• Total voters

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Even though I have to switch games all the time on my 512CF, it's enough to me.
smile.gif

CatScam

ScamaRama!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
512 that’s way more then anyone needs, I recommend sticking a screwdriver in the G6
Ram & shorting out the Ram to 128 or 64. Hell why on earth would you need all that
Ram? To have room to check out all the new games that come out every day? That’s
crazy talk! 64 Meg is all anyone needs.

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
To someone who's been using a 128 MB SD card with an MK3 for some long time, 512 MB with semi-perfect compatibility with roms and homebrew sounds like heaven to me
smile.gif

MK3... I feel for you buddie. Hope that's not your only cart :'(
512 that’s way more then anyone needs, I recommend sticking a screwdriver in the G6
Ram & shorting out the Ram to 128 or 64. Hell why on earth would you need all that
Ram? To have room to check out all the new games that come out every day? That’s
crazy talk! 64 Meg is all anyone needs.
Excellent idea, while you're at it you could use that same screwdriver to "disable" the top screen of the DS.
yaynds.gif
It'll nearly double your battery life!!!

Extreme Coder

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
To someone who's been using a 128 MB SD card with an MK3 for some long time, 512 MB with semi-perfect compatibility with roms and homebrew sounds like heaven to me
smile.gif

MK3... I feel for you buddie. Hope that's not your only cart :'(
As a matter of fact, that was my only card(with its gba card), and it even bent the pins on my DS card SLOT
cry.gif

Care to donate funds for a new flashcard/DS?
dry.gif

HugeCock

Oh My....
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have changed my mind and just thrown away my flash kits as they were not big enough. I am now holding out for a 250 GIG solution so I can hold ALL my MP3's, Most my Family Guy, American Dad, and Simpson Episodes, Some Other T-V Shows, About 300 GBA Roms and 100 DS roms oh and all NES, SNES, and GB roms. And of course I need another 15 gigs for comics....shit better make it a 300 Gig solution. I'd also like to see some swiss army knife mods to my DS so I can also use it to brush my teeth, maybe have a spork come out of it and a toothpick. Please change my vote to "no 512 Mb is not enough"

....oh wait my sarcasm has worn off....keep it where it is at. The 4G mark is good...it gets kinda scary for testing in the event there is 4 1G games that come out but it hasn't happened yet and in the event it does it won't ruin my day. I still tend to play 1 game at time. I think I played cooking mamma and Hoops at the same time which was probally the first time I was able to multitask but normally games like Slime or Mario RPG or Phoenix Wright I play one at a time.

D

Deleted User

512MB, honestly, is more than enough for me! I'll order a DS-X next week since I've already got 2 flashcards covering my GBA needs.
smile.gif

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got my DS-X today and honestly I personally will have no problem using it with only 512. IF I were to buy a commercial cartridge I would only have one game.. so having 10 to 16 games does not bother me at all..
devante is 512 enough for you?

3~4 NDS games with a handful of GBA and NES games seems like enough for me.

But, of course, I won't complain if I can fit even more.
tongue.gif
'

Tir

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So is there any more news of the new 1GB G6L? I'm waiting on that before I buy a DS but I want one now damnit.

I voted 1GB because I want 512MB for games and 512MB for music.

Mucuna

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a minisd 2gb.

I got 2 gb because I got confused with the mbit rom size thing. 1024 mbit I read as 1024 mb what would be a gigabyte!

The worse: I did completly understand what was the 4Gbit of the G6, for example.

Well.. It is good to have enough space. I have two brothers, so they choose the games they want. I put some movies too...

sonicstorm

Gamertag: Calogero91 add me.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Fine for me, I have trouble filling it up and actually playing all the games. I just like fun, and my brother just likes mario so its all good size wise.

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This debate reminds me of that Bill Gates quote about RAM.

"640K ought to be enough for anybody." - Bill Gates, 1981

Yeah thats 640k of total system memory. Thats what we used to work with. Hell, my first PC (Apple II) came with 48k and I though I was the shit when I bumped it to 64k by soldering on 4 more 4k chips.

Is 512mb enough? Of course it is. Hell you could say whatever the size of the largest possible DS game + savefile would be is 'enough'. Say 258mb?

Yes your G6's and whatnot are enough right now when the roms are 20-64mb in size. What happens later in the DS's lifespan when games start to really push the DS's hardware? What happens as NAND (or whatever they use in real carts) gets cheaper and publishers dont care about cranking out 256mb games? Assuming you will need a couple MB of space for saves, will one game be 'enough' for you?

For me 512mb is not enough. I have a 2GB card and I already feel the space squeeze. The whole point of the flashcart for me was to have tons of shit on there. If I was willing to settle for a handful of games, I could have just stuck with original carts.

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
512 is enough, but more would be nice. For video it's not really enough to fit multiple things on there but I don't use it for video.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes your G6's and whatnot are enough right now when the roms are 20-64mb in size. What happens later in the DS's lifespan when games start to really push the DS's hardware? What happens as NAND (or whatever they use in real carts) gets cheaper and publishers dont care about cranking out 256mb games? Assuming you will need a couple MB of space for saves, will one game be 'enough' for you?
Good point, but I got it planned out.. When the games get too big for my G6L 4Gb, I get the G6L 16Gb that will undoubtedly be out by then. My 4Gb will then be used for GBA games & emulation of earlier systems.

Heck, I still use my EZ-Flash Advance 256M for GBA stuff and my Bung 64M for GB stuff.
gbasp.gif
+
yaynds.gif
=
biggrin.gif

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I still see from all the technical specs I've seen on the DS carts in the past that max size has to be 1 gigbit. But by all means, I'd like to be proven wrong to support bigger games with more depth like longer RPGs.

Madrigal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I like to have lots of games and homebrew and such on there, so 512 is not nearly enough. I have a 2 hour bus ride to work every day and I like to watch movies on it as well. I have 1GB and it's barely enough...

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I still see from all the technical specs I've seen on the DS carts in the past that max size has to be 1 gigbit. But by all means, I'd like to be proven wrong to support bigger games with more depth like longer RPGs.
The technical max addressable by the DS port is apparently 4Gbit, or 512MByte (even though the largest we have seen so far is 1Gbit/128MByte) - all without using custom hardware (bank switching) like they did with some older cart based systems (so in the end it is quite possible to go as high as they'd want if they are willing to spend extra to develop and manufacture custom hardware).

IAmTheRad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
512MB is plenty. Except that now, there were a few games that I didn't want to remove in order to put in newer games. Anyways, I got meteos on my cart which I will not remove, and other titles that I want to play and finish. I delete the ones I don't enjoy, but won't delete meteos because I enjoy it immensily.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Heheh