[GUIDE] Finally Remove the Bubble Menu on PSVita

Monzv

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@airturtle
I ran into an issue. The guide says put the apps into folders then manually "hide" the folders, but once you hide ~500 apps, the vita literally won't let you put them in folders because they won't even generate on the LiveArea - it considers hidden bubbles as valid and thinks you have too many when you go over 500, refusing to generate them. I gave up on folders and just moved all the apps individually to hidden by setting field #1 (pageId) to 0 and field #2 (pos) to a unique number for each app. Once you reach a certain point, it won't even let you do that so you need to do it like this:

Set "pos" to 999 (maybe even a higher number if you have more than 999 apps installed)
Set "pageId" to 0
Set "pos" to a unique number for each app (ex: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, so on...)

While following airturtle's guide, when you get to the part where you are setting stuff to 0 in SQLite, you can instead just highlight an app's "pos" in the "Browse Data" section of SQLite, then press F2, then you can run this autohotkey script to do it automatically with each press of the capslock button:

derp:=0

capslock::
Send 999{enter}
Sleep, 50
Send {enter}{left}{f2}0{enter}
Sleep, 50
Send {enter}{right}{f2}%derp%{enter}
Sleep, 50
Send {enter}{down}{f2}
derp++
Return

If you aren't familiar with setting up an autohotkey script (installing autohotkey, right clicking the desktop and hitting "new autohotkey script", right clicking it and hitting edit and putting in the above script, saving, then double clicking the script so you'll now be able to run it by pressing capslock) then you might be in over your head and might be better just keeping the bubbles around for now so you don't mess anything up. Try it at your own risk, I don't want to be liable for anything. Overall it isn't that hard though I think.

Also, if you hide a lot of apps at once, your very next startup will be very slow, but it will be fast after that.
Hello, were you able to hide all apps? I tried to do it on my PS Vita Slim, but when I hide all the apps, including the system apps, the PS Vita doesn't open anything anymore, forcing me to recreate the database, so everything works again.

BlackSheepBoy69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Monzv
I really wanted to hide ALL the apps, but was worried something bad might happen if I did. I didn't wanna have to rebuild the database because doing that for me takes like half an hour and I was too lazy to have to deal with that.

So... you hid them all. Then what did you do? Did you have autoboot onto HexFlow Custom? Or did you do the thing like the guide says (like in @superslider 's first screenshot) where he uses Quicklauncher so he can double press the PS button to launch apps. Did you do either of these, or did you just hide everything? Was very curious but still a little too lazy to test myself. What I just did was left some system apps as well as Vitashell and HexFlow Custom unhidden as apps on the LiveArea

If you DID do autoboot or quicklaunch but it DIDN'T WORK because maybe a new undiscovered glitch that prevents you from launching anything if you hide all your apps, I am very curious about this and interested to know more as with your info might help eventually lead to the replacement totally of the livearea.

Like if you hid all your apps as you said, please describe all what happens once your vita boots up?

Monzv

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@Monzv
I really wanted to hide ALL the apps, but was worried something bad might happen if I did. I didn't wanna have to rebuild the database because doing that for me takes like half an hour and I was too lazy to have to deal with that.

So... you hid them all. Then what did you do? Did you have autoboot onto HexFlow Custom? Or did you do the thing like the guide says (like in @superslider 's first screenshot) where he uses Quicklauncher so he can double press the PS button to launch apps. Did you do either of these, or did you just hide everything? Was very curious but still a little too lazy to test myself. What I just did was left some system apps as well as Vitashell and HexFlow Custom unhidden as apps on the LiveArea

If you DID do autoboot or quicklaunch but it DIDN'T WORK because maybe a new undiscovered glitch that prevents you from launching anything if you hide all your apps, I am very curious about this and interested to know more as with your info might help eventually lead to the replacement totally of the livearea.

Like if you hid all your apps as you said, please describe all what happens once your vita boots up?
I can't take photos now, but I'll make a post soon showing the results, but basically I used the auto boot plugin to automatically start in retroflow, but after putting all the apps in folders and hiding them by messing with the database, when restarting The PS Vita has a loading screen and crashes at a certain point, forcing me to restart the database. In this process I can't press the ps button twice to access the quick launcher I would like to know how @superslider managed to access it.

xFlesk

Trophies
Website
thecompany.pl
XP
Country
Netherlands
so i was trying to add trophies app to my quicklaunch with no success.
i have tried this line:

psgm:play?titleid=NPXS10008

but it gives me (C2-12570-5) error on launch.

does anyone know how to add trophies app to quicklaunch menu ?
thank you in advance ;)

Last edited by xFlesk,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch