Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Many reasons. Also there are different types of hackers. Black, gray and white "hat" hackers. Each do it for different reasons.

Dylaan

Trophies
XP
Country
To make sure the presence of shovelware is felt by each and every one of you...
I am currently unsure of the 'true' definition of a hacker, but wouldn't that be guys like Team Twiizers and the likes?

Ducky

QUACKJECTION!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Let me state my opinion
Lets say they work in a hacking company.
Okay.

They work in the company and get paid for each game they get and early release = more money.
The manager which tells them to do them to do that , also pays them the money.
Uploads the games into a site , For each game downloaded he gets 1 dollar(Lets say).
People download , Sites download to upload their own.. yada yada yada.

Another option
Same as above but instead of uploading to the site , the manager just sells it to site owners for a several amount of price.

Votkrath

Trophies
XP
Country
da_head said:
those marvelous groups that release our ds games (and every other piece of software) day of release, or even days before hand. why do they do it? it's obviously not for profit..
out of the goodness of their hearts?
they work in those game companies, and they hate their job?
cuz they're bored?
they wanna test/show off their ability?
fame?

i think it's a little bit of everything, wat do u guys think?

o and long live hackers
yaynds.gif

Well, that is how a normal person should behave. Let's make a comparison with file sharing, everyone SHOULD be seeders but most people are leechers and that doesn't mean the seeders should stop to seed. Only because someone (a lot of people) else is greedy and selfish why should you follow?

budrow66

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to break all your hearts... but hackers hack because of an inbuilt desire to prove the rest of the world wrong ( just like the inbuilt desire to do exactly what your parents say you can not do). Have none of you had the thrill of doing something that everyone else thinks is impossable. I know I have, and I love it. It is the same with every thrill seeking sport or hobby around the world. B.A.S.E. jumpers jump because they might die, But don't usually. Test pilots fly because they might die, But usually don't. It is the thrill of doing what is opposite what the norm is, and getting away with it. Thrill seeking. For lack of a better term. IMO the thrill of doing something everyone else thought was impossable gets me going and also what makes hackers hack. Prove yourself and see.....
Hope it helps...

Votkrath

Trophies
XP
Country
budrow66 said:
Sorry to break all your hearts... but hackers hack because of an inbuilt desire to prove the rest of the world wrong ( just like the inbuilt desire to do exactly what your parents say you can not do). Have none of you had the thrill of doing something that everyone else thinks is impossable. I know I have, and I love it. It is the same with every thrill seeking sport or hobby around the world. B.A.S.E. jumpers jump because they might die, But don't usually. Test pilots fly because they might die, But usually don't. It is the thrill of doing what is opposite what the norm is, and getting away with it. Thrill seeking. For lack of a better term. IMO the thrill of doing something everyone else thought was impossable gets me going and also what makes hackers hack. Prove yourself and see.....
Hope it helps...

You got a point there. But hackers are good, crackers are bad.

aphirst

Trophies
Website
aphirst.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes. Hacker good - cracker bad. I was about to post the same thing.
rolleyes.gif
I got ninja'd
ph34r.gif

I seed all the torrents I download for ages
blink.gif
. I hate it when people just blindly leech. Force inbound+outbound encryption, randomise ports, and use an IP Blocklist and you're AOK
wink.gif

I would say that they always have, and always will, do it, not for fame, or glory, but for the lulz.
yaynds.gif

m-p{3}

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada
These people are just software pirates (I woudn't say hackers as these are the ones who have usually good intentions behind their actions) who release them under a group name to achieve some fame among other groups from the Scene.

SavageWaffle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
First, do you understand the meaning of Hacking?
you should understand that
Hacking means to take somthing and improve it, illegaly.

And, thoses people who i call them Donators are really known. It maybe fame, and goodness of there hearts. No one would really know unless they actually interview one of them people who share the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Ahhhh ok