Why is Naruto so popular?

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A simple question, why is it so popular? The reason I ask is I used to watch/read it, loved it, I watched the entire show and read through to the beginning of the Akatsuki vs. Elder Counci Arc, then noticed how boring and generic it was, and how...generic and in Naruto's case, annoying and personalityless the characters were, and just how boring it was as a whole and my love turned to hate. So my question is, why is it so popular? I really want to know what I ever saw in that show.

I mean, I can still read/watch it because there is a part of me that can still stand it. The games are fun, too, UN 1-3 were amazing, and Rise of a Ninja/Broken Bonds were fun, too. It's the show/manga I can't stand (for the most part).

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a matter of opinion really. Personally, I thought it was "ok" to say the least. The games based off it were also "ok" to me.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KirbyBoy said:
It's a matter of opinion really. Personally, I thought it was "ok" to say the least. The games based off it were also "ok" to me.
True, it is opinion, but what riles me up is that a show of Naruto's quality should not be that popular imo.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Naruto for me is a show I won't watch for months. Then I'll binge and watch like 30 eps of it in a weekend and get sick of it again. I last did that like hmmz... 4 or 5 months ago.

EDIT: Yeah, I know this didn't answer the question:) Why is Dragon Ball so popular? That' what I really want to know, lol That a series I can't stand.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Naruto is based towards a child to young teen demographic (in the US at least). It is shown on children based networks, the blood is basically non-existent, and it is very friendly for kids in the long run as just sort of an action show. When you're young, it's easy to ignore the fact that underneath it all, it is pretty much a steaming pile. As you get older and get a sense of taste for television, you'll likely find the likes of Naruto childish, generic, and unbearable. You have to remember though, as you get older, it is no longer made to appeal to you.

Now, look at how many young people there are on the internet anymore. Now, imagine they like Naruto and google it. They find a forum about it and start posting in that 10 year old never been on a forum before way (oh man, looking at posts from the first forum I joined makes me cringe). With the amount of kids glued to the TV and consumer electronics in general, it isn't hard to see how something so popular among the kids could just get kind of out of hand.

Overall though, it's popularity has decreased. I see less and less about it, and its TV air time is substantially less than it once was. I think its time has nearly gone.

1234turtles

Memer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i liked it until i realized its nothing but flashbacks and super long conversation
also naruto is a spammer all he uses is rasengan
and he always yelling sasuke or garra names

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
KirbyBoy said:
True, it is opinion, but what riles me up is that a show of Naruto's quality should not be that popular imo.
But that's your opinion. Other people think Naruto's quality is good. It really is a matter of opinion.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holified 2x said:
I didn't start liking Naruto in tell the sasuke retrieval arc & the start of shippuden before that the anime wasn't very appealing I. was still into inuyasha
Oddly enough I still like Inuyasha. The reason for this is more because I like the author Rumiko Takahashi. Though I'm more into Ranma 1/2, a very underrated manga imo.
KirbyBoy said:
machomuu said:
QUOTE(KirbyBoy @ Jul 22 2011, 10:55 PM) It's a matter of opinion really. Personally, I thought it was "ok" to say the least. The games based off it were also "ok" to me.
But that's your opinion. Other people think Naruto's quality is good. It really is a matter of opinion.
Yes, that's my opinion. However, unlike finding out how good a show is, it is humanly possible to factually find out something's quality, and my previous statement is only an opinion because I haven't yet verified the fact.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Factually yes, but like Ikki said.

The masses like generic stuff.

I'm not saying you're opinion isn't factually right, but a lot of people still like the show despite it's quality.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KirbyBoy said:
Factually yes, but like Ikki said.

The masses like generic stuff.

I'm not saying you're opinion isn't factually right, but a lot of people still like the show despite it's quality.
You're completely right, and that's the sad part...and I'm not saying it's a bad show, but... As of now, it'd be wrong to state my opinion as fact as long as I have proof, but the worst part is that the show is so popular, but it's content isn't worth imo.

Of course, I guess until the day that we can prove a show, game, book, or manga's worth, I'll have to settle with Ikki's quote.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hyro-Sama said:
You all jealous cause you cannot do this.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9dJjyyqJ14&feature=related[/youtube]
Have you seen the guys in Naruto? They can't do that. Heck, their sense of stealth doesn't even make sense (Yeah, an orange jumpsuit, that'll blend in real well)

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
machomuu said:
Hyro-Sama said:
You all jealous cause you cannot do this.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9dJjyyqJ14&feature=related[/youtube]
Have you seen the guys in Naruto? They can't do that. Heck, their sense of stealth doesn't even make sense (Yeah, an orange jumpsuit, that'll blend in real well)

Amen to that.

I do not entirely hate Naruto. If you were to compare it o something like Bleach then Naruto being immensely popular makes sense. There are good manga out there. I find Air Gear is alright. It can be on the slow side IMO. I enjoy One Piece as well. (GFTO haters) Other than that, I have not personally read a great manga since Full Metal Alchemist.

MadClaw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The epic battles and the effort they have to put into their jutsu to make those battles better. That's why its awesome.
biggrin.gif

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why is WoW popular?
Why are iThings popular?
Why is Naruto popular?

People are retarded, and they're retarded in masses. That's why. Let 'em be.

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Part 1 built it's fanbase I guess.
I for one hate Naruto now, I used to like it but that was before I discovered One Piece.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [☎️] Hello Stan4d's teacher. Your stude...