Gaming why do you pirate

why do you pirate

• because im broke (but aint we all with the horrible ecconomy)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • because i don't plan on impotin no games

• because i wanna try before i buy

• because i want all the games iown on 1 cart

• Total voters

wafflestick

(insert title here)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) why not?
2) im not spending cash i dont have
3)its enjoyable
4)all games in 1 cart
hate2.gif

its as simple as that
ph34r.gif

mrgone

old man
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
when i found out about trainers/intros and translations, i got my gb-xchanger for the gbc.
then i just moved along to the gba and then the ds.

i got the ds actually, when i wanted to play the undubbed version of lunar knights (still not as good as boktai though)

of course, not having to carry a lot of games with me around is also a plus

ps: i do buy games i really like (giana sisters, dragon quest 9, metal slug 7, chrono trigger)

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
What is this "Piracy" that you speak of xD?
Anyways, in all seriousness I find almost no point in pirating any DS games since most of them seem to fail anyways (except Tales of Innocence =D)...out of the 5000+ nds roms, most look boring. Thus I stick with my pirating of music and anime because I'm obviously a freak who could care less about games and more about anime.

As for why I pirate music and anime, because I have no other way of obtaining them without me getting beat to death by my parents for wasting money (don't ask me why they don't understand anime...I just don't have the capacity to understand their reasoning).

kevan

Imagination rules the world
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i got money

but im cheap

i own Pokemon Platinum, Chinatown Wars, FF3, Band Hero, New Super Mario Bros, Mario And Luigi: Partners in time (I never bought this game, I find it in the car one day, I did not buy it and nobody bought it for me), DBZ: SuperSonic Warriors 2 and maybe a couple more i can't think of right now

But i pirate any other i want

StupidGamer1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The reason for me is the horrible economy hands down. Games shouldn't be $50-$60 either because gaming is more wide spread then 20 years ago. Buying games are just too expensive with cost of living going up every month,bills get higher rates and taxes go up and then some. Not to mention that not many high-paying jobs are hiring or will they be anytime soon.

I work retail and I F---ing hate it. However you have to make money to put food on the table,clothes on your back and a roof over the head. not to mention due to "no one hiring" in MI at the moment...if ever! "pirating" is the only way I can enjoy the titles I really want. now when this generation ends and games go WAY down in price, THEN I may be able to pick the ones I pirated that I really enjoy multiple play throughs.

Can't say I am proud to pirate but since renting services are expensive and I have so much to pay for. If playing a title through little hacking on my console is achieved then I'll continue to do so until this gen ends.

FlashX007

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Entertainment has high value in todays world. Unfortunately the economy does not have high value in todays world which leads me to finding easier ways to find affordable ways of entertainment and other things.

Hatchetball

RepititionRedundancyRepitition
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Gamestop has overpriced every game they have, make you pay for a membership, makes you pay for a warrenty for used games (don't have even a 1 hour warrenty), if you do have to return a damaged item-that was damaged and sold to you- they will only give store credit IF that, they won't replace it... I could list a bunch of crap just on them lol
2. I mainly do it to test games.
3. As alot of people said, I'd rather have a bunch of games on one cartidge then have to switch every time I want to play something else.
4. With a destroyed US economy and retarded president, no one has money to buy anything. over 400 million people are on foodstamps as is. The Lower and Middle class alone, the total is over 400 million... that's insane.
5. Fuck Nintendo. They targeted fan-sites after they released Pokemon Black and Pokemon White in Japan. Why? Cause hackers like me already dumped the game and handed out ROMs lol But really, they targeted a bunch of fan-sites that have been covering the games for years now. Forcibly made them remove all the pictures of the game, all the sprites, etc. Not just all fan-sites though, only the most popular -world reknown- fan-sites.

So. Simply. I pirate to piss Nintendo off for how they treat their paying fans.
I fully support all other Companys that release games just not Nintendo. I'm pirating Mario cause I'm not handing $50 to a company that treats huge fans like crap
wink.gif

windwakr

Trophies
Website
windwakr.github.io
XP
Country
United States
Because I'm a cheap bastard. As long as it's possible to pirate, I will. As soon as the 3DS comes out(ONLY 6 months away...
sad.gif
) and gets flashcarts(matter of when, not if. DSi had no motivation to get cracked, 3DS will), I'll buy one of those and never buy any 3DS games.

Now, PC games are something different, I buy those. I just feel like supporting PC developers more than DS ones.

mangaTom

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I pirate games because of 2 reasons:
1.Good games don't reach here,especially in my place,you have to import which I don't really like but still an option.
2.Some games are somewhat overpriced(?) based on their quality so why buy those crap(not the game itself but the quality,graphics,gameplay etc.)but still I love those games though not just worth my money.

Though this may change in the 3DS,maybe I'll become legit customer though it still depends if there will be downloadable demos since some games may look good in pics(considering it graphical capability) but in actuality its pure crap.

macgeek417

妁眼のシャナ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, recently I have not been pirating near as much as I had been - I have been using my DS more for emulation of older systems, and for multimedia, than I have for DS games.

I pirate music because I refuse to pay money for something I can otherwise get for free - If I couldn't download music I would just listen to the radio or copy CDs from the library.

When I first got my first flashcart - an Acekard 2i - I got it for homebrew. I didn't even consider the fact that I could copy games with it. I then realized I could put all my games on 1 card, so downloaded the 12 or 13 games I have legit. The first game I pirated was a game that I would otherwise have never bought - FFCC Echoes of Time. (Just as a note, if I still could find a new copy of that game, I would buy it - that is one of the very few games that is worth every cent it costs). At the time I had never played any decent RPG games, so piracy got me into RPG games. I currently pirate games for the following, simple, reason: I stopped buying games because only a tiny fraction of the DS's entire giant game library are in any way, shape, or form, worth buying. What games are worth buying are never in phisical stores for very long. If developers made games worth buying, I would have never started pirating. (Protip to spies from Nintendo: If you make sure developers do NOT release shovelware, and maybe force them to provide demos of games of games via download, as well as giving the 3DS multimedia capabilities, I might not pirate 3DS games...)

[/giant post]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: That's cool, lots of cool games available for PS3. Game on! +1