Hacking Why Does Everyone Hate On SX OS?

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
someone who doesn't want to purchase an item from a company that has shady practices
So you don't buy clothes or jewellery or food or anything? You don't buy gas for your vehicle? You don't buy vehicles?

Maybe you should look up the history of all the products you use on a daily basis and practice what you preach instead of just singling out one company.

What's stopping them from dropping support once the next best CFW comes out and sales dry up? What will all of their suppoters say then?
Being someone who owns an sxos license, if I had a spiffy new cfw on par with sxos I wouldn't really give two shits and would use it. Alas we don't have such a thing so I will stick with sxos for now.

Linux is great, I use it sometimes, it's free, it's great when you are in a pinch. It suffers from distro overload though and I wouldn't use it as a daily driver, I have Windows for that. Having said that, without sxos I fear it would be the same on the switch, many different cfw all with different ways of doing things. Fuck that.

Sxos. One cfw to rule them all.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically they messed up many things, bringing in many cases more brick/ban probability. Other hate has been brought because they basically copied a lot of community work into their software without giving proper credit.
A quick recap has been posted on Discord, i'm going to share a screenshot down here:

View attachment 144446

Well, they should've done their own work instead of being plagiarizing leeches.

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
That's the only legitimate reason IMO. If you pay for something, it should work lol

So the fact that every single update they did was broken in someway isn't a legit reason? The fact that what they call revolutionary really isn't and in the case of the stealth mode is something the free alternatives had for months isn't a legit reason? Not even going to get into the code theft here but the other points are pretty legit

Freezerbomb

Likes tacos
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the fact that every single update they did was broken in someway isn't a legit reason?
No, I think that is a valid reason. They shouldn't be selling buggy software and pushing out broken updates. However, believing that hackers aren't supposed to steal code seems a bit ironic...

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
No, I think that is a valid reason. They shouldn't be selling buggy software and pushing out broken updates. However, believing that hackers aren't supposed to steal code seems a bit ironic...

Atmosphere didn't steal any code and they are hackers. Luma3DS doesn't contain any stolen code(TO MY KNOWLEDGE) and they are hackers. Being a hacker doesn't inherently make you a thief you know. Hell the developer of Atmosphere has made their anti-piracy views known lots of times

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Excuse me

Revolutions can be big or small

My daughter just learned how to throw up properly.

That is truly revolutionary.

It's not revolutionary if it's been done before since it's not actually going to change anything or add anything new

D

Deleted User

For the same reason people hated gateway on the 3ds.

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, srsly?