Why is so difficult to appeal PCSX2 discord sanctions, most people in forums are pretty unhelp there. (PCSX2 discord mostly random stuff offtopic sec)

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You.. likely were dumb enough to admit to piracy, or had an obvious Pirated ISO in one of your debug logs. thier forums as well as discord is quick to (and rightfully so,) shun anyone HINTING at the slightest wiff of a pirated ISO in use,

its hard enough there to plead your case its one you dumped of your own physical Disc, and if you did indeed use a pirated game, your going to find no help here either over the Emulator.

Deleted member 608654

A scarlet letter
OP
Trophies
XP
You.. likely were dumb enough to admit to piracy, or had an obvious Pirated ISO in one of your debug logs. thier forums as well as discord is quick to (and rightfully so,) shun anyone HINTING at the slightest wiff of a pirated ISO in use,

its hard enough there to plead your case its one you dumped of your own physical Disc, and if you did indeed use a pirated game, your going to find no help here either over the Emulator.
It wasn't related to piracy, I just wanted to help them advocate for improving society by making it more people friendly, so you can use those resources to enjoy your passions instead of unnecessary automobiles. They just dumped me because they were simply angry towards me and not much else. I want to restore those relationships, but its difficult to do that after jesalvein banned me from forums.

Ask them?
tried to be polite and wanted them to advocate for better mobility(greatly reduce number of cars on road) and against the degeneracy of social media (idiocy of tiktok), this was the overall reception they had towards me. Toxic or not? I think you can decide for yourself.
https://imgur.com/gallery/gwTnLtS

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Well the first problem is you're using discord, it's a terrible place for everything. (No proper archiving)
Second is I don't really know much about it. Sure they might be toxic but I don't know how you acted either. So I will be neutral in this instance. Please don't bring drama here. You're welcome to talk about it however.

Deleted member 608654

A scarlet letter
OP
Trophies
XP
Well the first problem is you're using discord, it's a terrible place for everything. (No proper archiving)
Second is I don't really know much about it. Sure they might be toxic but I don't know how you acted either. So I will be neutral in this instance. Please don't bring drama here. You're welcome to talk about it however.
I still don't like how they treated me, how can I get over It?

How do I get a second chance?

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use Discord and there are good and bad channels like anywhere else. Just avoid the unpleasant ones, that's what I'd do.

HENkaku's Discord channel helped me upgrading and hacking my Vita which I didn't know how to (specifically to upgrade to 3.60 OFW and was done by modifying the DNS IP).

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I use Discord and there are good and bad channels like anywhere else. Just avoid the unpleasant ones, that's what I'd do.

HENkaku's Discord channel helped me upgrading and hacking my Vita which I didn't know how to (specifically to upgrade to 3.60 OFW and was done by modifying the DNS IP).
That's not the thing. It's a terrible place for anything archive relatable. Discord can anytime just nuke a whole "server" and everything is gone.

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's really dumb how performatively anti-piracy some emulator guys are. Feels really arbitrary. Oooooh, spoooooky as fuck, someone pirated a fucking iso for a console that's 20 years old. What a tragedy. A horror. Literally the same as theft and murder.

sombrerosonic

Idiot machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's really dumb how performatively anti-piracy some emulator guys are. Feels really arbitrary. Oooooh, spoooooky as fuck, someone pirated a fucking iso for a console that's 20 years old. What a tragedy. A horror. Literally the same as theft and murder.
PCSX2 people are prob scared that Sony would brutally murder them for the emulator, so there playing it safe, Honestly PSX, PSP, and PS3 didn't care one bit by sony. Maybe overreacting? Only use the emulator for Persona 3 and 4 (Gonna fuck around with C++ and OpenGL and build a recreation of 3 with all of FES and P built in)

Deleted member 608654

A scarlet letter
OP
Trophies
XP
We can't answer that since we aren't part of the PSCX2 crew
I hate how it's basically impossible to appeal a discord server ban, if they release you or not it is based on their feelings towards you. I was only on the off topic forum posting legal movies that were free with ads and philosophical stuff.

We can't answer that since we aren't part of the PSCX2 crew
Can you contact the pcsx2 crew about that on their discord?

The Google drive link is a PDF log of my forum conversations nothing else. I promise.

Deleted member 608654

A scarlet letter
OP
Trophies
XP
You pestered the people who make a console emulator to start talking about reducing road traffic?
Console emulation is a niche subject, only a select few will ever use those programs, the restrictive copyright policy as well as the scarcity of this out-of-print software will only make it less accessible over time. Since PCSX2 is a mostly done affair (99% of games [mostly obscure] are playable without fault) I wanted them to dedicate their efforts to improving society instead of mostly talking about random stuff with no real benefit. Road traffic was to bridge my philosophy in an accessible manner since they take up space and waste time. The ultimate goal of my efforts was to create an environment with the highest quality of life with minimum utilization of resources that could be enjoyed by as many people as possible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Fucking old lady next door My microwaves broke! All it was was the clock not set right