Who's ready to hack the Atari 2600+?

kjetil_f

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Should be doable to add some custom software and stuff on in, right?

aplus.png

Reactions: SylverReZ

esmith13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My body (and 2600+) are ready!!
I'm wondering right now if there would be an advantage to soldering the missing mSD socket onto the board...
I heard you can get serial shell access via the USB-C power port but no one has figured out the login info yet.

naxil

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
mmm is a strange new hw... the console dump the cart and u after play it on emulator (on rock 256mb). probably u can add snes games to it probably... i see a review... and multiboot cart can't be played. the software dump the bootloader without the multi games inside....

Reactions: kjetil_f

esmith13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The RockChip RK328 is the same SoC found on the Evercade unsurprisingly. I bet those cartridges also contain SD NAND chips on there too.
@esmith13 Maybe this will give you some good ideas. ;)
Believe it or not, the Atari 2600+ multi-carts are made essentially just like the originals were in the 70's. They also work on original hardware, as do the controllers and paddles and vice-versa. Only the guts of the 2600+ itself are "modern", which is why it's still a glorified ROM dumper running Stella.
I give Atari props for the new cart design with the 4x2 dip allowing you to select between a max of 16 games.
Basically this new official cart format is very much like this:
https://www.pcbway.com/project/shareproject/ATARI_2600_MULTI_GAME_CARTRIDGE_PCB.html

...Unlike other things we've previously discussed ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I thought it was duck season, not... king kong season....