jefferson, Madison and other founding fathers were against slavery they felt they inherited what they thought was an evil. They did believed that all men were created equal. And they were't all talk either, there were attempts by the founding fathers to end slavery. The Northwest Ordinance being one of them.

Last edited by SG854,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
But he did invent electricity?
Actually he didn't do that either, he just ran experiments that helped in the understanding of electricity. Knowledge of electricity and it's properties goes back into the BCE eras
I am going with William Henry Harrison, because his time in office makes me laugh

Last edited by The Catboy,

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Aren't you all forgetting about Donald Trump, the greatest president there ever was? Don't you know his administration has accomplished more than almost any administration in the history of USA? Okay... off to bed now! :P

WD_GASTER2

Hated by life itself.
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what the title says.

For me, the objectively best president was Washington. But personally I liked Reagan. The guy had more style then a pack of flamingos.

"My fellow Americans, I am pleased to tell you I have signed legislation outlawing Russia forever. We begin bombing in five minutes."

interestingly enough that sentence almost started a war...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/We_begin_bombing_in_five_minutes

that being said i can respect the guy even though i could not agree with a single bit of his politics. I do believe he cared though. Also i believe that all he did he truly meant it with love for his country.

personally i like JFK though

Reactions: Deleted User

SonicMC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
President Thomas Whitmore:

"We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps it's fate that today is the Fourth of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom... Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution... but from annihilation."

Reactions: PanTheFaun

chaoskagami

G̷̘̫̍̈́̊̓̈l̴̙͔̞͠i̵̳͊ţ̸̙͇͒̓c̵̬̪̯̥̳͒͌̚h̵̹̭͛̒̊̽̚
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
No president has ever been perfect. That said, some are worse than others.

No one since America is a cancer.

As an American, can confirm. American government and more than a third of the population is cancer. Can I trade you for Justin Trudeau?

Reactions: The Catboy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima took the stage at the outset to reveal that Switch will...