Hacking why aren't there alot of cheats for vita games?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Well we've only had cheat plugins for like 2-3 months or so, so obviously you're not going to get a huge database of cheats for every single Vita game out there. I don't think lack of interest is the reason, since the Vita scene has exploded since the release of Henkaku.

The release thread for RinCheat on Wololo has a bunch in the ~60 pages, you can check there and see if cheats are available for your game. http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=116&t=46982

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what i'm more interested in is if is possible to use psvita to cheat on ps4 or ps3 games. I know i have a game genie by hyperkin which is just a save editor for ps3 saves, but someone mentioned using a exploit in psvita remote play on ps4 to cheat on the fly except is all i heard. Still cheats for vita would be nice.

You can still use adrealine and psar or cwcheat plugin to cheat in psp games. :P

Reactions: Gray_Jack

UnfadingOnes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Quite a few reasons actually.

Firstly, because the cheat plugins themselves are not exactly bug free yet. Rincheat, Memdump, Gohanmem, Gohan, are all still works in progress and still require tweaking.

Secondly, I think it has to do with the way values are stored on the Vita games themselves. While certain games store values at fixed addresses, my guess is that several games have either floating, etc values that are harder to find, harder to hack. Example--Demon Gaze--tried using all 4 editors and failed to find values.

Thirdly, cheating is not a priority, it would seem, for the community. From what I have gathered so far,the priority seems to be PSP compatibility, Game Backups, Emulators, Homebrew and then save editing Vita games.

Lastly, the scene itself is quite small. While interest in the Vita has indeed picked up since Henkaku, the number of people doing things is actually still relatively small. The more famous ones are Flow, yifan, Rin, Slade, etc. If you just take a quick glance at the topics across both gbatemp and reddit, while topics have indeed exploded, at least 80% are 'I just got a Vita, how to do X?' or 'Is it possible to get Henkaku from 3.6xxx firmware' or 'Help, how do I do this?' type topics. The people who are actually experienced in hacking, programming and hex editing is still relatively quite small, at least for example compared to the 3ds.

Reactions: Condarkness

Fugelmir

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In my experience, the most effective way to cheat in games is to decrypt the gamesave with the homebrew app, modify some suspicious characters via hex and then encrypt and copy it back to the vita. Rincheat was nothing but a headache for me in its current state.

UnfadingOnes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
In my experience, the most effective way to cheat in games is to decrypt the gamesave with the homebrew app, modify some suspicious characters via hex and then encrypt and copy it back to the vita. Rincheat was nothing but a headache for me in its current state.
Problem with that is that such a method would mean real-time codes--e.g. Inf Health, Inf MP, Rage bar, whatsoever, is not possible.

Dynel81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
worth to note is that in some instances, the address we find, is sometimes moved by the game, as in, the address we initially have, moves either down a a bit or sometimes a lot.

I hacked more cheats for Dungeon Travelers 2 and found that issue. Main reason why I didn't submit any cheats, I gave advice on how to find and the relative address

Last edited by Dynel81,
Reactions: Beyondlsd

Barkermsh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Has anybody done any cheats for Football Manager 2014? I enjoy that game, but would be fun to have unlimited funds or edit players stats.. as there is no way to do this with FM14 classic.

Gootah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anybody done any cheats for Football Manager 2014? I enjoy that game, but would be fun to have unlimited funds or edit players stats.. as there is no way to do this with FM14 classic.

Grab the lastest GoHANmem and try making the cheats yourself. If you're looking for something as simple as a money value, it could be VERY easy.

hanseo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it easier than to find cheats on 3ds than vita? because the amount of titles with codes is huge difference between platforms

Last edited by hanseo,

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
is it easier than to find cheats on 3ds than vita? because the amount of titles with codes is huge difference between platforms
Yes, because again, cheats for the Vita have only been possible for a couple months vs over a year for the 3DS. People have to actually make the cheats, they don't just magically become a thing for every single Vita game the second someone figures out a cheat plugin.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind me, just liking all of SDIO's posts, they deserve it for...