Gaming Why can't Netflix on the Wii U (or the Wii for that matter) auto play the next episode of TV shows?

duffmmann

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, this is one of those minor issues that has bugged me for a while. Does anyone have any idea why the Netflix on the Wii U can't autoplay the next episode of a tv show like it can on 360, PS3, XBone, or PS4 when one episode is over? Or for that matter why can't it do so on the Wii? I really have to doubt this has anything to do with the limitations of the consoles, as this seems like it should be a simple programming thing. Do they think we don't care? Do they have different teams working on the different versions? I think this could be the case as a friend of mine has Netflix on her Apple TV, and it is by the worst interface version I've seen of Netflix on any medium and it does look drastically different.

Has anyone have any information on whats going on here? Will this be addressed in the future? I keep hoping it will be, but with each new update I never see this nice feature added in. Like I said, its not a big issue, but it would be nice to have this, as it makes binge watching of shows way easier and more fun, plus I love to fall to sleep to Netflix and sometime one episode of a show isn't enough to fall to sleep to.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Message/email Netflix customer support. It's the Netflix App for the Wii U itself that has the limitation, since basically every other player can autoplay the next episode without any problems. AFAIK not much else can be done without going into modifying the app itself, which is not possible as we know.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More importantly, why don't they support other controllers besides the gamepad for Netflix on the Wii U.

The battery life stinks on the thing and yet to watch more than one thing you either need to keep it near you or go charge it and for most people that is two different locations. Let me use a wiimote or a procontroller.

The auto start of the next episode feature on PS3 I actually find annoying more than I find it useful.

duffmmann

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More importantly, why don't they support other controllers besides the gamepad for Netflix on the Wii U.

The battery life stinks on the thing and yet to watch more than one thing you either need to keep it near you or go charge it and for most people that is two different locations. Let me use a wiimote or a procontroller.

The auto start of the next episode feature on PS3 I actually find annoying more than I find it useful.

I'm gonna disagree with you on both accounts (though I do have the extended battery life battery in my gamepad, so that is likely why battery life isn't an issue, also I just throw it in the charging dock, when I choose something to play, so it never actually dies while watching netflix). And I love bingewatching stuff when I go to sleep at night, so being able to autoplay the next episode is really beneficial to me.

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm gonna disagree with you on both accounts (though I do have the extended battery life battery in my gamepad, so that is likely why battery life isn't an issue, also I just throw it in the charging dock, when I choose something to play, so it never actually dies while watching netflix). And I love bingewatching stuff when I go to sleep at night, so being able to autoplay the next episode is really beneficial to me.

I don't get to use the charging dock. What will happen is that I will invariably run out of battery at some point while playing a game. You can't use the dock and continue playing, so I have to keep the charger plug ready for that. So using the dock means either buying a second gamepad charger, or constantly moving it back and forth.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo