Gaming Why is the PSVita so rubbish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cortador

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're not appealing to his demographic, the games you listed are good, but not to his taste. He listed 5 games that he liked, all 5 games only appeal to a western demographic. From the information he's given, he doesn't want J-RPG's or Rythme games, he wants more action-packed games (pew pew pew). And no, I'm of no help in that regard either.

Good luck with that demographic on the 3DS then lol.

Reactions: soulrazor

soulrazor

Trophies
XP
Country
Or, you know, read his whole post and use common sense that he was giving his personal opinion, while querying what other members felt.

did you read just my posts or are you read the tread from start?

my last post was about what he thought he wrote and not what it was meant to be.

the other post that you quoted me you clearly also miss read it since once again you missed the complete picture. the fact that any of the other games that were mentioned were similar in gener that the ones he stated he liked for the vita were:" None of those games are any good really and are not strong titles for the Vita, bh with yourself?" but "Zelda Ocarnia of Time and Link Between Worlds, Pokemon X/Y, Fire Emblem" are good games.you also said that he doesn't like j-rpg but those that he likes are j-rpg.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
I noticed a few of you talking about good platformers, i HIGHLY recommend Dustforce. Its pretty cheap on PSN and is an excellent challanging platformer. It has a demo too so you can try it out (Bottom right area from the tutorial in the demo is the area unlocked to try)

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is all just a matter of preference. Both the 3DS and the Vita have some great games, but whether you like them or not is up to you. Try renting before you buy.

Reactions: Deleted User

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Well gosh, it seems it's so bad because you have shit taste :unsure:

Please, tell us in detail how "none of those games are really good" from the list Gamerz gave. I'm sure you've played each and every one of them, so you must have a great opinion if you think none of those titles are good!

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just like last gen, 3DS has quantity, Vita has quality. Though there's still tons of vita games.
Seems like you just want a portable xbox though so good luck with that one, the vita library unfortunately only has a bunch of good games not really the casual fps crap the xbox supplies.

Arizato

Memento Mori
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I bought a 3G PSVita when they first came out I had it on pre-order from Amazon.co.uk and paid about £280.00p for it also a 16GB Sony PSVita memory card and Uncharted Golden Abyss at a further £80.24p so altogether it came too £360.24p and now I feel so very ripped off!!!. Since the arrival which was back in approx January 2012 there has been about 5 decent games overall in my opinion:- Call of Duty Black Ops Declassified, Unit 13, Killzone Mercenary, Uncharterd Golden Abyss, and Little Big Planet and that's it as far as I am concerned, every other game is not good or just plain rubbish and I have Googled future releases but I don't see anything even worth getting excited about and also the 3G is really poor!. So will the PSVita get any better or is it just doomed?. As far as comparing it too the 3DS there is just no comparison I use my 3DS all the time I never use my PSVita its just gathering alot of dust! What do other members think about there PSVita's and do you fell ripped off like me?

Get Persona 4 The Golden = Problem Solved!

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
needs to be hacked to play all PSP isos in mouthwatering HD in order for a purchase for me...oh and Black Ops Declassified still being marked at 59.99 breaks all credibility for it.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
None of those games are any good really and are not strong titles for the Vita, bh with yourself?. The 3DS has got mega good strong titles going for it:- Mario Kart 7, Luigis Mansion 2, Paper Mario Sticker Star, Super Mario 3D Land, New Super Mario Bros 2, Resident Evil Mercenaries and Revelations, Zelda Ocarnia of Time and Link Between Worlds, Pokemon X/Y, Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, Donkey Kong... m8 the list just goes on and on and on, there are so many strong titles the 3DS has that the Vita just lacks!
I have a weird feeling that the OP went out and bought a PSVita expecting Mario games. :unsure:

The PSVita has its fair share of fantastic titles and as a person who owns both the Vita and the 3DS, it's far easier for me to come up with good titles for the PSVita than for the 3DS. It all comes down to individual tastes, and as we all know, those vary. I'm not one to participate in "List Wars" so I won't post my own list of must-haves - other users will probably post plenty though.

Ozito

Who you gonna call?
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I'm surprised no one mentioned Gravity Rush, I liked it.. a lot.

I don't know your genre preference, but from the games you've mentioned (on the vita) you seem to want more FPS's.
You should try out Hotline Miami as somebody already mentioned, have in mind though it's not a fps and playing it firsthand is more fun then watching YouTube video of it.

And you should give Gravity Rush and Tearaway a try, those are really nice games.

But maybe we'll get more action oriented games in the future.

Reactions: soulrazor

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
it's partially tc's fault for buying at launch, i would have never paid £300 for a vita with 1 game, i could currently buy a ps3 bundle with 3 games for £200 and still have money left over, i also feel that the vita inability to have enough games to cater to a lot of people is a problem it has, i'm not a big fan of jrpgs so that was a big issue when buying a vita, i like racers and fighters/brawlers more, there is street fighter X tekken and need for speed MW but there needs to be more imo.

JoshuaBojangles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Handhelds are where platformers, j rpgs, and puzzle games thrive. If you arent into those things you should probably just stick to consoles.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Can you please shut this thread staff asap, it seems you carn't ask a reasonable question and ask for members views on the subject without certain members jumping on the band wagon by ruining and slating the thread! I wanted a good discussion to talk about the PSVita on my thoughts about the system not to get into an argument so certain members are looking for an answer so they can get a good kick out of answering back at you by being destructive!, I'm not into that sort of talk it might as well be shut.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my PS Vita last December, and though I don't use it much, I wouldn't say it's rubbish. Now, there are only a few PSVita games I have an interest in, but all in all, it's a pretty cool system. I noticed the few games on the Vita I do see have quite the replay value, so that's pretty good. I am surprised though to see the people in this topic who have played like, 1 game for the 3DS and never touch it again, that sounds like a personal problem. I can't drop my 3DS, I bought over 20 games for 3DS at this point, and the only one that ever slightly bored me in the whole collection was Animal Crossing, and even then, that's a pretty decent game. lol In the end I guess it's all just opinion whether a system has games or not.

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you please shut this thread staff asap, it seems you carn't ask a reasonable question and ask for members views on the subject without certain members jumping on the band wagon by ruining and slating the thread! I wanted a good discussion to talk about the PSVita on my thoughts about the system not to get into an argument so certain members are looking for an answer so they can get a good kick out of answering back at you by being destructive!, I'm not into that sort of talk it might as well be shut.
Calling the Vita rubbish is the start of a good discussion?

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Something tells me that if you wanted a reasonable discussion and to avoid arguments, you wouldn't have started off with "Why is the PS Vita so rubbish?" It'd be like if I started a thread, called it "Why does the Wii U tug my taint hole?" and got surprised when people snap back.

But no, it's everybody else that's at fault here. Gotcha.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it seems you carn't ask a reasonable question and ask for members views on the subject without certain members jumping on the band wagon by ruining and slating the thread!

Calling the Vita rubbish is the start of a good discussion?

For future reference, if you would like to have a "discussion" about something, you might have better luck starting a thread that doesn't paint your "discussion topic" in a negative light right out of the gate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3