Not open for further replies.

Langin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey all,

I am sorry to say but I really hate one of the staff members he's arrogant thinks he's the best. I am sorry I just can't bear his posts anymore! D:

is there a reason why I can't ignore staff?

I want to ignore a reporter(ugn that must say enough already) but yeah he's just an ass. >_>

Thanks,

Langin

Ps. meh I guess I can't ignore staff since they are important?

Reactions: 1 person

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ignore them mentally. Best way always works.

That strategy worked really well for some of the members on our banned wall of shame.

Also,

X8I8V.gif

Reactions: 4 people

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand why anyone would want to ignore any of the staff members. They're all great people. Go visit GameFaqs for a month or two and you'll learn what shit staff is really like.

Funny I been using that site since like 2000 and never had an issue with staff there,but of course I don't troll or try to start pointless trouble like alot of people get off doing...

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't understand why anyone would want to ignore any of the staff members. They're all great people. Go visit GameFaqs for a month or two and you'll learn what shit staff is really like.

Funny I been using that site since like 2000 and never had an issue with staff there,but of course I don't troll or try to start pointless trouble like alot of people get off doing...

Not even on topic, but you're not on the same gamefaqs as everyone else.
A vast majority of the mods delete things because they feel like it, rules or not. I had a mod stalking me and deleting all of my posts because he didn't agree with any of my opinions, and I wasn't doing anything wrong either. Couldn't report it because the forum at the time to report this kind of stuff was moderated by the same people (brilliant system) so he simply deleted my posts. Mods run rampant because they're anon and 12.

MMX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's unbelievable that people think they have a right to not get their feelings hurt.

Scroll over it it's done and out of mind within 2 seconds

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not going to lie about it Guild, I was talking about you, so now you know that I just can't stand you. :)

Yeah, I can't stand Guild either. So to remedy the issue, I just sit down. He's got some things I agree with, but for most things I can just say, "Oh, it's Guild... Oh, well". Then I move on with my life. Now, I can tell you that being on someone's ignore list is never fun. Especially for extended periods of time like I've been. I doubt they even care anymore, but sometimes people have so many people on ignore they just forget about taking someone off. (I'm not insinuating anything about said person, just stating a common forum practice). Putting someone on ignore for any reason other than personal harassment (report them too), or spam is just silly. If they're that annoying, the mods will usually take care of them. Otherwise, they may have something important to say from time to time.

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's unbelievable that people think they have a right to not get their feelings hurt.

Scroll over it it's done and out of mind within 2 seconds
GBAtemp has cultivated some professional reaction-baiters. These days mods here embrace them, but I've learned how to not be reactive to such baiting tactics.

S

SixSenseEagle

He can be a word at certain times, but at least he gets the job done... If you request something in a appropriate manner :).

Ps. You don't have to like him, but respect him for what he does for this community.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can't take what Guild says and just mentally ignore then there is something wrong with you and I suggest you seek some kind of help from an professional.

I'm being totally serious like Guild is on all of his posts.

Yes Guild is a dick but he's our dick and we like to stroke him.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can't take what Guild says and just mentally ignore then there is something wrong with you and I suggest you seek some kind of help from an professional.

I'm being totally serious like Guild is on all of his posts.

Yes Guild is a dick but he's our dick and we like to stroke him.

I think you're one of the reasons there's an 'E' in Guild's Ego.

Reactions: 2 people

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Being a lowly mag staff the only thing I can do there is post HTML, edit titles of threads and edit my posts without the "edited at time" thing coming up unless I want it to. Moreover although ninjas often aim to have it appear as though their actions were random acts of the universe or the fault of another entirely one sealed their work there and taking credit for that (especially as they are already a bit pissed at me for the whole killing the ninja king business) is not the done thing.

actually posts diarrhea. Which is impossible

Physically yes but diarrhea has been used in a technical context for decades now- see the skull/disease in bomberman that causes you to drop bombs until you run out being known as diarrhea.

Back on topic *stretches* and posts an entirely serious list.

Michael Patcher not only has a clue about what he is talking but some of it might be right and ignoring all he says, assuming you have an interest in the business side of things either in general or to attempt to guess whether something will be expanded or get a sequel, is foolish to an untold degree.

Jim Sterling (some people dislike him right?) usually both does good reviews and makes good points in various shows he does.

The reason you do not like that Zero Punctuation guy is unlike most other reviewers he seems to be of the stance that games have already made it as an entertainment medium and can be accorded merit by similar means to said other mediums (judged by story/immersion achievement/overall experience and compared to other items within the medium) as such as opposed to the more apologist and/or mechanical approach that others take in their reviews. As such requiring scores in the 6-9.9 range and a mechanical assessment/breakdown of abilities of a game makes you a bad person.

Nintendo first party games are not all shining beacons for the world to study and live by
To go further there
Kid Icarus was a hand killing piece of crap and although I am far too lazy to improve level design my first order of business once I have a 3ds that is capable of playing custom commercial ROM images and have done the basic making a cheat and minor asset tweaking is to mod the game to prove that something minor could fix it.
Not every Zelda game is good and I am not even being cute and including the CDi ones/Zelda 2 (apparently this has to be ignored) and for the most part can at best be considered a notable series.
Super Smash brothers is a halfway amusing fighting game but utterly ignorable with the exception of the damage to improve chances of a ring out mechanic even among the novelty fighting game sub sub sub genre.

Holding games up as a competition grade piece of kit is laughable and some of the choices seen there vis a vis banning certain concepts frequently betray competition/contest/game theory. By all means have competitions in a game though but expecting it to be respected by people in general.... yeah.

The likes of phone and web games are not all simple toys* and by virtue of the phones being more powerful and with effective lifetime of a phone being considerably shorter than a handheld if the controller thing can be cracked (see also Kid icarus above) then things could happen. The dedicated handhelds might not go away but much like some of the Chinese knockoff tablets using operating systems originally designed for mobile phones the dedicated handhelds might be something of an amusing novelty in the years to come or even rendered as an additional service/model for said mobile phone/tablet type devices. This might not happen for some time as phones were perhaps orders of magnitude more powerful than the GBA when it was still active and the DS was just an e3 presentation but impossible it is not.
Moreover having the position that the 3ds and Vita might be nice hardware but at best the price/reward ratio once games for the platforms are taken into account makes it a bad investment from the general perspective of a person that enjoys games is something you are going to have a very hard time arguing against.
*even if they were have you seen most of the GB, GBC, GBA and DS library and considered the resulting effect on effective sales volume? Good things also come of such types of games.

COD and such are almost invariably well polished games.

Achievements, trophies and such do have negatives associated with them (chief among those being how it has played out with cheats) and the lack of inclusion of them with games or platforms as a whole is not only entirely justifiable but maybe even commendable.

Diablo 3 real money auctions is not necessarily a novel concept but for it to happen in a game with the potential mass market appeal of Diablo 3 was not only a justifiable experiment but a commendable one.

Online game playing is at once bad for some games and good for others perhaps even to the detriment of the single player. The exclusion of it though or indeed the inclusion of a bad one can at once mean nothing and it could also mean something but it is not a universal for "any" game/franchise.

Pokemon has effectively not changed in years/almost since the creation of it and considering it was not perfect to begin with that is a serious opening for criticism of it.

Kingdom hearts was an amusing experiment if you are a licensing lawyer/type but could justifiably said to be lacking charm of any sort.

Metal gear solid- a (largely) bad controlling game packed with references with writing that certainly has potential but often fails basic writing technique.

The Japanese games industry, industry being an applicable term as things to get farmed out nowadays to multiple companies*, does seem to be going through a down spot at this point in time which means the output of it has been lacklustre and looking at many of the indicators the new blood or options for the old hands needed to save it/bring it back to form are not there (I do not hold out hope of there being a Japanese game brats movement a la the movie brats movement). As a shorthand "the Japanese games industry sucks" is neither racist nor is it inaccurate and for the former at least if your opinion jumped to the former you are a reactionary/oversensitive bellend.
By similar token industry is an accurate term and auteur (which is to say the putting a name brand designer on a pedestal) design is perhaps a hard to shed human trait but an inaccurate one.
*see also why you do not set up a tech company outside parts of Canada, California, Washington, New York and maybe Texas or New Mexico, the concept of the brain drain or indeed why you do not start a film company outside parts of Canada, New York, Texas, California or maybe Washington.

K-pop is, much like the rest of pop, almost universally terrible and regardless of how good you are live if you use autotune to go robot styley you can be crucified for it. However much like the related category of audiophile if you enjoy it then fantastic but do not expect your mates to agree which is a concept that might want to be expanded a bit further.

Now I have probably used up my supply of essence of pure flamebait and it will take at least three hours for it refill (unless I wander back over to that abortion thread and go science mode again but forego tact this time) I will leave it at that.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now I have probably used up my supply of essence of pure flamebait and it will take at least three hours for it refill unless I wander back over to that abortion thread and go science mode again but forego tact this time I will leave it that.
You forgot to say that both Sonic Adventure games were terrible.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Now I have probably used up my supply of essence of pure flamebait and it will take at least three hours for it refill unless I wander back over to that abortion thread and go science mode again but forego tact this time I will leave it that.
You forgot to say that both Sonic Adventure games were terrible.

If I had to state basic laws of physics the post would have exceeded the character limit.

Edit- I did however omit that Final Fantasy 13 was a series of boring corridors, FF12 was pretty good and FF8 has an incredibly stupid final third of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Spend 50 hours playing the game