Hacking Why Does Everyone Hate On SX OS?

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yeah, but maybe 5% of all people are using layeredFS. This product is aimed at a different crowd. I haven't touched it. All I've done, and im sure just a few others have just ran some NSP's and XCI's along with emulators.

If that's so then why would TX even include it with their OS? Especially seeing how it cause so many issues, especially on OFW 6.0. And yes i know not EVERYONE has updated to that but many people have

Reactions: Caleb Metzger

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

See this is what i mean when i say they should do more testing before they release their updates

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

May as well ask "why do dogs lick their junk?" cuz its there. haterz gonna hate

And shills gonna shill, what's your point if you're not going to give concrete answers?

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can understand why cfw and homebrew devs here might be more upset about their own stuff being ripped off than game companies they don't work for, and when a community relies upon those devs making code for free, including TX, its in that community's interest not to aggravate them too much. Even if the stealing were identical in some abstract moral sense, its reasonable for people here to care more about one group than the other.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
They steal code and do it extremely poorly. Each update has been a complete mess because they don't test the code they've stolen and thus results in like 3 updates before it even becomes slightly stable. Not to mention the obvious shilling they have going on and the shill doing the shilling is also traffic funneling to his own site.
Plus I just hate teams like the SX team and Gateway team. They aren't helpful towards the community and often just sell people a product that they can already get for free. Most of the time they are first, but that doesn't mean they are the best.

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I don't hate it, it's not even worth it.

I just don't support it. They stole many features from the scene developers/hackers, and they're selling it as "original development". That's lame.

AngryCinnabon

Resident Iron Valiant
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada
Everyone's already said it but i'll say it too.

Brick code, lies (emunand claims) a TON of borrowed code with not even a sliver of credit, burning fuses on you, having petty fanboys who literally suck TX's metaphorical genital... there's tons more wrong with it, i personally considered SX a while ago and i still would if it wasn't for that brick code bullshit and the shoddy excuses for FTP and the like. i have plenty of images of SX fanboys literally calling people "freefags" if you need proof.

TL:DR it's your average piracy enabling modchip with some huge flaws, i'm not personally going to attack people for using SX but i hate it myself.

I'm here before it gets locked! huzzah!

D

Deleted User

Microsoft is charging for Windows and Office.
Linux is free and Open Source. LibreOffice is free and Open Source.
Why the fuck the whole world uses the paid solution instead of the free one? Right, because the paid one is a better overall package.

-snip-
Except it isn't better.
The only thing, the only small advantage, that really isn't worth it. Is xci loading. Which is going obsolete pretty quickly. Why? Well to explain
Updates are installed as nsp
DLC is installed as nsp
So what is the point of xci?
"But it takes double the space!"
Not much of a problem when you have a network installer.
Also most of the code making sx os, isn't their own. Not even custom patches to projects that are broken. (proven by stolen emunand that was broken. If they did patch things themself, they would likely redirect it to the micro sd. Like a smart person)
And of course, broken updates which I really don't need to explain.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Meriadoc

Erol

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
That is one reason. Basically the only original feature SX OS has is the .XCI loader. Everything else such as their .NSP installer, LayeredFS, Stealth Mode, all of that they stole mostly from Atmosphere.

The XCI Loader is the only feature most people care for though. Also, they make it super easy to play backups. Nothing comes close

I think people are just JEALOUS. TX are making tons of money and people are jealous that they didn’t have the same idea earlier. Now they are trying to spread FUD.

DO NOT LISTEN to the haters.

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The XCI Loader is the only feature most people care for though. Also, they make it super easy to play backups. Nothing comes close

I think people are just JEALOUS. TX are making tons of money and people are jealous that they didn’t have the same idea earlier. Now they are trying to spread FUD.

DO NOT LISTEN to the haters.

End users have nothing to be jealous of. Also nothing else comes close? Using .NSP takes ONE EXTRA STEP, it's that so hard? Really? Also no one is spreading FUD, everything mentioned here before has been proven. But of course you TX fanboys prefer to disregard those evidence and just say it's FUD because you really have no arguments to counter

Lpckid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brick code confirm coming back in 2.1 and anytime you can brick for talking bs about sx they never stole anything so they will brick you soon for saying anything plus 50$ is cheap to play all
Games a game will activate the brick code so confirm you all brick from all cfw you use so you guys can have a paper weight soon.

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Brick code confirm coming back in 2.1 and anytime you can brick for talking bs about sx they never stole anything so they will brick you soon for saying anything plus 50$ is cheap to play all
Games a game will activate the brick code so confirm you all brick from all cfw you use so you guys can have a paper weight soon.

They stole plenty. Also while 50 bucks is cheap to play all games...why do it when you can do the same thing for free? Also next time, use some punctuation on your sentences. Commas and Periods are your friends

aiat_gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
They stole plenty. Also while 50 bucks is cheap to play all games...why do it when you can do the same thing for free? Also next time, use some punctuation on your sentences. Commas and Periods are your friends

Honestly dude, your crusade againt TX is becoming like an obsession. It is like you can stand anyone actually being happy with their product...! Chill the eff out.

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if it's true or not, but the main reason why people get mad at SX is because they stole a lot of content in the past and they pretty much pick very simplistic features and name them as big things (like the Stealth Mode which is basically a DNS Blocker of some sorts) or even features that apparently don't work (their EmuNand, though i never tested it, people said it can easily get you banned anyways) but i never searched into it a lot, that's what i hear people saying mainly here.
Before the emunand that I don't know much about, pretty much the only thing they didn't steal was the xci loader. And I guess their DNS thing?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But my 3DS is loaded with emulators and 3DS games and DS games and GBA games probably thousands of games in total lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb going with my dad
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, are most of those games shovelware?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah gotta buy 3 1tb SD cards for 3ds the entire libraries need archived in my home
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    >buys x3 1TB SD cards
    >stores the entire 3DS library on them
    >installs CFW
    >realised why I wasted loads of money and resources
    +2
    Lol no I clean my sets
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cause it's in my home ready to go
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like uremum
    But 100 games on SNES and Genesis and GBA then TG16 and NES and GB and GBC then all the other random systems and arcade games it all adds up lol
    +1
    Virtual Boy alone has probably 5 games!!! Lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I won't mention any names in chat but some of us wastes $300 on preloaded hdds :tpi:
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, The PS5 had none.
    +2
    Lol I spent more than that on a stuffed 4TB drive lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly I've yet to fill the 1tb internal drive on my ps5
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, 1) except final fantasy 16. 2) why would I have a console's whole catalogue if most of the games are either shovelware or terrible games?
    Kind of a waste, but the allure of all those games over 100,000
    Some shovel ware with low ratings you might enjoy more than the ratings would sugest
    +1
    Cruisn on the Wii is one of my personal examples of that, it's considered one of the worst games of all time, I loved it and completed it several times.
    +1
    The trick for me was to go into the settings and crank up the Wiimote sensitivity to the max and it gets twitchy but you can win that way lol
    Lots of other games I enjoyed that reviews would say otherwise lol
  • btei @ btei:
    lethal company servers are down rn
  • btei @ btei:
    my pocket pikachu is going crazy rn
    Pocket Pikachu sounds dirty lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Penischu, I choose you.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol