strata8

Look! A pointless distraction!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I recall seeing a topic almost exactly like this a while ago, but I can't seem to find it, so I'll just post this up.

Why do you pirate games/applications? Is it due to money? Laziness?

Personally, I only pirate DS games due to the absurd price of games here in Australia. Occasionally, I'll buy a game that I think is worth it (Mario Kart DS, Metroid Prime, Animal Crossing, etc, and [in the future] Scribblenauts). If I had the money, then I wouldn't pirate at all. Period.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi strata itsa me from rumble Brawler! and I pirate cos I liek downloding mudkipz and gamez and movies and some more!
smileipb2.png
smileipb2.png
smileipb2.png
smileipb2.png

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
If I don't have the money, I pirate programs. DS games I pirtate, and if I think they're worth buying I buy them, if I think they're okay but not worth paying £30 for, I don't buy them.

PC games I never pirate, I just buy them from Steam or Game, but I like Game more because you don't have to wait for the downloads
tongue.gif
And sometimes things are just stupidly expensive, but I couldn't pirate my MacBook so I bought it.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Just because it's so convenient.
Waiting a month for my pre-ordered game to arrive from Japan v.s. 2 minute-download.
Or a trip to the store (which takes 2+ hours without taking shopping time into account) v.s. 30 minutes doing other things while burning a DL DVD.

If companies don't want people to pirate, they can spend more money on anti-piracy. So I intend to send out a message, something like "You didn't spend enough money on anti-piracy so you're losing money now. If you don't like this, spend more money on anti-piracy. That's business."

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jesuschristmonkeyballs said:
Because maritime security in international waters if lax at best and a good pirate gets the best cargo.
Negative on that. Lots of pirates get killed. There was a fairly recent story about these four pirates who all got BOOM! Headshot by Navy snipers.

Bridgy84

Yub Nub
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well other than the fact i am poor i really like having all my games on one cart as i only pirate hand helds. I don't see having like 15 little carts with me at all times as being portable ya know!

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
strata8 said:
I recall seeing a topic almost exactly like this a while ago, but I can't seem to find it, so I'll just post this up.

Why do you pirate games/applications? Is it due to money? Laziness?

Personally, I only pirate DS games due to the absurd price of games here in Australia. Occasionally, I'll buy a game that I think is worth it (Mario Kart DS, Metroid Prime, Animal Crossing, etc, and [in the future] Scribblenauts). If I had the money, then I wouldn't pirate at all. Period.
That's why I started doing it, I have around 30+ DS Games that I have and now I think I have done my part I deserve to pirate. Anyway I also did it because carrying all those games around I dropped lots of them on the train one time (Luckily I picked them all up). Another reason is because sometimes the games I want aren't in store or haven't come out in Australia yet. Though from time to time if a game is really decent I will buy it.

jesuschristmonke

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DeMoN said:
jesuschristmonkeyballs said:
Because maritime security in international waters if lax at best and a good pirate gets the best cargo.
Negative on that. Lots of pirates get killed. There was a fairly recent story about these four pirates who all got BOOM! Headshot by Navy snipers.

Yeah, that was after a series of high profile heists that got an American crew held, of course that will get the perps shot.

Hundreds of these happen without incident.

Alato

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I used to go to Wal-Mart, go to the DS section and just look through the glass and pick a few games I wanted to have, or at least play.
I also wished that there was some system like a DS where it just has a bunch of games and you can pick which one you want to play.
I also wished I could play music and videos on my DS(had heard of some things that could do it, like the Max Media Dock, but they were too expensive. Did consider saving for it, though).

Then I stumbled on info about the M3, did a lot of research, and ended up buying an M3 Simply, which was the best choice at the time. All those dreams came true. :]

I'm by no means wealthy, at all(hard to find a job at my age, and my parents certainly don't have a lot of money). So, I pirate DS games. Still own a few though.

Also, I don't pirate games on actual television consoles, as long as they're not a decade old.

r9delta

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because I'd rather spend my money on more important shit. Of course that doesn't always apply because I still buy a lot of games too, I'd just rather know for sure beforehand that they're good ones. Keep in mind I'm not saying it's an excuse for my pirating either. I really don't care to be quite blunt.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good deal. I love Sun chips. I also love Rye chips, and had to order some from Amazon cause can't find in stores much anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking subways like that'll be $3
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is funny how they replaced the $5 foot long sub, with a 1" wide $5 foot long cookie or cinna stick, cheap asses
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They still have but it's like $10 cookies honestly not a bad deal for $5
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bidenomics
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/1Ic2tqw_AmM?si=JprHwElZWw_oO_ii