Why hasn't Microsoft embraced gyro in their controllers yet

MikaDubbz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do feel like at this point, gyro is essentially standard, yet Xbox hasn't even touched the concept yet. I mean I get that not everyone loves gyro, but it can always be optional, and once you get a feel for it, it can really help your aiming in shooters and the like. So why is it, that Microsoft, a company that is all about accessibility and ease of use with their systems hasn't even tried to implement any form of motion control in their controllers?

Is it all just tied to what a huge failure the Kinect was? I would hope that's not the case, as the Kinect didn't use controllers at all, the issue wasn't that motion was utilized for control, the issue was that there was no controller period. I mean we all think it's silly now that just about every single Wii game had to offer motion control, but Nintendo didn't abandon motion control entirely after the Wii, they found what parts of motion controls worked and where and now continue to use it, but sparingly only where it makes most sense to utilize it. Meanwhile, Sony introduced a form of gyro with the PS3, and every system since has continued to offer it, clearly they too see purpose in the feature. Beyond all of that, I just really love how much it can help with more precise aiming in shooters and the like, so I'm always going to welcome the feature.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I vaguely remember project Newton, which was just a regular 360 pad with motion controls… I think it failed.. they never released it… but they bought out the twisty D-pad thing later on that was pretty cool..

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Idk, but full-on motion controllers should just be the controller that comes with the system. I hope at least Sony finally drops the traditional controllers as the default controller for their next console.

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Kinnect wasn't a failure, it was profitable, actually. kinnect 2.0 might have been, but this whole xone launch was a fiasco.

Why no motion sensors tho? Dunno, maybe same reason why nintendo have to achievments.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Now its being detected as 2mb lol